• Dear forum reader,

To actively participate on the forum by joining discussions or starting your own threads or topics, you need a game account and to REGISTER HERE!

Implemented Battle aim

Status
Not open for further replies.

DeletedUser

I would like to suggest a different way while attacking, like the movement way of Civilization series (sid meiers games).

What i mean. Now when you want to attack a unit, you click on it and your highlighted unit go (the shortest way) and attack. But this way you can block your own units and can attack again the same enemy unit. So why not doing this. Depending on where the cursor is, the selected unit will go. For example, if you click from the left side, then your unit will go from this side, even the shortest way is from the right.

DeletedUser

besides your suggestion I want to note that you can choose the hexfield from which the unit attacks. For this you shoud not click on the unit you want to attack. Instead click at first on the hexfield from which you want to attack. When the unit has arrived on that hexfield beside the enemy click on the enemy unit to attack. This way you avoid undesired blocking.

DeletedUser

besides your suggestion I want to note that you can choose the hexfield from which the unit attacks. For this you shoud not click on the unit you want to attack. Instead click at first on the hexfield from which you want to attack. When the unit has arrived on that hexfield beside the enemy click on the enemy unit to attack. This way you avoid undesired blocking.

Every time i did it, the unit go to the point as you said, but skip his move and the next unit is available to move. So i have to attack immediately

DeletedUser236

What you can do is click on the hex you want to go to (the blue arrow in my screenshot) and then click on the enemy (the pink arrow in my screenshot).. This way you walk the route you want to and you can attack.. You should be able do this in the same turn, just make sure to wait until you have moved and then click the enemy.. I think this is what Bernardus meant as well :)

XxEZfld.png

edit: I was a bit slow, you already responded to what Bernardus said, sorry

DeletedUser

I think this is what Bernardus meant as well
indeed but you did it way more beautiful :D

@Cherubim: I think this is one of the battle bugs under investigation?! It never happened to me. Not sure if we need a new battle feature like yours although a fix of the actual battle feature could solve the problem. But I support your idea of alternative pathfinding when attacking directly as you are forced to do because of the bug.

DeletedUser

indeed but you did it way more beautiful :D

@Cherubim: I think this is one of the battle bugs under investigation?! It never happened to me. Not sure if we need a new battle feature like yours although a fix of the actual battle feature could solve the problem. But I support your idea of alternative pathfinding when attacking directly as you are forced to do because of the bug.

If the problem i mentioned will be fixed, then no point of what im asking. Ok, it will be nice as alternative.

DeletedUser

honestly I lost track of all the bugs reported concerning battle field :confused:
Perhaps you should report your experiences in the bugs forum, too

DeletedUser

honestly I lost track of all the bugs reported concerning battle field :confused:
Perhaps you should report your experiences in the bugs forum, too

I thought it wasnt a bug, just a game feature. So, i will do it now. Thnx my friend

DeletedUser43

I will close this thread as "Implemented", as you should be able to move your unit to the hex of your choice and then attack the enemy. The conversation about this will continue in the bug report (click). :)

Status
Not open for further replies.