• Dear forum reader,

To actively participate on the forum by joining discussions or starting your own threads or topics, you need a game account and to REGISTER HERE!

Battle Battle challenge with other players

Droopy

A nice add-on to the game would be if you could challenge another player to fight with.
Currently we have Tournament, Spire and World where we fight, but would it not be great if we could fight against another player?

I understand this is not easy due the different chapters and research we are in, but a balance could found here.

Thinking of a list where you register that you want to battle for the next x-time-period.
Someone else also register and when time-periods match enough the batlle starts. Ofcourse there should be a time limit on everytime when it is your turn.

edeba

I think that not fighting each other is one of the reasons many players play this game. And the oposite would only made many players quit.
I think that would depend on whether you have to accept a challenge. To me, it could be fun if it doesn't burn a huge amount of your troop resources and if it has a chat ability. I actually see it as potentially being a very useful tool in the FS to improve.

Droopy

I think that would depend on whether you have to accept a challenge. To me, it could be fun if it doesn't burn a huge amount of your troop resources and if it has a chat ability. I actually see it as potentially being a very useful tool in the FS to improve.
The idea was indeed as totally seperated function and every player decides if he/she register for a fight, so if you don't want to battle (or time does not fit) you just don't register.

CrazyWizard

The idea was indeed as totally seperated function and every player decides if he/she register for a fight, so if you don't want to battle (or time does not fit) you just don't register.
Even if it's seperate, elvenar was developed for people who loathe PvP, so it will never happen. all other innogames games have PvP and this was the one they would differentiate for having none.

Droopy

Even if it's seperate, elvenar was developed for people who loathe PvP, so it will never happen. all other innogames games have PvP and this was the one they would differentiate for having none.
I don't see a reason why not, you will have a choice to play in that part or not. Are you speaking for INNO?

The Fairy

I don't see a reason why not, you will have a choice to play in that part or not.

I have a choice to play tourney, but if I want the rewards then I have to participate.
I have a choice to play spire, but if I want the rewards then I have to participate.
I have a choice to play events, but if I want the rewards then I have to participate.
I have a choice to be in a fellowship or not, but if I want the benefits then I have to be in a fellowship.

Unless the rewards from this PvP is close to worthless, then I would hurt my city if I don't participate. And I don't want to participate, I choose to play Elvenar cause it isn't PvP. There are PLENTY of PvP games out there, please don't change Elvenar to be PvP!

CrazyWizard

I don't see a reason why not, you will have a choice to play in that part or not. Are you speaking for INNO?
I am Prasing there official statement. the reason they build elvenar was city builder without PVP to target females ages 30+ that are not interested in there other games.

Jammin

Apart from what has already been written, how should that work at all.
How is your own and opposing troop size determined?
If both parties have the same troops, e.g. rangers, who starts? if RNG decide, it is not a challenge, who does damage first wins.
How do you put troops, blindly or do you see the troop line-up from the opposite, if blind it is not a challenge but RNG, if so who sees from whom first, can you still exchange troops then, is it still fair?

You can fight like this against a machine because its troop strength increases in return, but against another real player it is hardly possible to make it fair.

Then it would still have to be clarified whether tournament boosters also count, because if for example, there is a steel tournament, it would be a bit too predictable which boosters are in the city. In addition, would players even be willing to invest in boosters outside of the tournament?