• Dear forum reader,

To actively participate on the forum by joining discussions or starting your own threads or topics, you need a game account and to REGISTER HERE!

New Game Features AW for manufacturer idea

edeba

I think an AW that put an every increasing time sliding bar for the 3 hour production that gave linear production would be awesome.

So, level 1 makes the bar give say an extra 30 minutes. So if you get 1000 goods in 3 hours, you can set that manufacturer for up to 3.5 hours and get 3.5x1000/3 = 1167 goods. Each extra level adds 15 minutes to this flexible timer. The point is increased flexibility to reduce lost maximum production time. I'd even make the flexible timer start with giving the ability to go less than 3 hours as well.

Currently the two fixed times really do give very low flexibility for the range of people's schedules and the 9 hour production gives less than double the 3 hour production, so it is a huge disadvantage for people with busy schedules.

I think there would need to be a master control for the manufacturers because people reset their manufacturers at the same time, but the point of this is production is linear with the 3 hour production regardless of the time chosen.

So, something like this for the levels...

Level - time (hours)
1 - 3.5
2 - 3.75
3 - 4.00
4 - 4.25
5 - 4.5
6 - 5
7 - 5.25
8 - 5.5
9 - 5.75
10 - 6.00
11 - 6.5
12 - 6.75
13 - 7
14 - 7.25
15 - 7.5
16 - 8
17 - 8.25
18 - 8.5
19 - 8.75
20 - 9.00
21 - 9.5
22 - 9.75
23 - 10.00
24- 10.25
25 - 10.5
26 - 11
27 - 11.25
28 - 11.5
29 - 11.75
30 - 12

SoggyShorts

Currently the two fixed times really do give very low flexibility for the range of people's schedules and the 9 hour production gives less than double the 3 hour production, so it is a huge disadvantage for people with busy schedules.
This is a core part of the free to play game model.
Awkard production schedules =more reason to use money to fix schedule.

I like your idea, but I think it's a money loser for inno

edeba

I think that might be true for beginning players, but when you are looking at a late game AW people's spending choices are very well established and in my experience of being with people who spend money on the game, it's the events and chapters that influence spending decisions.

This is a core part of the free to play game model.
Awkard production schedules =more reason to use money to fix schedule.

I like your idea, but I think it's a money loser for inno

Marindor

We have no intention of implementing this suggestion, due to balancing reasons. I will archive this thread now :)