• Dear forum reader,

To actively participate on the forum by joining discussions or starting your own threads or topics, you need a game account and to REGISTER HERE!

Spire base tournament/spire formula on things that are under your control instead of something that can never be undone.

Heymrdiedier

Since we cant undo the placing of expansions, we basically are punished forever since the new tournament formula was introduced.

My suggestion would be to use working population and/or culture to determine the cost instead of placed expansions.
That way if a player would want to downsize his town because of this formula, he can.

A secondary suggestion would be to base the formula on amount of all your production factories produce in 1 day, instead of relic boost.

By doing this, people who enjoy spire/tournament can actually still compete against players who made a city, catered to abuse the bad formula to make tournament/spire cheaper. (like by making a city with minimal expansions and only premiums who weigh less in the formula)

Don't get me wrong I still think the formula is very bad and not good for the business model of elvenar (spending premium hurts you),
but I think its clear they don't want to do something about that stupid mistake.

I realise you could say, what about teleport spells. people would just teleport everything just before start and then put it all back afterwards. well to counter that, you could make it so the numbers arent picked at the start, but that the numbers are the average of the whole week before or something.

Lovec Krys

A secondary suggestion would be to base the formula on amount of all your production factories produce in 1 day, instead of relic boost.
You do realize, that all players at the end of tech tree would basicaly teleport all of their manufactories and play for several months without a single manufactory in their town, right?
My suggestion would be to use working population and/or culture to determine the cost instead of placed expansions.
That way if a player would want to downsize his town because of this formula, he can.
So still a punishment for all who cares about points, just instead of punishing them for expansions, punish them even more for their buildings. Minimal city would be still the best from tournament perspective and instead of city full of manufactories the best options would be to fill your city with goods producing cultural hybrids, so you would have top tournament cities' production based only on cultural hybrids and wonders without any manufactories.

I'm afraid that your suggestions might lead to even worse formula than we already have right now.

Karvest

A partial solution to the problem is to make premium expansions not count against us at all.
That will just favor cities created after previous formula change even more. Now you have do think twice before putting a single premium expansion, with your suggestion you can just put everything your diamonds stash allows you and still have costs like you have a tiny city based on default 6 expansions...

MultiverseOpsBeta

That will just favor cities created after previous formula change even more. Now you have do think twice before putting a single premium expansion, with your suggestion you can just put everything your diamonds stash allows you and still have costs like you have a tiny city based on default 6 expansions...
You misread. I stated PREMIUM expansions. Not all expansions.

Karvest

Not misread. Extreme cities created after tournament changes already contain only premium expansions, and very limited amount of them. That change will just remove the limiting factor and let you buy as many of them as your wallet can afford.

MultiverseOpsBeta

Not misread. Extreme cities created after tournament changes already contain only premium expansions, and very limited amount of them. That change will just remove the limiting factor and let you buy as many of them as your wallet can afford.
Then the solution is to take expansions out of the equation altogether. I don't know why we would be incentivized to make smaller cities. With all the event buildings, it would make sense for Inno to allow us to have the space to place evolving buildings without a penalty.

Killy

Well the same goes for the AW levels, why would a penalty make sense there? But that was said right at the beginning and it doesn't looks like Inno cares about those facts at all. ;)

Dorfl the Clay

With all the event buildings, it would make sense for Inno to allow us to have the space to place evolving buildings without a penalty.
But that was said right at the beginning and it doesn't looks like Inno cares about those facts at all. ;)
Maybe both of you are not aware that INNO is a commercial enterprise and a global business making millions of dollars.. see: