• Dear forum reader,

To actively participate on the forum by joining discussions or starting your own threads or topics, you need a game account and to REGISTER HERE!

Discussion Autumn Zodiac

Deleted User - 56274

@Turbina Yup, and even easier would be that they only allow the 27 artifacts to level up the three bears, then no further artifacts or bears after that, only a continuing rotation of bears.
They really should not want the long quests such as scouting or the day long quests as it means the players are not necessarily as involved. Others such as Gain relics & the encounter quests are also far too frequent and have impact beyond the event. I did my suggestion for the valuation of quests to reflect their relative difficulty which would mean that even at week three a give NH quest would only award 10 event currency vs. 80 :)

aliceFalling

@Maillie maybe my previous post wasn't clear enough on that point: It's not about "cheating". There's nothing wrong with that strategy, the only point is that in the new event quest setup, it would result in too much event currency being too easily obtainable and therefore disrupting the balance, so for the events we had to find a solution for that :)
@Marindor, what balance? there really is no balance whatever you do...we all play differently. why try to change that? just cap the prizes instead of fixing something that worked.

let's not try to make us play the same way...we can't and don't even want to.

Dony

King of Bugs
Ensuring that the event is playable for people in the earliest Chapters of the game is also the reason why event quests never require Tier 2 or Tier 3 Goods productions, Sentient Goods or any other options that are only unlocked significantly later in the game.
While you are trying to balance early chapter at the same time you are unbalancing last chapters with increased demands for sentient goods, for that reason i belive best way would be to include in this 3 type of quests (3 hours T1, 9 hours T1, x amount of produced T1) T4 as a combination of T1+T4 for all 3 quests, personally i dont want to have more T1 in my city, i have plenty of those, but now i do need T4 (which is T1 afterall) and i would rather build that.
From balancing perspective early chapters dont have 700%
Mid chapters dont need T4 yet and have many T1
End chapters switching from T1 to T4

Another thing which is perfectly balanced T1 and T4 have same size, and same production per tile, so combining it is not issue at all, max basic bonus is 700% for both

And on the end you can do balancing per chapter aswell if that is not enough.

Karvest

For upcoming events, we aim to bring back more variety, by limiting how often quests can appear in direct succession. This should prevent cases where you ended up receiving the same quest task back-to-back.
Hope that won't be as simple as "don't give that quest if it's just completed", or it will end up in switching from
scout->scout->scout->relics->relics->relics to scout->relics->scout->relics->scout->relics pattern...

Lovec Krys

For preventing quests repetition, the easest and working way is implementing the half-random quest sequence - like 10 quests in a row, each has 5 sub variants. That gives enough randomless, while it guarantees that players will have at least 10 different quests in a row (depending how you do the variants).

Heymrdiedier

Marindor said:
Accessibility for all players
We have to consider that our events are available to players of all Chapters, including the very newest players, who cannot yet craft Recipes, gain Vision Vapor or Enchantments from the Magic Academy, or complete Encounters in the Spire of Eternity. Therefore, we will need to offer alternatives for these quests, which we can do with Scouting- or Research-related tasks more easily for early Chapter players. For further-advanced players, the tasks to play some Encounters in the Spire or to craft Recipes should generally cause no issues to complete, and will remain the intended option for them to choose. Ensuring that the event is playable for people in the earliest Chapters of the game is also the reason why event quests never require Tier 2 or Tier 3 Goods productions, Sentient Goods or any other options that are only unlocked significantly later in the game.

I would like to come back on this.
I understand you can only ask for Tier 1 in produce quest, but i think however it should be possible to have quest like: 3/9hour production of any factory. It does not make sense to me that you can only produce in your own boosted goods. If you think about your own game, it must be clear that at least your sentient factory should count as well. And why we are adding that, why not make it so any tier 1 factory works. Or as others have put, why not be able to use any manufactory regardless of tier/bonus.

Starting players can have 10 manfuctories in the same room as an endplayer needs for 1 manufactory. So allowing us to use tier 2 and 3 factories aswell, makes it more fair, and doesnt hinder the chapter 1 accounts at all.

UlyssesBlue

With all the issues we're seeing with the endless quest line, wouldn't they be resolved if the quests became truly random instead of this bizarre conditional system we've got now? Even if we had a mere 10 different quests (or quest types) in a truly random system it would be almost impossible for people to get 3 or more scout quests in a row. It may happen in extremely rare cases, but the situation with pretty much everyone reporting this happening to them multiple times would no longer occur. There'd be no need for special conditions attached. True randomness would be enough to make these problems rare enough that they wouldn't be an issue.

