• Dear forum reader,

To actively participate on the forum by joining discussions or starting your own threads or topics, you need a game account and to REGISTER HERE!

Discussion Balancing Changes: Moonstone Library

ayvinul

Please fix the other buildings as well!!!

Granted the scrolls overload affects everyone, but all high level players see the same effect with ascendant goods from the gate and the gum tree.

(one of my main cities has planks/scrolls/dust as boosts, definite loser)

little bee

I guess we'll have to beg for another two years untill they fix the sentient goods problem as well.
In my opinion this one is even worse, because the decays prevents us from simply hoarding the overproduced goods. And at least they have not yet introduced any hightent gum, moonstone, bismut requirements into research. So fixing the other buildings should be straight forward without the risk of permanently skewing the market in the other direction.

Avocado

I am happy about the change, I love the sight of the silk icon in my moonstone lib and look forward to the change it will make in the market. As a new player, I have been spared the suffering of the previous 2 years, but sympathize with you others...especially concerning bismuth and gum.

I do think it only solves a small part of the moonstone problem, though. One drawback to just changing the produced goods seems to me, that the power tilt between cities with moonstone fleets and cities with just one bib will problably get more grave. Because before, they harvested useless scrolls and now they get huge amounts of useful T2 goods, which have a good worth in the market.

But I am seeing this as a first step towards solving all these problems and resolving coarse imbalances. So, thanks for moving towards a change, :))

Lovec Krys

because the decays prevents us from simply hoarding the overproduced goods.
For end game players, this can be lowered much by Simia wonder (especialy on 30+ with only 2% decay).

@Avocado Majority of advanced players have multiple Libraries only due to the CC production. Give them something smaller without T1-9 goods production and majority of libraries will disappear quickly from cities.

Turbina

What about the rest of the set? The current fix will make the problem smaller, but not solve it, because the 2x1 building still produces scrolls only. And the rest of the set (except for the mana plant) causes the same problem (although in lower quantities) with Tree gum and Bismuth.

CrazyWizard

Most likely because data doesn't show an issue with the other goods.

Because the goods decay there can never be such an amound of 1 good in circulation that it's not needed anymore.
Yes there might be a bismut oversupply but the higher the oversupply the bigger the decay. therefore there will be always a need for the other goods and there will never be an issue similar to scrolls.

Enevhar Aldarion

@Turbina My Endless Scroll now produces crystals. So they have changed 2 buildings. I don't get it why they didn't changed all of them then.

Because sentient goods are not a problem for enough people for it to matter? My Live city is not boosted in either, has 5 library sets out, and I always have to trade to get enough tree gum or bismuth when I need to do research or upgrade. Plus, as CW said, decay.

Arthus

Negotiations in spire and tournament are expensive in comparison to the military way, tournaments can be easily done with military boosts/fire phoenix/brown bears for units, so i don't use goods at all besides researches and upgrading buildings to next chapter version.

As we have no more mechanics to use normal goods in (no colonies etc) and scrolls were often foolishly rewarded in events as one of the side-prizes from chests as i remember, there can be players reaching to hundreds of millions of scrolls in city.

Also keep in mind that they just limited moonstone library sets now to 1 per city craftable in academy, but for a long long time it was as a reward in spire and more advanced players have double-digits of them, which in chapters 16+ can be more than 100k of scrolls per day, around 10k of sentient goods and 30k of mana, not even mentioning spell fragments.

What i would do:
-delete all moonstone library sets from the game
-reintroduce them in limited ammount, available from magic academy crafting
-rebalance old set buildings from 2016-2018 to be actually useful (i think only Kirit/Krarak set is ok)
-reintroduce them into the game for players that could not get them, in the same way as they reintroduced evolving buildings right now to new players, this way recycling nice content from the past and saving time and effort on creating brand new things.

Last edited:

ZodiBeta

Happy with this change, as well as being able to teleport evolving buildings! Thanks Inno!
It makes more sense to have any tier boosted +1 or +2 for event buildings with productions.
Please remember sentient/ascended goods productions for event buildings too!
When will these changes reach all the live worlds?

Martia

I would have liked the change to +2 more, because many evos did have +1. For me as crystal player again a building that still gives scrolls, would be nice to have a building giving me silk. Only advantage, because of the paper it's still a library.

