• Dear forum reader,

To actively participate on the forum by joining discussions or starting your own threads or topics, you need a game account and to REGISTER HERE!

Discussion Autumn Zodiac

Lelanya

I am going to say, that it's hard to please all the players all of the time. Someone is always complaining about something, and rarely ever focus on the positives.

Case in point: The anniversary series had as one reward a culture with cute frolicking unicorns. How many players jumped on the Forums and stated that they thought the culture was terrible? I have a couple of cities where that is one of my better culture items! So it wasn't the best item ever offered as a reward. But it was a good item for the average player. I am going to take this one step further. What percentage of Elvenar players are in a FS with 25 active players, earning regular blueprints? Because it seems to me that someone who can always upgrade a really good culture to current level, and forget what it is like to simply enjoy a new event and another opportunity to earn something current, is most likely to make this sort of comment.

If there was a Bear event, but no chance to craft the base, there would be lots of unhappy players. But we do have the base to craft again. We do have the opportunity to transform some of the new Artifacts to the older style. It also seems that the best awards occur in the more difficult events. However, all events need to be accessible to all players. A chapter 1 city may not be able to finish a long questline, that is true. But along the way, that city will gain a great many necessary resources: spells that they cannot yet make, relics, instants, and so forth.

I appreciate an event where the 'city litter' (we're stuck with that after Woodelvenstock) is visible. Where we do not end up with a ton of KPs direct to the bar (which is occasionally useful but tiresome over the long haul) AND what I am really trying to say is, why do KP instants only go towards Wonders? The parent game Forge of Empires allows Forge Point packs to be used anywhere, so why not here? And while I am speaking of visibility... The new troop instants are horrible to read, they are too small and cause eye strain on desktop format.
hmmm I think you always had to choose.....
Sometimes yes, sometimes no

Last edited:

DeletedUser1953

Hi there! Double checked this for you and the recipe will remain availble until sept 24th on Beta (2 weeks after the event ends).
Thus no fellowship adventure to win artefacts ?

Another question : why punish new player that can not have a brown bear with a good level with this event ?

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser1953

I think there is a FA, without it, it is impossible to up the building to 10 (the 2020 version), even if you choose the best chest strategy for grand prize, you can only up to 9 (2020 version) (with average random).

Empress Dee

I can honestly say that this is the worst event since I started playing. I have a new city on Beta (it was lvl2 when Golem event started), and I managed to get all 10 levels done during gameplay (without the FA event being needed). This is the normal amount of effort given that I usually struggle with the timer on these events.

THIS event is a joke. After a week, I still only have 3 artifacts, and that includes the one I got at task 22. The moonbear isn't even a good item for someone as small as I currently am, I can't see it of being any use in the live world.
Being able to upgrade my brown-bear in live-world is good, but after I get the artifacts needed to do so I'm not going to continue with the event as its just not worth it currently.

Deleted User - 84934

NEver understood why you could get multiple bases in an event. yeah it pushes some people to buy a lot to get those (see the number of coldfire phoenix on the "new" french server"). But by doing that you make the balance impossible for a long time afterwards.
As a new player (less than a year) it kinda sucks to know you'll always be at a disadvantage compared to older player, as long as inno doesn't release even more broken buildings, or fix those (and fixing those will bring an uproar of the old players).

Also, if Inno gives the possibility to excahnge artefact, why not give 2 for free like last phoenix event? Taht was great. I had to work my ass off to get my fire phoenix to 10. Was fun, and seemed meaningfull. Getting a brown bear to 5 will be frustrating. Only thing that would be more frustrating would be to not have the possibility. But by not that much.

Inno made a big mess of things last year with the multiple phoenix, and worse, brown bear. The new tournament isn't a way to solve the issue. But something has to be done. coz now all balancing is taking this into account and screw those who don't have it.
I agree that as a new player I should be behind. I don't agree that I shouldn't be able to catch up...

Avenahar

I don't miss the long-time productions in quests lasting 1 or 2 days but I face 2 weeks of event and am at the point, that I will have only one further quest per day. With a little luck I will have the chance for a daily price in 1 week - if I want to have it. But now I will have to spare my keys in order to have a bigger chance to get it. In the meanwhile, well, I simply solve one quest per day. It's not exciting at all. :(

Deleted User - 84934

Does somebody have the value of the new bear for each chapters? Thought the link was posted somewhere but can't find it..

Also @Marindor is it gonna be a new normal that there will be no currency in the academy chest? Seems to me that this one would have been a good event to put it in, to have a chance to have more of last year artefact if you go all out on academy...

galrond

NEver understood why you could get multiple bases in an event. yeah it pushes some people to buy a lot to get those (see the number of coldfire phoenix on the "new" french server"). But by doing that you make the balance impossible for a long time afterwards.
As a new player (less than a year) it kinda sucks to know you'll always be at a disadvantage compared to older player, as long as inno doesn't release even more broken buildings, or fix those (and fixing those will bring an uproar of the old players).

