• Dear forum reader,

To actively participate on the forum by joining discussions or starting your own threads or topics, you need a game account and to REGISTER HERE!

Cannot reproduce Battle Freezes

Preator

Game version: 0.14.13280-255cebe-(master)
Game world: Beta 1
Browser + version: Firefox 37.0.2
Flash Player version: 17.0.0.134
Operating System: Win 7 - 64 Bits
Screen resolution: 1366 x 768
Account name: Preator
Humans or Elves: Elves

Reproducibility: 1/5

Quest title: N/A

Current situation:
I am in the middle of a battle. It is my archers' turn. The archers squad did not move in this turn yet. I clicked on the top left orc stack with 21 units in order to attack them. My archers did not attack. When I hover over the archer squad with my mouse, the movement and the attacking range are not highlighted. I can not move them anymore. I can not do anything anymore. "End Turn" button does not work as well. The battle is practically frozen.

Expected situation:
The archers' squad is supposed to attack the orcs' squad.

Reproduction Steps
Enter a battle
2. Attempt to attack one of the enemy stacks
3. Wait for the explained situation happens

Screenshots of the bug:
LmncCF2.jpg

Additional Info:
The information buttons (the white italic i letters with blue background) do work.
The speed change button do work, i can change the speed (which is always zero, so by doubling it is still zero :))
The surrender button do work.
The "Finish Battle Automatically" button seemed to be working at first. When I clicked it, "Battle Results" button appeared at the top of the screen. After clicking that "Battle Results" button, nothing happened. After that, the surrender button stopped working as well.

Here is the screenshot after I clicked "Finish Battle Automatically" and "Battle Results" buttons. Notice that the surrender and finish automatically buttons are not active anymore.

JE2jiCs.jpg

At that time I was totally stuck. I had nothing to do but refreshing the page.

Well, the good thing is, after refreshing the page, the game gave me the option to continue my incomplete battle or retreat it. I chose to continue, and i watched the replay of the battle until the point i was stuck at. After that, I was able to play without a problem and finish the battle.

One more thing, the round numbers are strange as well. At the left it says Round 2, to the right it is Round 4. There isn't any round 3.

DeletedUser628

Thank you Preator for reporting this to us. That seems like a load of trouble, we'll look into it.

DeletedUser628

Has anyone else had any similar experiences during their battles? So far we are unable to reproduce this ourselves.

DeletedUser628

Since we're unable to reproduce this at this time and it mostly appears to have been a one-time occurrence, I will mark the thread as such. Should the bug infestation reach anyone's house, do give us a call so we can have another look at it.

Preator

This never happened to me again neither. Sometimes I was having lag during battles though. And the above explained situation seems like a lag that lasts forever. The lags occur almost always when I use my whole bandwidth for downloading something. So I thought, this might be related with connection problems. So I tried to reproduce this by entering a battle, closing my internet connection, and connecting again.
After reconnecting i was able to reproduce the same situation again.

And yes, as far as i remember i was downloading something when the above bug occurred.

I doubt that we can name this as a bug in this case (or still should we? i don't know, you devs decide it i guess). Perhaps it would be better the game at least to prompt us saying that we lost connection and ask us to connect again.

P.S: Sorry for writing this after you mark the thread as "Cannot reproduce" :)

DeletedUser628

If the error is caused by something external, whether internet connection problems or a flash/browser memory issue, then there is very little that can be done from the developers side, if anything at all. If the initial source of the problem is the game, yes, that can be reported and looked into. But having the game track one's internet speed and/or the computer's memory usage and providing a warning message based on that is not likely to happen.

This experience so far seems to be very isolated and in both cases it appears either the connection to the game was lost or there were flash issues which lead to the game stopping to work. Even though the thread is marked as "cannot reproduce" it does not mean we'll stop investigating the issue. Quite the contrary, any additional and new information is quite welcome as it could help us reproduce it or at least confirm whether or not it is a game problem. :) But, at this time there's nothing else we can do.