• Dear forum reader,

To actively participate on the forum by joining discussions or starting your own threads or topics, you need a game account and to REGISTER HERE!

Discussion Autumn Zodiac

Marindor

Seems Inno doesn't want chapter 1 accounts to be able to do events anymore. o_O

This isn't new. In chapter 1 (except for multi accounts) you're still new to the game and you have enough new things to get to learn and understand and worry about other than events in these first few days until you finish chapter 1. In this phase of your game we want the focus to be on those things, so events are never catered towards very early players. You can debate on whether you agree with that vision or not, but this is not a new thing.

DeletedUser3314

This isn't new. In chapter 1 (except for multi accounts) you're still new to the game and you have enough new things to get to learn and understand and worry about other than events in these first few days until you finish chapter 1. In this phase of your game we want the focus to be on those things, so events are never catered towards very early players. You can debate on whether you agree with that vision or not, but this is not a new thing.
There have always been alternatives for a chapter 1 (or 2) account. This is the first event where there is not one but two (maybe even more) impossible quests for a chapter 1 account ! :oops: So this IS a new thing. o_O
There are too many quest asking for CC spells in my opinion.

Last edited by a moderator:

Lovec Krys

2017's March of the herds (my first big event) had quests requiring paying goods. T1, T2 and T3. That was also impossible with chapter 1 city (I have stopped on T3 quests since I my live city was a chapter 3 city back then with freshly researched T3 manufactories).
The ability to finish event quests with chapter 1 city has come later (not in every event).

Alcaro

Just WOW! This was the most brutal answer we ever had from you, Marindor!
Even being right, it just sounded as "Get lost! You are too tiny to participate in an event."
IMHO, such situations shouldn't exist. Period. Either you state clearly that Events are playable only starting with ch.2, either you make them playable for everyone, no matter of the chapter.

DeletedUser2236

It was my understanding that you couldn't do events in chapter 1 as you had to finish the tutorial before events appeared.

PrimroseSylvia

Appearing events and being able to do them is a totally different thing, and about earlier chapters being able to, it has been discussed several times. And yes, they are too small so they better focus on their own growth.

Alcaro

I can't recall seeing anywhere when actually a player can play an event. But I can remember, for example that one can't play the Spire unless he/she reached ch.3. The same must be made clear "kid, complete first chapter and once you enter ch.2 you can participate in the event", but nowhere is stated anything like that.

Enevhar Aldarion

Early chapter cities can complete events. I started my Beta city on the 4th or 5th day of the Air Traders event and I completed all the quests without using any diamonds or money. Yes, I knew how to quickly move through the game and to get the MA as soon as possible, which a player brand new to the game would not. But as @Marindor said, a new player should be focusing on learning the game and not worry about events. Maybe it is just time for the game to have a chapter 2 requirement to unlock access to events.

Enevhar Aldarion

I don't know how it is going for other players, but so far, I have gotten the bear artifact conversion recipe to show up four times, but I was not able to use all of them. Some members of my fellowship have only seen it once or not at all.

DeletedUser3314

No, you're wrong. I started playing Beta just a few days before King Snow and the Snow Flurry, and I get stucked when I get the quest asking for 32 relics with no alternative....
You can get 32 relics with a chapter 1 account, it would only require 4 normal provinces to fight/cater. It might take a few days but it is doable as opposed to making CC without a MA which you only get at the end of chapter 1 and that could take more then a week to unlock.

Lelanya

Whoa folks! Be careful what you request, you may get it!
The events give small players access to resources they would not otherwise acquire, and are gold for this: the coin rain, supply refill, the Inspiring Meditation spell, just for starters.

PrimroseSylvia

You can get 32 relics with a chapter 1 account, it would only require 4 normal provinces to fight/cater. It might take a few days but it is doable as opposed to making CC without a MA which you only get at the end of chapter 1 and that could take more then a week to unlock.
Just to let you know: it was quest no. 71. And before this quest, event asked to complete 8 encounters (and in 2016 it meaned only province encounters, because tournament wasn't credited), to get 24 relics, to complete 12 encounters and some quests later other 16 encounters. Without considering producing, buying and upgrading quests with all the space & resources that a chapt. I have, or better, don't have - no coins and supplies refill, without mentioning time boosters.
And after that, there was a quest asking for other 40 relics, then another for T3 goods as @Lovec Krys already says for other event, and then 50 relics once again. About spells, it was requested to produce 1 PoP on quest no. 14, but if you were lucky enough you could get it from NH. Quest no. 34 asked for 2 PoP, and the same for quest no. 54; quest no. 64 asked for 3 PoP just like quest no. 84. Oh, sorry, you're right, absolutely doable. sarcasm mode: ON
I really don't understand people who feel the need to complain claiming - and continuing to insist - in something that was definitely not true.

Last edited:

Dony

King of Bugs
Werent we supposed to get better version of KP instant? Because we got exactly the same 10 AW KP like in last event as daily exclusive...
Or which KP instants were upgraded to better version?

FieryArien

Werent we supposed to get better version of KP instant? Because we got exactly the same 10 AW KP like in last event as daily exclusive...
Or which KP instants were upgraded to better version?
I don’t want to sound like captain obvious, but ok: apparently this 10 AW KP is the better version of what was originally planned for today ...

guivou

the previous event was doable with a city in chapter one (on beta i created my city several days after the beginning of event and succeed doing all quest) , this one seems much more difficult for very small cities. Event are less and less interesting for advances players (lesser prizes) but very useful for beginners all buildings are useful for them because they have nothing to replace.

dev should thinks to have solutions for new players or avoid several quest related to magic accademy (collect enchanted item) too near

iDavis

Well devs should also think about how to finally make events more attractive for advanced players. I assume that advanced, or close to end tech, players are smaller part of community, but feeling like nothing catches my attention several events in a row starts to be a bit frustrating..

My plan is that in my live city I will probably be focusing on collecting unit instants combined with accent on main prizes, to exchange them for old artifacts and so have enough to evolve my 3 pandas from last year (and will maybe build them one day, as receiving production spells is more valuable as the chapter 16 ruined all my reserves).

So the bottom line is I would like to get more challenging events back - challenging in a way that they are difficult to finish with casual-only gameplay (and these players are welcome to receiving these casual rewards), but also containing something more effort requiring, what would grant more interesting rewards also for ones, who want to go "deeper". Just like with spire and tourneys - current setup is like if spire ended after 1. map and tourney was limited by 10 provinces in each round..

Dony

King of Bugs
I don’t want to sound like captain obvious, but ok: apparently this 10 AW KP is the better version of what was originally planned for today ...
then they should mention that it was based on players feedback, nobody knew that was coming (well we all expected it maybe)
or maybe it is a bug and it was supposed to be 15 or 20 AW KP

DeletedUser2236

Appearing events and being able to do them is a totally different thing, and about earlier chapters being able to, it has been discussed several times. And yes, they are too small so they better focus on their own growth.
Firstly maybe tutorial is only on live worlds, as they presume you know how to play if you come to beta.
And if the tutorial does last the entire first chapter maybe they forget to scale quests for chapter 1 cities as its only on beta that such cities can play events.