• Dear forum reader,

To actively participate on the forum by joining discussions or starting your own threads or topics, you need a game account and to REGISTER HERE!

Bad Tournment Change

DeletedUser724

After experience 2 weeks in new arrangement of tournament
Inno think it decrease player time
In Fact, it increase my time in playing tournament and decrease reward.

In past tournament
I use "Full auto" on 8 encounters, that is how "Player save time"
I do not see how many time we can save from "Full auto on 4 encounter" than "Full auto on 8 encounters"
It is completely ignore-able

When we meet the scenario of "losing in Full-auto"
we will switch to manual mode to get advantage human brian against AI

manual mode take time, it is eating Player valauable time
each encounter may eating time that player can do "full-auto" on 2 provinces
that is terrible great

The new tournment
change 8 encounter to 4 encounters, basically we gain "nothing in time" when we use "Full-auto"

it seems it save time by reducing amount of 8 encounter to 4 encounters, sound good , but it is actually opposite, we lost more time

It is because reducing 8 encounter to 4 encounters, Inno increase enemy squad-size
then our "amount of full-auto" is greatly reduced
amount of manual fight is increased, each manual killing our valuable time
e.g.
if it take me 5 mins to do "full-auto" on 8 encounter
it will take me 2.5 mins to do "full-auto" on 4 encounter
1 manual fight on a encounter take me 5 to 10 mins,
if that 4 encounter, i need to do "manual fight", then it will take me 20 to 40 mins to get 1 province

Therefore, amount of "manual fight" is a critical element to the time that player spend on tournament

The reason why we need to do "manual fight" or even "negotiation" , is we cannot win with "full-auto"
or we do not have sufficient soldiers

The reason why we cannot win with "full-auto"
a. soldier do not position correctly, need manual mode to guide and then "part auto"
b. using incorrect soldier because landscape
c. no matter how we position our soldier, we cannot win because "enemy size" or 'enemy hit critical"
d. over-sized enemy soldiers

and
we do not have sufficient soldiers, doing manual fight will save some soldier

before the tournament change
when a tournament end, I start to recruit soldier for the next tournament
I usually can go prov 16 in round 1 and
end-up in prov 9 - 12 in round 6

when the change launch
1st week, i end-up in prov 12 in round 1 and
prov 8 in round 6

2nd week, i end up in prov 10 in round 1 and
prov 4 in round 6

both weeks, manual fight is increase sharply
in past, manual fight occur in round 4 to 6, mostly in round 6, several times in round 4 or 5

after tournament change
I need manual fight even in round 1

The amount of soldier fall in "Full-auto" is super hugh, even cost a battle
Losing a battle means Losing whole set of army in battle which take a lot of time to recruit and greatly reduced player'a ability to go next province

Even fighting in "manual", the lost is also hugh

Finally, 90% "full-auto or part auto" and 10% manual fight" become 5% "full -auto or part auto and 95% manual fight"

Even I have time to continue
I need to give up on next province because "insufficient soldier"

Those excess manual fight caused by the "sharp increase enemy squad-size" is actually
increase player time on playing tournament ( opposite to helping player to reduce amount of time in playing tournament )

Dhurrin

Not only losing (much) more time, also losing a LOT more troops. That in itself wouldn't be aproblem if they weren't so bloody expensive in supplies.
The new style tourney is a huge drain on supplies and at the same time the rewards have gone down the drain.
The spells are nice, but too few. And I prefer the relics anyway because then I can choose which spells to make in the MA instead of every tourney getting spells I never use.
The main reason most players in my FS's played tourneys was the additional kp and relics one could earn. Both are significantly less now, but require more time and a much higher investment in supplies, or goods if one negotiates. So tourney participation has been reduced by almost 50% because most players have figured out it just isn't worth it anymore.

DeletedUser118

Well, you could use the spells to get back the supplies. At least that would make them useful again. :)

Sir Squirrel

I used to enjoy doing the tournaments, but now with less rewards, taking more time to fight manually, losing so many troops and goods to cater the fights that I lose, they have lost there charm. I will not be doing tourneys as much anymore as they are too costly, time consuming and have become to feel like work, they are just not fun anymore! Thanks for ruining another part of the game! For me anyway!

DeletedUser1596

Not as nad as you see it. The tournament takes more time than it did before, or at least if you want to keep your rank. But since there is no need to reach 6 stars on every province to stay on top or get cute rewards, you can fight whenever you have spare time. Which is definitely better than before.

Loosing many more units? For sure. But everybody does (at least everybody who researched all squad size upgrades :)). I usually end up in top 20 and my total unit count is not decreasing. Some of my FS friends that are more skilled in fighting do even better. And no, there is nothing like *diamond powered tournament fighting*. If we can do it, anyone can.

Sir Squirrel

At the lower levels, (here on beta I am half way through chapter 4), I am finding that I am coming up against 3 star enemy troops really early in tourneys and most of my troops are 1 star, 2 are 2 star, that with the bigger squad sizes make it impossible to go very far before the battles are impossible and troops take longer to replace with very little room for many armories and there low level. On my live account (I am in wood elves) it isn't as bad there because my troops are 3 stars. So you can say any player in the higher levels can do it, but I don't agree that the lower levels can!!
Edit : this last tourney I couldn't even beat the 1st province for the 4th star, I tried all the encounters twice and got total defeat every time and had to cater it. That is too tough IMO!

Last edited:

Dhurrin

Well, you could use the spells to get back the supplies. At least that would make them useful again. :)

No I cannot. Because the only spells I really use are the PoP and the Meditation.
The meditation spell is never found in chests, nor part of any tourney and not a part of any event since the first one, so that one I don't get.
The PoP is there, but I only get 3 max out of a tournament,which is way fewer than I could make if I just got the relics. Since the number of relics also has dropped in a huge way I can't get as many from the tourney anymore.
On the other hand one needs to use more of the PoP spells to counter the ridiculous amount of supplies needed to replace the lost troops. So all in all, definitely no longer worth the effort.
So I get spells I do not want, nor use and can no longer make the same number of the ones I do want. Basically, yet another part of screwing up the game.