Also, if Inno gives the possibility to excahnge artefact, why not give 2 for free like last phoenix event? Taht was great. I had to work my ass off to get my fire phoenix to 10. Was fun, and seemed meaningfull. Getting a brown bear to 5 will be frustrating. Only thing that would be more frustrating would be to not have the possibility. But by not that much.

Inno made a big mess of things last year with the multiple phoenix, and worse, brown bear. The new tournament isn't a way to solve the issue. But something has to be done. coz now all balancing is taking this into account and screw those who don't have it.
I agree that as a new player I should be behind. I don't agree that I shouldn't be able to catch up...
Well if the feeding effect didn´t stack, it would solve the issue of some being TOO powerfull ;)
But I don´t see that happening :p

iDavis

My problem with moon bear (and also several previous evo buildings) is that it offers too much various resources, but I actually never need more than one of them (last time with golem it was mage units, this time it´s T5). I have hundreds of % of coins and supplies lying in my inventory, have built my city efficient enough for providing enough culture and population, therefore those attributes are simply useless for me. Hence, if T5 is the only production having my attention, in such a tiny amount it has absolutely zero chance to motivate me to put that building into my city.
I hope we will see some improvements in this aspect in the future, otherwise it pretty much degrades the value of whole event (and the next one holds so much potential already it´s not even here, all I hope is that it will be even more raised by something - after a long time - something valuable to fight for).

Dony

King of Bugs
I dont like quests in this event at all, mainly too much relics/provinces to fight (and getting enchantments in some degree aswell).
Main reason is changes to tournament, where i am forced to do 2 tournaments in 2 days with 1 set of expiring combat buildings to last both of them (and because expiring combat building issue wherent adressed at all). But this quests are so often that its not even funny to do them outside of tournaments.

Karvest

I just use some of starting provinces for that quests, they are easy enough to be done without any boost (don't even feed phoenix for them)

ZodiBeta

I've been playing over 2 years in live and am in Chap 15 there and imo the evolving Moon Bear won't be worth the time and effort to get added to my city. I think Autumn Zodiac 2020 is way more difficult than it needs to be, at least for smaller cites; in chap 3, Beta world. All the double tasks with catalysts (2 take 39 hrs) punish players making it very difficult to get thru the entire event in a reasonable time, even if they include an evolve token in the next FA only the "eldest" players will be able to evolve to level 10, discouraging the "younger" players. The timing was also rather short, just a week to recover from the previous FA, not enough time to make much progress thru chapter tech and make upgrades to buildings. This just adds to my belief that the devs blatantly want to slow players down hoping that they buy diamonds to make progress, etc. This discourages free-to-play gamers, players on fixed budgets, or players out of work during a pandemic.

Suggestions: add back significant time boosters (5 hrs+) as event rewards, reduce the number of catalysts/enchantments required (or give an alternative), reduce the number of double quests, and please ensure that required quests are actually able to be completed by players in the first 3 chapters. Nothing kills interest in playing an event like being stuck on a task for 2 days or having an impossible task to complete early on (I hope this will be rectified for the live worlds). Increase the Population, Culture, and productions of event buildings to the scale of the current chapter tech needs; all of those have been severely reduced since I first started playing.

I used to think the game was enjoyable, had fun watching my progress thru the chapters, pursued the events with glee, and had fun with the FA's. I have been in chapter 15 for over 2 months and, being tech locked for most of that time due to the insane amount of productions required, this and the changes in the events are killing my interest in the game.

Note to the devs: slowing players down by making progress difficult does not = players wanting to buy anything.

DeepTerminal

Does anyone know if Magical Nutcracker has an early collect? The production cycle is 9 hours. If there's no early collect, then it's impossible to get its full value unless one wakes up at the middle of the night. On paper it has the same mana yield as mana sawmill and human ship, but if it has no early collect then it's worse..

DeletedUser3314

Another impossible quest (#41) for a chapter 1 account :
1598685738055.png

Right after the other one (#37) and still no alternative ! :mad:

Seems Inno doesn't want chapter 1 accounts to be able to do events anymore. o_O

DeletedUser3332

Does anyone know if Magical Nutcracker has an early collect? The production cycle is 9 hours. If there's no early collect, then it's impossible to get its full value unless one wakes up at the middle of the night. On paper it has the same mana yield as mana sawmill and human ship, but if it has no early collect then it's worse..
It has an early collect after 3 hours.