• Dear forum reader,

To actively participate on the forum by joining discussions or starting your own threads or topics, you need a game account and to REGISTER HERE!

Bandwith to look at other cities

reinhardz

Hi
could someone please confirm the bandwidth it takes to look at another city in a web browser.

No matter what browser I use, it takes 100 - 130 MB of download data to look at a city. That means giving 10 x neighbourly help, using a PC will cost me about 1 GB of data transfer. I have a 100 GB per month service provider contract. Not good :(

I know I could use a smartphone or tablet (if I have such a device) to provide help without looking at a city but that is beside my point. I only want to have confirmed so I know it's nothing wrong with my PC system or setup of the browser.
Thanks!

Karvest

You can set graphics quality to low in settings to reduce bandwidth usage. + if you've already seen some building in one city, it would be loaded from cache in another.

reinhardz

You can set graphics quality to low in settings to reduce bandwidth usage. + if you've already seen some building in one city, it would be loaded from cache in another.
Thanks, that was interesting. It got reduced to 10 - 20 MB per city. Still a lot but better than 100 ;)