• Dear forum reader,

To actively participate on the forum by joining discussions or starting your own threads or topics, you need a game account and to REGISTER HERE!

Battle Help: Planks Encounter Chapter 3

DeletedUser

Up until this point, on my map I haven't seen a single tier 2 or 3 good, it's all tier 1. I'm waiting until my tome of secrets is level 3 to continue. These events crush me in supplies, and I need that 12k in supplies per scout. woot!

Karvest

The resources you need to cater in tournaments depend on your squad size. That's why it's possible to need Orcs on the World Map yet not need them in tournaments.
With his gamestyle he will need Orcs in tournaments before world map...
(not sure if it is possible to get to woodelves without opening a single range 10 province).

Last edited:

DeletedUser

Actually @Karvest the way it stands now, i'll never need orcs in tournaments period if I'm not doing them. :):marble::steel::plank::coin:

Lovec Krys

@soleil Don't worry you will need them also in the map even if you're just doing the required minimum for research.

At the begining you need just supplies, coins & T1 for cattering.
As you progress, coins & supplies are replaced with T2 & T3.
And then comes orcs (together with the large amounts of T1,T2&T3).

Heymrdiedier

I'm too lazy to calc all that stuff, and go easy way: if I loose less than one squad => it worth fighting, if more than 2.5 => better use catering/negotiation, in between - depends on how low I'm on troops or goods. But that require experience to predict how many troops you would loose.
thats exactly how i play aswell, all autocombat with an exception on high lvl provinces on high star rating

DeletedUser

@Lovec Krys , thanks for the info. Before I quit, it went to needing a bunch of tier 1. It was an odd change when you have access to all 3 tiers at chapter 3.

@Karvest and @Heymrdiedier The reason I did this, is because I wanted to know how many losses would be acceptable. If it was cheaper to negotiate or battle the map. If I lose a whole squad, that’s more expensive than negotiating. But, my acceptable losses is such a small margin, I may go to negotiating nearly everything.

Using the battle simulator for my next province, shows I will have losses in 6 of the 8 provinces and it’s cheaper to negotiate. These are blue provinces too.

I think my army units will be walking the streets of my city, with a mug of ale in hand.

DeletedUser

I don't think I'll keep testing the tournaments, relics are way more expensive to get in a tournament than my map. The price of the first encounter was 5x more than my map albeit it's not the same province but they only get more expensive when you add more provinces and levels. Plus I think being in a fellowship brings really bad luck.

Lovec Krys

@soleil Do you research all squad upgrades including the non-mandatory?
If so, that might be part of the problem.
Also if you are in low chapters, your unit count is simply rounded up (1 unit is minimum).
The first province in tournament is 5% of your squad size, so if your squad size is 100, you'll battle with 100 units in the map and 5 units in the tournament's first round, but if your squad size is 10, you'll battle with 1 unit despite it being higher than 5% of your squad size.

DeletedUser

@Lovec Krys I'm only chapter 3, well I'm done but not moving on until I have my endless excavation. It's not until chapter 5 you can skip squad upgrades. which I don't think I'll do. I'd rather have my map cheaper as it's required content. To be honest, my map isn't even as good as it could be. It's possible, when I hit the final ring of this chapter the cost evens out, but still you have to complete 4 provinces in a tournament to get 1 relic.

Karvest

You can skip SS upgrades starting from the first chapter... and the only one chapter without skipable SS upgrades is chapter 4.
At further rounds/provinces you get more than 1 relic per 4 tournament encounters (up to 5).
The less you are underscooted and the more SS techs you have skipped - the cheaper tournaments you have comparing to openworld.

DeletedUser

@Karvest I'm not sure that's accurate. But I can check again. Plus, tournaments are not required, my map is to progress. I'm not going to ruin my map for the sake of tournaments :D

Karvest

You can't ruin your map for the tournaments.
You will anyway conquer your provinces and face with either no opened provinces to get your relics/KP/etc due to underscooting, or much higher costs than in tournament.

DeletedUser

Yup you can skip them. But I'm not going to. I could see if they made streets "Optional" but not squad sizes. If you're going up in encounters and more provinces in tournaments then the cost keeps going up.

My map is required content, keeping blue encounters makes everything cheaper on my map. By skipping squad size upgrades my map is not as blue as it can be and I'd be making a harder map for the sake of tournaments that aren't required content but are completely optional.

Lovec Krys

@soleil Well, you have choosen your way. If you prefer to invest hundreds of KPs in others wonders just to get one rune, it's your own business. I prefer to get them from tournament.
My opinion about waiting in chapter III city for wonder is, that the city is too small for wonders. I built my first wonder in chapter V, until then I played without them.

Karvest

Skipping SS upgrades make your map less blue, but doesn't affect negotiation cost, if you are not going to fight as you stated...

DeletedUser

@Karvest I don't have a new account to see if negotiating costs are smaller, since I can't see what they look like before I open them. I know they don't change in negotiating costs once you open them and then finish an ss upgrade.

@Lovec Krys if you don't spend any money perhaps you're right about wonders, but I do support the game and have a few expansions. But hey I'm willing to see if I can get at least 1 in, in a city that doesn't have expansions. But I'll wait until a new event comes about.

Hi @Scoobydoo

Karvest

Negotiating cost depends on enemy army, SS upgrades affect only your army in openworld provinces.
Negotiating cost and enemy SS openworld are affected by:
1. number of already scouted provinces at the moment of scooting of particular province
2. advanced scooting techs learned at the moment of scooting of particular province
3. distance form your city to that province
Color of the province shows ratio between your SS and enemy SS in that particular province.
So if you are not going to fight openworld - no reason to learn SS upgrades at all.

DeletedUser

Unless you show me proof, I'm not going to believe anything. :D Devs don't always tell us changes.