• Dear forum reader,

To actively participate on the forum by joining discussions or starting your own threads or topics, you need a game account and to REGISTER HERE!

Discussion Autumn Zodiac

Pauly7

I liked the event.
Zodiac 2019 was a bit of a FUBAR really. At that point they were persisting with the insane notion of endless quests. This was a broken idea from the get-go, as they allowed people unlimited prizes, which has ended up being one of the contributing factors towards this tournament nerf.

I'm not sure if it can be wholly described as a bad event because the prizes were incredible and practically limitless. I hit upon a system that allowed me to win enough 4 x 8hr time boosters (yeah that was a regular chest award back then) to keep boosting through province scouts and buying toolboxes so I never had to slow down on quest completion. When I realised I was in that perpetual loop I filled up 2 brown bears and a Panda. At that point I stopped because I was bored.

It was poor in terms of how much it broke the game balance, plus all it led to were many people angrily complaining about how hard the quests were (even though they could've stopped). From the beginning I didn't like perpetual quests because it led to some people getting way too powerful.

As I say, though - great prizes. We won Brown Bears. If they would, for once, give us prizes worth winning again, then I may consider completing any quest they asked, including "pull your own teeth."

Skillpowers

one task that doesn't fit good on beta server now is "solve 10 encounters or 10 tournament encounters" with the beta version the tournament encounters are different now then live versions.

Enevhar Aldarion

one task that doesn't fit good on beta server now is "solve 10 encounters or 10 tournament encounters" with the beta version the tournament encounters are different now then live versions.

Before the change to the tournament, though, that would have been "solve 10 encounters or 40 tournament encounters".

DeepTerminal

I hope they keep the conversion recipes available for a longer period of time after the event ends. Some players like me might decide to save all event currency till the last few days (depending on the daily prize), which means we will only have the new artifacts at the very end of the event.

If the conversion recipes are removed the moment the event is over, then we won't have any chance to convert them.

TomatoeHu

I prefer hard but rewarding event to current easy but worthless one...

Agreed :) but, there hasn't been a worthwhile event for end of game players since the last venars 3 release? these last two events have at least been worth the squad instants. without actively participating, we can roll on the last day and have something to show for whatever effort you decided to apply to the event ( hopefully no boosters were wasted in the attempt to pass time ).

I absolutely judge an event by its quests. Every time. 100% full judgement, that is why we are testing them. The buildings never appeal to everyone. Never will. Never been possible. Not likely to be changed from the current Supplies/goods/mana/seeds but at least we got sentient added in. We have never been asked to design a building before its release, just to comment on them after the fact. it is worth being empathetic to those who need event quests adjusted to include more players, not exclude more players. we need more opinions of what needs changing to help all chapters - instead of saying it is hard and giving up, we need more Quest Types mentioned and what the solution would be for each circumstance.

For new players, every new event is something fun and better than the last because they don't have a venars 3 or a winter star to compare it too. the buildings must have more balance and there should never be another phoenix or bear, especially if we can never level them ( without more availability of artifacts what is the point! ).

Events should be easy, they are a time passer, they boost your inventory, they add something to your game play. They should be Fun, nothing difficult is fun. Difficult = frustrating. Range in difficulty is apparently not easy for Inno, we get generally get one or the other. Inno wants a diverse event calendar meaning that two events will have each their own structures and dynamics like gingerbread gambling vs chest rolls.
This is Not an RPG game with party scaling and there is no selection on city creation to play on Easy, Hard, Veteran settings, although there probably should be so that players who think the game is too easy can adjust before starting a second city. This is a city builder game!
My city should be equally as challenged as the next city but not impossible for any future player to copy.

Everyone should be able to play events from start to finish. Event buildings are optional and not even giving player score in your city. Events will always be easiest for more advanced players( not by chapter but by knowledge of how elvenar actually works ) so i don't think its fair for advanced players to say how easy something is unless it is equally as easy for absolutely everyone playing. And we are hearing, that is not the case in this event, there are many struggling, and so, this is not as easy an event as last event but certainly an improvement to zodiac 2019. The changes to this event type ( Fall / Chest rolls/ increased difficulty/amounts on progression points ) should not be compared to the gingerbread gambling or to the last event, it will most likely evolve into zodiac 2021 and the best of our feedback hopefully applied there, not necessarily to the next event we have in this calendar year.

