• Dear forum reader,

To actively participate on the forum by joining discussions or starting your own threads or topics, you need a game account and to REGISTER HERE!

Battle [Battle] Add troop type icon to enemy troops in tournament provinces

• Thread starter DeletedUser2411
  • Start date

Are you in favor of this idea?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

DeletedUser2411

Summary
Add colors to the background of units already in the initial box that gives you the choice to fight or cater.

Description
On the dialog box that gives option to fight or cater add the troop type icon or change the troop image background colour to signify troop type, ie light melee, heavy melee etc.

This would be a minor change that should be easy to implement but it would let players to instantly see how many different types they are against and of which types they are so they can decide whether to fight or cater without having to offer over each troop manually. At present you could get 4 different troop images which makes it look like it will be really difficult fight so you may decide to cater but if you actually hover over them you find they are only actually two troop types which are far easier to fight, having to hover over images to get troop types for what may be up to 8 troops, in 4 fights per province, for up to 6 rounds in dozens of provinces is unnecessarily time consuming when a simple type icon or colour change could let you see this information immediately.

You can get the troop type info currently by hovering over each icon but that is annoying when you are doing lots of battles, icons for troop types are already available so adding them to the images troop images shouldn't be difficult, each troop type icon also already has it own colour, so changing background colours to troop images would be an alternative, I imagine the colours being in the two empty triangular areas at the top of troop images rather than the entire background if adding a background colour rather than icon was preferred.

Motivation
It would make it easier to see for players who don't fight often, if this battle is worth fighting for them or not.

Possible downsides
Esthetics.

Last edited by a moderator:

SoggyShorts

This is kinda already there when you hover over your unit:
troop type.png

DeletedUser2411

You only get that if you click the fight button, you then have to hover over each of your units to see what they are, if you decide not to fight you then have to leave so you can click the cater button and you have to do all that hundreds of times per tournament whereas my suggestion lets you see what the troop types are immediately without having to do anything.

It's precisely because I find that so annoying I made the suggestion, I've already stopped even going to the fight option for rounds 3-6 and just cater instead unless they all happen to be the same troop or I happen to recognise that the enemies that are there only belong to one or two troop types.

SoggyShorts

Fair enough, I always decide to fight and I recognize all enemy units, but I can see how it could be annoying if you don't.

DeletedUser

What if they added that page to the front page so you're not having to even click fight and then select your troops? It's all done of the main page.

The bottom buttons would be cater, auto fight and fight.

Heymrdiedier

i wouldnt mind some extra visualisation either. Especially for new players, all those enemy orc fighters (warrior/deserters) look the same, so its easy to make a mistake when choosing your troops

DeletedUser

Put together a not so great graphic. Click the encounter and it shows this instead of the old version. Everything is on one page versus catering on one and the army page on another.
fullbattleshot1.JPG

DeletedUser

It wasn't my suggestion, @Atlantis took the time to make a really good suggestion about battling and I offered up something to streamline it.

DeletedUser2411

I like the idea of having just the single screen, not sure about the horizontal layout though, especially since the fight section has horizontal splits itself, it kind of looks like 3 different sections rather that two. I think It would be clearer if their was a vertical split instead, say 80% for the fight bit with 20% of the catering bit with a clear 'or' label on the split, the problem with that though is some battles can have 8 enemies and might not be feasible to squeeze them into the shorter width.

DeletedUser

Another good idea @Atlantis I guess it all depends if they will be adding more to the catering side, ya know instant win with a pet Phoenix. Or the catering side will be empty and the army side squished.

Marindor

Hi guys,

This idea unfortunately didn't get the minimum amount of voters. We will now archive it.