• Dear forum reader,

To actively participate on the forum by joining discussions or starting your own threads or topics, you need a game account and to REGISTER HERE!

Other Balancing recruitment of units cost

• Thread starter Deleted User - 81672
  • Start date

Deleted User - 81672

Since now we can recruit from all 3 military buildings supplies are in high demand.

I propose that the cost of units should include coins also.
Supplies to be cut in half and the other half to be coins.

Military needs money too. :)

Pauly7

I don't agree either. I cater in the Spire and struggle with coins. If supplies run out all I have to do is wait until the next collection. A buffed Magic Workshop gives me 6-700k of supplies in 3 hrs so they are in much less short supply.

Lovec Krys

@Salador One more point. NH with max. lv Main Hall gives 90K coins, negotiating can easily take milions of coins (even the first Spire encounter costs me 410K with 1 try, on second and third floor it costs milions). Compared to the costs, NH gives nothing (especialy on PC where fast NH is available only for FS & Notifications and doing daily hundreds of manual NH would be even more crazy than doing every week 50 tourny provinces manual battles).

edeba

-1. You can buff workshops, but not residences. Sorry @Salador but I totally disagree with this idea. And, as you go further, the value of NH is declining. In the early chapters it is 0.3% of the main hall and at the end it is down to 0.15% of the main hall. I am far more likely to run out of coin than supplies.

Now, I would support an "or" idea, you select if you want to pay with coin OR supplies.

The Silent One

@Salador One more point. NH with max. lv Main Hall gives 90K coins, negotiating can easily take milions of coins (even the first Spire encounter costs me 410K with 1 try, on second and third floor it costs milions). Compared to the costs, NH gives nothing (especialy on PC where fast NH is available only for FS & Notifications and doing daily hundreds of manual NH would be even more crazy than doing every week 50 tourny provinces manual battles).
I cheat and log off of computer and jump on mobile to do map NH!

Lissona

Perhaps one should include in the discussion the different viewpoints/development stages/weekly challenges - and not only the ego-perspective...

Lovec Krys

@The Silent One I don't have a Smart phone and I have deleted the last Emulator like 2 years ago (I still hate the Emulator). I'm going to keep my old mobile phone as long as possible. Besides even with App it would still be crazy clicking every day...

In my main city I have 33 residences (22 of them magic). Without counting cultural bonus, 1 Magic residence produces 490K coins - just enough for 1 Spire negotiation try in the first encounter. Spire is the main reason why many end game players who negotiate Spire struggle with their coins (especialy at the end of Spire week when negotiating 3rd floor's crazy amounts.)

edeba

By visiting your fellowship and world map neighbors daily you can easily generate more coins
Good to know but a long way to go!
In the early chapters NH is 0.3% of the main hall and in the last chapter it is down to 0.15% of the main hall. You can not generate as much relative coin, and everything is more expensive as far as coin goes in later chapters.

But, I think most people know they can generate coin from their world map.

Wowwie

EVen using an app or mobile device the collection of map coins is a time investment
visiting 50 players at one time gave you significant extra coins but lately one has to do 100 player helps to recover coin losses at least

galrond

In the early chapters NH is 0.3% of the main hall and in the last chapter it is down to 0.15% of the main hall. You can not generate as much relative coin, and everything is more expensive as far as coin goes in later chapters.

But, I think most people know they can generate coin from their world map.
Thx 4 info @edeba I hadn´t noticed, that NH output % was different :oops:

That said I never struggle with coins, and always struggle with supplies.
But I don´t support the surgestion. I think it´s part of the flavor, that coins and supplies are used for different things: you can´t buy KP with supplies, and you can´t train troops with coins. It can be inconvinient at times, but it´s part of the game.
If in dire need of either, I use the windfall spells. I even craft those for supplies. The ones for coins I have in abundance from rewards.

Like @Lovec Krys I only use PC (and for same reasons). I´m glad, that they made easy NH posible for FS and notifications on PC (and they should do so for map NH too).

edeba

EVen using an app or mobile device the collection of map coins is a time investment
visiting 50 players at one time gave you significant extra coins but lately one has to do 100 player helps to recover coin losses at least

I worked out an actual example for the same province/level and the lower level player would have had to do 67 visits to make up the coin from NH and the higher level player 156 visits from NH. The difference in the two examples was for the same province, same level, one player needed 12.96% of their main hall coin capacity, and the other needed 25.92% of the main hall capacity.

Here's my analysis of coin from NH.
Looking at the coin again, until level 17 the main all gave a constant 0.3% of its capacity for NH. Level 19 give 0.27%, level 21 gives 0.25%, level 23 gives 0.23%, level 25 gives 0.21%, level 27 gives 0.2%, level 29 gives 0.19%, level 31 gives 0.176%, level 33 gives 0.168%, level 35 gives 0.1674%, level 37 gives 0.1667% and doing chapter 17 for level 39 gives 0.15%, so since Dwarves the value of NH relative to the main hall has been cut in half.