The main event evolving buildings are an entirely different problem, their range of functions are only good for a select few players in select few chapters. They are all pretty worthless, barely worth sticking any evolutions in them and definitely not worth their space on a 48hr collect, or worth completing an FA for two more artifacts. An evolving building you need in low chapters will probably not be aging well to help you when you are in a higher chapter (hit orcs and all of a sudden you know its gotta go for mana) unless you buy expansions and make everything fit all the time.. Players end up keeping them, maybe to complete event quests, but really, there are much better weaker buildings to collect from daily than anything on a 48 hr collect.

Artifacts must be more available before i would consider placing any of these evolving buildings and they should also be 100% teleport-able if we cant get more artifacts more than once a year.

Enevhar Aldarion

I hope they keep the conversion recipes available for a longer period of time after the event ends. Some players like me might decide to save all event currency till the last few days (depending on the daily prize), which means we will only have the new artifacts at the very end of the event.

If the conversion recipes are removed the moment the event is over, then we won't have any chance to convert them.

There was a lot of complaining about how that was done on Beta for the Phoenix event. That got Inno to extend the recipes on Live servers til after the following FA ended. I would hope they would not reverse that for this event.

@Marindor Can you tell us anything on this?

TomatoeHu

totally with you on this one. I totally loved last years event, and hate it this year. Last year I was on almost all the time to get these quest on, this year I log in 1 time a day and do some quests while I'm on, if they are convenient. there's nothing exciting about this event that makes me want to log in more to get more stuff done.

Sounds like every event in the past year. we cant change anything if we just say its boring. How is it boring? the moon bear is as bad as, maybe worse than, cold phoenix or stonehenge or golem depending on what kind of player you are ( you will note i have none of these in my city but have all the evolutions ) but, the dailies are all the same rinse and repeat as the past years, with different colors, sizes, names., and we haven't even seen them all yet for this event. The main building? I do not think you will see another phoenix / brown bear ever, this is the new standard of buildings, so that the game is more balanced.

...i managed to get 9 bears on beta, 9 bears on live main account, and 10 evolutions on a brand new server with a new account. Without spending a dime. Im very happy with the changes and i see the point in why they did them...

2019 was better for you, you won 9 on your accounts whereas same 2019 event was terrible for others who did not get 1 bear to level 10.
How did you get 9 bears? 2019 was not equal for all players, and if everyone did get 9 bears, the game would be too easy, how boring would that be. then the quests would be scaled harder and new players could never play equally until they also got 9 bears which is never possible, they have yet to release the same evolutions, only conversion recipes. it would take a decade? would you play for 10 years with hard quests and no hope for the original bears?

New players don't even have 1 "good" bear yet. they also, have to hope for the recipe to craft one, get somewhere in this quest line to convert the artifacts and definitely will need one more year and another conversion recipe to get 1 bear to level 10. that is not boring for them, that is a mission!

there is probably no chance at 9 bears. no desire to have 9 of these moon things in your city either. Maybe that is disappointing we cant win multiples of a really cool building, but how do new players to elvenar step into that expectation? and wait a year for a conversion recipe but never the actual event ever ever again. they get only conversion recipes once a year forever. How many time instants were used to get the 9 bears, new players don't have stocked up instants. 2020 quests so far I have not had to use many, personal preferences of mine where i would have used them to finish a craft anyways or train troops is never a waste in my opinion. nothing drastic to get to quest 60 with two sign-ins a day.

Lets make this event more enjoyable, how can we make this less boring for new players? This is important ♥
what chapter are you in? How can the quests be changed to make it better for your situation? this feedback will be important as other players may have the same issues. the progression in difficulty of the 2020 quests were balanced for me as a chapter 15 player but i have heard it is much more difficult and unbalanced for small cities. There is room for improvements, we need informative feedback given to change them.

TomatoeHu

Collect 2 Enchantments: these quests are deadly for players just starting the game. they may not have the ability to upgrade their magic academy to 2 yet, the space to place the magic academy sometimes players are delayed in placing it in the first weeks of unlocking it. they may not have the goods to clear provinces for relics to start the enchantments. spells take 13 - 26 hrs a piece and there are 18 enchantments to make including combining catalyst, and the tournament provinces available to them with spells are very limited, spaced by 16 hours to gather more. These should have an OR appear for low chapter cities or can Inno make anyone chapter specific like 1 thru 3 see the requirement lowered for only 1, leaving the 2 enchantments up for higher chapters but reduce the requirement for lower chapters? Inno is asking 9 days of complete perfect spell starting and collection timing for new players .