The Fairy

What i would do:

If this is done can I then have all my RR spells back please that I have spent on upgrading my mana plants and gum plants. RR spells are quite valuable to me so I only spend them on buildings that I intend to keep forever. Also, I would need to find another source of mana and seeds as I get a good amount of mana from all my mana plants and seeds from all my gum trees - so I hope I will get a long notice so I have time to find replacements! (Not to mention the catalysts and spell fragments that I would be missing...)

(And yes, I know this is not a suggestion from Inno, but if it was to be implemented then I would have some problems...)

CrazyWizard

Negotiations in spire and tournament are expensive in comparison to the military way, tournaments can be easily done with military boosts/fire phoenix/brown bears for units, so i don't use goods at all besides researches and upgrading buildings to next chapter version.

As we have no more mechanics to use normal goods in (no colonies etc) and scrolls were often foolishly rewarded in events as one of the side-prizes from chests as i remember, there can be players reaching to hundreds of millions of scrolls in city.

Also keep in mind that they just limited moonstone library sets now to 1 per city craftable in academy, but for a long long time it was as a reward in spire and more advanced players have double-digits of them, which in chapters 16+ can be more than 100k of scrolls per day, around 10k of sentient goods and 30k of mana, not even mentioning spell fragments.

What i would do:
-reintroduce them in limited ammount, available from magic academy crafting
-rebalance old set buildings from 2016-2018 to be actually useful (i think only Kirit/Krarak set is ok)
-reintroduce them into the game for players that could not get them, in the same way as they reintroduced evolving buildings right now to new players, this way recycling nice content from the past and saving time and effort on creating brand new things.
This is never ever an option, you can replace them but never delete them.
This might break cities, and as earlier examples have shown, once you break a city the player will leave.

Also the other points are very mood.
You keep looking at what someone else has and you need it too, it's a very tiring life if you are constantly jealous of what other have.

Becouse your point is so pointless, rebalance everything to kirit/karat standard?
What does that change? does it make current prizes more desirable? no it doesn't

The problem is that that unless you craate a constant power creep which will lead to 1x1 buildings that give 1 trillion mana as an exaggerated example.
If we rebalance all to kirit/karat standard than all new buildings are as "good/bad" as the previous onces.
You have to accept that at some point you have got it all, and it's very unlikely that any new event building will make you exited.
You have reached that point and for some reason you seem to be laser focussed on buildings from the past that you havent managed to aquire as some lifeline.
But rebalancing to kirit/karat standards changes absolutely nothing, it still means that every building you own now is just as boring as all the new ones.
Events are most exiting for new players, players who grow and outgrow there current buildings and constantly need new ones to fuel ther growth.
For them buildings at the same level as the previous event are just as exiting because a new chapter means they have a natuaral evolving power creep. we are just stuck at the same level so power creep does not exist for us. and therefore every new building is pretty much boring.

edeba

So basically as silk producer i'm screwed with still being flooded by 107k scrolls per 24h] while already having 50 million scrolls on live.
Tx for "changes"
It will balance out. Isn't +1 on silk crystal? I'm silk producer and I'm getting crystal from my libraries now.

Droopy

With this good change i assume the moonstonelibrary is coming back to the spire. So new players could also get more than 1 :)
So we are also able to exchange an existing one with new sets from a higher chapter. \o/

little bee

With this good change i assume the moonstonelibrary is coming back to the spire. So new players could also get more than 1 :)
So we are also able to exchange an existing one with new sets from a higher chapter. \o/
I hope not. Even with bonus+1 the library is too broken to have in unlimited numbers. And as long as the sentient goods arn't fixed it still does a lot of damage to the market.

Last edited:

Avocado

I would suggest a means for the game to count sets in a city and then adjust the production, so that a second or lets say a third set does not produce Fragments and CC's any more. That would be totally fair, since the old players have already harvested the MA prices for their sets all those years and such been richly rewarded for the efforts of obtaining the libs. If the limit is at 2 sets, new players should be able to obtain a second set. The productions of the moonstone sets surpassing 2 can be adjusted to boost +1. And then maybe extra features like the Evo Buildings have, to make a set comparable in worth to a Evo Building (in terms of overall worth per Size), and here using a counter again, so that with each extra set there is a new extra feature (Like producing KP, AW's and so on)). Also one has to think about farms of mana plants, gum plants ans moonstone gates. Maybe if other buildings with the same outstanding productiveness are offered in the spire, or even a continuation of those buildings (boost+1) , but not main lib, that might solve it.