• Dear forum reader,

To actively participate on the forum by joining discussions or starting your own threads or topics, you need a game account and to REGISTER HERE!

Battle Help: Planks Encounter Chapter 3

Karvest

supplies are worth taking into account only on early chapters, when you cater using them. On later chapters supplies mean nothing, all about time, needed to produce troops and goods. Strategy is to balance fights and catering in the way half of your loses would be troop and half - goods for catering. Especially if you start doing the tournaments, where first rounds are cheaper to fight and last rounds - to cater, and whole week production of both goods and troops should cover all loses for sustainable tourney performance.

DeletedUser

Well you know, @Karvest that I think tournaments are too expensive per relic. My sweet spot I think is around 46 units lost per encounter, anything over that cater. Gems is right on the cusp but it's probably because I'm battling wrong. planks is under, crystal under, now going to see what others are as well.

And a bit off topic, I have 2 spells in my magic academy that I will make and it's the pop spell. (one that's sort of easy to get in a tournament) for me, it takes 2 crystal relics to make 2 pop spells but in the magic academy it's 1 crystal relic. They are the relics I lack the most of with the new cc spell. And I am swimming in spell fragments. Back stroke, party at soleil's I'm over 30 factories now.

Karvest

back to the topic: these lost troops are less than one hour production in my barracks, while catering of such encounter costs around 8k of each tier goods (which is a bit more than one hour production for my city) + some orcs. So, the answer is yes, this fight was better than negotiating. Even without taking into account that it was first round province and anyway I'd better save goods for the last rounds, where troop loses would be much bigger, up to not being able to win at all, since scrolls is one of the hardest tournaments to fight.
Your "46 units lost" sweet spot will end soon, squad sizes are growing too fast to stick at some concrete numbers.

DeletedUser

Your "46 units lost" sweet spot will end soon, squad sizes are growing too fast to stick at some concrete numbers.
Yeah it might be something I have to figure out routinely on my map. it's 46 units now in whatever ring I"m in and then change again with ss and map difficulty. I'm just taking an average of what it costs me in goods and how many units I can lose for that same amount.
Your squad size is so massive compared to mine. My size of golems is 24 :)

Karvest

this is actually x1.5 of my SS, since it was province #30 of tourney.
at province #1 tournament SS is only 26 golems for me now...
That's why everybody here wondering how your tourney cost per relic can be more than tournament one.

DeletedUser

@Karvest because I compared it to my map, it's the only thing I have to compare a tournament to. It costs me more in goods and lose more in units even in the first round of tournaments.

Karvest

In first round you should have squads of 1-2 golems. May be rounding issues produce higher costs/loses (and it was way worse in first chapter, where you have SS of 1 golem openworld and the same 1 golem in 1st province of tourney since there can't be less than 1 golem). But even now (with 24 golems squads openworld) tournaments should become way cheaper. Check it again. And again after learning next few mandatory SS upgrades.

DeletedUser

I'll check it again soon and see the difference. Right now though with the event, I can finish my encounters and relic quests on my map since I'm done with squad size and my map isn't going to get easier than it is now. It's as blue as it can get.

DeletedUser

I think I'm officially giving up on battling. Oh I get it now. It doesn't cost this much. The 6 for the golem means nothing as far costs it's still 1 unit.

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser

come look @Karvest
I think I have it right now...,maybe... I'm getting closer to being done with the final blue encounters and costs are starting to go up a little.
This is a shot of a steel encounter. I'm using my own cost for steel for the calcs. For whatever reason, I cannot remember battles and the nerd in me puts stuff like this together to help.
battlevsnegotiate.JPG

Karvest

I'm too lazy to calc all that stuff, and go easy way: if I loose less than one squad => it worth fighting, if more than 2.5 => better use catering/negotiation, in between - depends on how low I'm on troops or goods. But that require experience to predict how many troops you would loose.

Deleted User - 60107

Is that an actual encounter? If yes - you're lucky. For this particular battle - 4 squads of Heavy Melee troops - you should be able to win with no losses just by using 5 full squads of Archers, focusing on one (or at most two) enemy squads at a time and staying out of enemy reach.

DeletedUser

Yup that is an actual battle, see I can't remember anything... but I have one that I did with a planks encounter before I was taking the little picture snips
I was probably luckier because I had my little phoenix buffed
planksbattle.JPG

DeletedUser

But I updated my notes section: Shadowblack says use all archers :D Thank you for that. Would you please help me with the gems encounter? I did pretty poorly last time and I'm going to try again with the next relics quest.

DeletedUser

Disregard help on gems, with elvenarchitects fabulous battle simulator figured out what I was doing wrong and that it's a 50/50 province.

DeletedUser

Okie doke thanks @shadowblack I did 2 encounters of crystal, 8 of marble, 8 of gems and 16 scrolls...which we know what I did with those.

I'm also 1 rune away from being able to build the endless excavation.

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser

Who keeps breaking the game?

Created my own little fs to look at tournaments again. While I'm not sure I can make a fair comparison, it has changed. Last time I did tournaments it was always just marble, steel and planks. This one now includes silk. This is what my first province looks like.

To get 1 silk relic and 1 pop costs:
Supplies: 680
Steel: 490
Planks: 200
Silk: 207
Total Supplies: approx 2,940

I'm going to wait until I have an open province for the same tournament because as it stands now I can get 5 relics from my map, for the cost of 1 province completed in a tournament. Before I quit, it wasn't until you were in chapter 5 that you started seeing tier 2 goods.

The Magic dust tournament, I'll do a another comparison with an open province.

Deleted User - 60107

The resources you need to cater in tournaments depend on your squad size. That's why it's possible to need Orcs on the World Map yet not need them in tournaments.