Also, reduce low chapters requirements to complete the Produce Supplies, Coins and Collect basic/crafted or basic /crafted/magical. These are all very high requirements based on the low level of output their buildings are capable, low quantity of buildings they can squeeze in, with minimal production boost ( less than 700%) and no mermaid type buildings etc giving bonus goods). They have base population, meaning not many bonus event buildings to rush upgrades. These requirements have always been a day or two to complete one quest. It would be nice to see low chapters given the ability to get a level 10 evolution in their city, enticing them to level up their MA for the next event or even craft some food for its effects. but definitely need some considerations for chapter 1-5 players get the worst level of difficulty during events. We want to retain these new players :)

CrazyWizard

I hope they get rid of it asap, I do not like it it uses the pet food slot at all.

Lovec Krys

I hope they get rid of it asap, I do not like it it uses the pet food slot at all.
No problem for me (my live city has even more):
1598421474021.png

The conversion recipe should stay long enough for conversion to the old artefacts.
You shouldn't have problem with pet food too, even if it stays a few weeks more in the MA.

DeletedUser3314

How is a chapter 1 account supposed to pass this quest ? o_O

1598427140620.png

Magic Academy isn't unlocked till the end of chapter 1 and usually a new players doesn't have room to place such a huge building.
Spire isn't unlocked till chapter 3.

Please provide an alternative (for the Catalysts part) for new players.

DeletedUser1953

Be carefull with the quest :
1598427823951.png

In the past, we can do 4 spire + 1 map encounter, but now you need to choose !

Edit: and it is not coherent :
1598428687660.png

=> with this quest you can do 4 map encounter +4 tournament encounter to validate !

Last edited by a moderator:

FieryArien

Be carefull with the quest :
View attachment 7820
In the past, we can do 4 spire + 1 map encounter, but now you need to choose !

Edit: and it is not coherent :
View attachment 7821
=> with this quest you can do 4 map encounter +4 tournament encounter to validate !

Hmm, I think I saw them using two different styles in some quests:
1) “do A or B” — this one couldn’t be mixed
2) “do A and/or B” — this one could be mixed

That’s much better system than to leave us guessing. The reported quests should definitely be rephrased.

hmmm I think you always had to choose.....
You sure? I did that “Spire” quest yesterday or the day before and I also tried to mix it, just like cestbienmoi. For some reason I thought I did just that in the past. :-(

DeletedUser1953

Sure there is a phrase problem but why hardening the quest, > 4 spire encounters (only) is somewhat boring and in the past, it was an "and/or" (in Sorceres' PILGRIMAGE event).

Jaxom

Personally, this event comes at a great time for me. I have found no reason to spend time on it so I look forward to some late summer / early autumn camping. I would have hated to miss out on some good prizes. But now I can go offline without regrets.

edeba

I think it was a good idea, but was what wrong was that it was too easy to pick up endless points. It needed to have a peak where you'd get say 7-8 artifacts, and then a declining return so that if you are really unlucky, you push to get the artifacts, but you also actually decide they might not be worth the effort. I did not really play it hard on beta and I managed to get all 3 bears, 2 to level 9 and 1 to level 10. On live I tried harder and I have 2 brown bears, but also one each of the other 2, but one is only level 4, so I am looking forward to leveling that one further.

This bear is cute enough that if I could figure out how to finish leveling my other one and having this one, I would, but I want the other one leveled over this one.

Zodiac 2019 was a bit of a FUBAR really. At that point they were persisting with the insane notion of endless quests. This was a broken idea from the get-go, as they allowed people unlimited prizes, which has ended up being one of the contributing factors towards this tournament nerf.

I'm not sure if it can be wholly described as a bad event because the prizes were incredible and practically limitless. I hit upon a system that allowed me to win enough 4 x 8hr time boosters (yeah that was a regular chest award back then) to keep boosting through province scouts and buying toolboxes so I never had to slow down on quest completion. When I realised I was in that perpetual loop I filled up 2 brown bears and a Panda. At that point I stopped because I was bored.

It was poor in terms of how much it broke the game balance, plus all it led to were many people angrily complaining about how hard the quests were (even though they could've stopped). From the beginning I didn't like perpetual quests because it led to some people getting way too powerful.

As I say, though - great prizes. We won Brown Bears. If they would, for once, give us prizes worth winning again, then I may consider completing any quest they asked, including "pull your own teeth."

Marindor

There was a lot of complaining about how that was done on Beta for the Phoenix event. That got Inno to extend the recipes on Live servers til after the following FA ended. I would hope they would not reverse that for this event.

@Marindor Can you tell us anything on this?

Hi there! Double checked this for you and the recipe will remain availble until sept 24th on Beta (2 weeks after the event ends).