Heymrdiedier

With all the issues we're seeing with the endless quest line, wouldn't they be resolved if the quests became truly random instead of this bizarre conditional system we've got now? Even if we had a mere 10 different quests (or quest types) in a truly random system it would be almost impossible for people to get 3 or more scout quests in a row. It may happen in extremely rare cases, but the situation with pretty much everyone reporting this happening to them multiple times would no longer occur. There'd be no need for special conditions attached. True randomness would be enough to make these problems rare enough that they wouldn't be an issue.
actually truely random means you have a pretty decent chance of getting the same quest a few times in a row. only if you do a large amount of quest you will see that it evens out. (after getting the other quests a few times in a row aswell)

What you actually want is pseudo random, making the chance of the next quest being based on the quest you already had. making the quests more spread.

UlyssesBlue

actually truely random means you have a pretty decent chance of getting the same quest a few times in a row. only if you do a large amount of quest you will see that it evens out. (after getting the other quests a few times in a row aswell)

What you actually want is pseudo random, making the chance of the next quest being based on the quest you already had. making the quests more spread.

no? truly random seems like it would work fine. over the course of the entire event i'm sure you would occasionally see some quests repeat themselves, but it would be rare enough that it wouldn't be a problem, unlike the current situation where it's unreasonably frequent, not to mention all the many occasions where some quests repeat themselves 3 or more times in a row, which would be practically unheard of in a truly random system.

maxiqbert

no? truly random seems like it would work fine. over the course of the entire event i'm sure you would occasionally see some quests repeat themselves, but it would be rare enough that it wouldn't be a problem, unlike the current situation where it's unreasonably frequent, not to mention all the many occasions where some quests repeat themselves 3 or more times in a row, which would be practically unheard of in a truly random system.
All your idea would be true if :
- there were many different quests
- all having about the same odds

It was no surprise, from a mathematical point of view, that with only 3 quests having 50% of the odds, they would come in rows.
To make my point clearer, it's not rare when coin flipping to have long series. That's about what happened.

Last edited:

Dony

King of Bugs
truly random seems like it would work fine.
we have very few quests for it to ever feel random, they would need to double or triple amount of quests to feel more random, or even use same quest with variation (instead of gain 11 relics, have it gain 7-13 relics - thats 7 quests )

Karvest

Quests have different probabilities to appear (from 1% up to 15%), so even truly random system would pop up same quest in a row or every other one with some significant chance.

DeletedUser1739

I do not understand why the developers deliberately ignore aspects of the game that would offer more variety in the quests, especially on big events.

Now I would like to make a small remark on the formulation of quests that require manufactured productions, it is clumsy and misleading.
The -1 is not really one (it deceived me on my small town era 5).
In addition, it might be better to do a -2 instead. Thus the player who changes chapter during the era will not have to improve his factory in a catastrophe.

Heymrdiedier

truely random means: if you have a 1/20 chanc to get a quest, then you again have a 1/20 chance to get the same quest again after you just got it, and again a 1/20 chance of getting it after getting it 2 times already. Thats exactly what you dont want.
You want 1/20 chance to get it 1 time, then 1/40 chance to get it again after getting it once, and 1/80 chance of getting it once you get it 2 times in a row. but thats not random

Last edited:

DeletedUser1163

@Marindor Please let the game devs know to not put "Upgrade buildings" in future events. Because of the building level requirement, some of us have upgraded our Workshops and Manufactories to their chapter limit. The only reason I can't upgrade them anymore is I need more citizens and more land to build. Oh, if anyone should visit my city, show me some love by aiding a building that gives culture and happiness. My citizens are not happy anymore since the bigger Workshops means more work for them so their productivity has really slowed down.

DeletedUser2829

You can 1/20 chance to get it 1 time, then 1/40 chance to get it again after getting it once, and 1/80 chance of getting it once you get it 2 times in a row. but thats not random

Nuh huh, that's not how probability works. If there are 20 truly random quests, then the chance of getting a repeat quest is 1 in 20. The first quest could be anything, and whichever one it is, you have a 1 in 20 chance of getting it again. However, getting it 3 times in a row is 1/20 * 1/20 = 1/400. Truly random will lead to some duplicates, but very very few triplicates, and vanishingly small number of quadriplicates - 1/8000 (if such a word exists).