• Dear forum reader,

To actively participate on the forum by joining discussions or starting your own threads or topics, you need a game account and to REGISTER HERE!

Discussion Autumn Zodiac

Deleted User - 81190

As far as I can tell it's old school random. I haven't got to the end of the first cycle, but I suspect any excess will just wrap around. It looks very similar to the previous one with the stars.
Yay for that! ;)

Pauly7

I wonder what the end game is here... or the aim for the future. So as we all know Inno have purposefully drastically reduced the worth of any prizes they give out, but does that actually benefit either them or the game or the players? If 'game balance' is affected by people being able to gain huge amounts of goods from old school building sets, does that lead to players leaving? Player satisfaction reducing? Diamond sales reducing?

Right now events are just depressing for many people. Possibly the majority of people. Like sheep we continue to play as directed, but not only is every event exactly the same, but they all last nearly a whole month, run nearly continuously and don't reward people for playing them.

On the one hand it seems that the developers just can't be bothered with trying anything new. Being innovative. If that's the case then why keep pushing the events out at all? Now that they run continuously, the notion of picking up items from the same spots around the city outskirts has become tantamount to Dante's 7th Circle of Hell in how ridiculously annoying and boring it is.

If you wish to give out rather pointless prizes, there are several different things you could try:

1) A 'prize' like the new bear could be given away at the end of a 5 day crafting challenge, automatically at the equivalent of level 10. People would not mind it then. They could build it or not, but wouldn't have had to go through the same rigmarole. Failing that, it should be no more than a simple 6 or 7 day short questline.

2) Really up the ante when it comes to the graphical design of prize buildings. I know I don't speak for everyone on this point, but I used to be excited just to win a prize because I liked how it looked. Now I have to think back to Frankenspleen since there was a building I really loved the look of and had to have it in my city for that reason. As an FYI, I look longingly at two premium culture buildings from chapter 15 and 16. They are Dolphin Fountain and Fountain of Peace. If those two were event prizes, I would bust a gut to get hold of them... no matter what their stats were. (FYI, they are not worth 6,000 diamonds to buy though).

3) Bite the bullet and offer prizes that are worth winning again. Something that gives out tons of culture/pop, a la Venar's Rocks III, or tons of goods, a la Jester's Tavern... and to heck with game balance. People will get very into the event and people will start throwing money at it too.

4) (And this is the most realistic)... Just come up with a new idea. No more evolving buildings. No more collecting keys from outside the city. No more opening three chests. Come up with a new event mechanic, or alternatively just roll it back to the 2017 seasonal event mechanics.

Deleted User - 86438

With how useful the brown bear is for doing spire and tournament in a week comfortably, I'm hoping this event (and subsequent FA possibly) allow newer players to get "up to par" on troop generation somewhat. I feel like it's going to cost real money to actually get enough relics to build a brown bear up, though.

From the looks of things, an evolution 7ish brown bear would still be more useful than a fully evolved new bear.

DeletedUser1953

And again another nerf (after 30%-80% at each new event), for people who has already brown bear ... ?
The avereage cost best daily chest 330 -> 384 (14% less daily reward)
The avereage cost best Artefact 19.35 -> 25 (30% less)
Quest 89 -> 75 (> 16% less) (if it is the same progression for event currency reward)

I think they rise the random part, when i see the numbers, i think there is more variation with the same quantity of event currency, but we need to quantitfy but for useless event, i already lost too many time ...

Last edited by a moderator:

Deleted User - 86438

the notion of picking up items from the same spots around the city outskirts has become tantamount to Dante's 7th Circle of Hell in how ridiculously annoying and boring it is

Agreed here. It would be interesting if, for example, during the Sorcerer Pilgrimage event, the Wise Golem building produced the scroll items needed for the event daily, thereby rewarding players for getting the building and placing it (as well as collecting when it was available immediately). If that number scaled up slightly with evolution, you would even create some decision-making game play on whether to spend points immediately in order to get more "spins" or hold them for better daily rewards.

Quercus

Really? The building itself? Do you perhaps have a screenshot of that? I'd have to see it to believe it haha! xD
Панда.jpg

Dony

King of Bugs
In 24 hours we pick up 2640 t6? I get 4960 from my maxed level 27 gems building every 3 hours.
This building produce T5 not T6

but ye, i would like if production of sentient goods got rised for the cost of other resources

Pauly7

Agreed here. It would be interesting if, for example, during the Sorcerer Pilgrimage event, the Wise Golem building produced the scroll items needed for the event daily, thereby rewarding players for getting the building and placing it (as well as collecting when it was available immediately). If that number scaled up slightly with evolution, you would even create some decision-making game play on whether to spend points immediately in order to get more "spins" or hold them for better daily rewards.
Yeah, I like it... Anything for something new.

Maillie

This building produce T5 not T6
You're correct, my mistake. But the facts are still that the amounts needed to progress are ridiculously out of balance with the event prize. I need 145,000 Ink and 145,000 Royal Velvet (both tier 5) to upgrade the Main Hall to level 36, then I need 135,000 Ink and 135,000 Royal Velvet to upgrade it again to level 37. How does an event building that provides 2,640 tier 5 in 24 hours even qualify as an event building when we make multiples of that amount every 3 hours in our non-event buildings?

It should be more in line with 12,640 every 24 hours, and that still would not be a lot to collect once a day when we can collect a lot more than that from one of our own buildings.

Empress Dee

The point cost per item is horrible on this event. (60 keys for 1 star and 120 keys for 4 stars).
The only reason that I'm going to participate is the interim "prizes".
This building does not seem worth the bother.

Not sure what I'll do for beta, but when it goes to real-world, won't bother with Moon-bear and instead use artifacts to finish evolving my brown bear. (currently lvl7)

Last edited:

Skillpowers

hmm did they fix the "scout" task? where you now have to just start "scouting" instead of complete the scouting of a province

Deleted User - 81190

I have updated event chest strategy calculators for the latest Autumn Zodiac event (September 2020). The chest setup again is quite different this time around, a lot of reshuffling happened there. It seems that the beacon mechanics of the last event (small/medium/large, no overflow over 20) is replaced with the usual random chest mechanics that has been with us for quite a while.

Given the same amount of event currency as in the previous event (~6K), and using the best chest strategies for each, you can expect to get:

- significantly fewer grand prizes (12 vs 15)
- fewer daily prizes (15 vs 18)
- more KPs+AWKPs (610 vs 535)

We don't know what the totals of event currency will be for this event, so if that would be significantly different from the previous event then the numbers would obviously look different. Or it could be our regularly scheduled GP/DP nerf.

Just for kicks, I went back and compared with 2019 Zodiac event on the same 6K currency (2020 vs 2019):
- GP: 12 vs 14
- DP: 15 vs 20+
- KP+AWKP: 610 vs 660

Yep, those were the days ;) Obviously, you could also do quite a bit better than 6K in the 2019 event...

Last edited by a moderator: