• Dear forum reader,

To actively participate on the forum by joining discussions or starting your own threads or topics, you need a game account and to REGISTER HERE!

Discussion Autumn Zodiac

Buttrflwr

I have gotten produce 3 toolboxes 3 times out of the last 9 quests. That's every 3 quests it wants me to make toolboxes. HOW MANY WORKSHOPS DO YOU THINK I HAVE? Since you basically eliminated being able to get thru this thing by eliminating smaller w/s and factories being used, do you now expect me to build 100 w/s to lvl 26 just to be able to advance? I NEED my w/s producing supplies, I am already running low on supply instants. smh, you continue to swing the pendulum in WIDE arcs when trying to balance, instead of small arcs that actually balance. NO WAY will I finish this event on Beta, and I am not even going to try on live.

DeletedUser332

You know, reading through the feedback in this thread, it'd honestly be hard for Inno to decide what to work on since there are at least 6 different quest tasks that people were complaining about being 'annoying' or 'too hard': Buying KP, gaining relics, completing encounters, scouting, producing toolboxes, and gaining vision vapor. There should certainly be variety in quest tasks (I personally think there should be more, especially for advanced cities capable of producing more than just T1 goods), but at the same time should every quest be something that can be completed in a matter of minutes or with little effort? What would 'fair' numbers look like for quests? How does one even decide what's 'fair' when two players can view a task differently? Balancing can be really difficult when you're trying to consider as many players as possible instead of just one (yourself) or even a small group.

DeletedUser2818

You know, reading through the feedback in this thread, it'd honestly be hard for Inno to decide what to work on since there are at least 6 different quest tasks that people were complaining about being 'annoying' or 'too hard': Buying KP, gaining relics, completing encounters, scouting, producing toolboxes, and gaining vision vapor. There should certainly be variety in quest tasks (I personally think there should be more, especially for advanced cities capable of producing more than just T1 goods), but at the same time should every quest be something that can be completed in a matter of minutes or with little effort? What would 'fair' numbers look like for quests? How does one even decide what's 'fair' when two players can view a task differently? Balancing can be really difficult when you're trying to consider as many players as possible instead of just one (yourself) or even a small group.
But would it really be so difficult to make it so that one wouldn't get "produce 3 toolbox" 3 times in a row? I can think of many things to achieve that whilst retaining the RNG aspect. Flags and cooldowns for instance. That's disregarding the fact that the majority of players seem to dislike the additional RNG trend started with the last event, so one could go back to the old system and save both the devs and we the player a lot of grievances.

Buttrflwr

@qaccy I am not saying that the quests should be easy, and/or quickly completed, but on a TIMED event, with a FULL TIME JOB, how far am I going to get when I get a 24 hour quest every 3rd quest? Or even more often, as I see some have. My game time is fairly limited during the week, so when I finally get to play, I am stopped in my tracks now by a 24 hour request. And I shouldn't have to use my time instants (which I have more than once) to have a chance at winning more than 4 bear artifacts. We can agree to disagree. :)

palmira

Now that there is an alternative for the Scout one province some tasks are a nuisance but not game stoppers (and I had 3 get 11 relics, once the tourney was done, almost in a row) and now I am waiting for the 5 toolboxes but is just 1 day not 3, here, or 6 in my live servers, so that's OK :)

DeletedUser332

@Betrinus @Karvest @Buttrflwr Fair points about the random nature. Personally I do like the concept of quests being random, but even I agree that it could be improved.

I think being allowed to skip quests would be a nice pairing with this endless format. I'd add in that skipping should not allow the same quest to appear as the replacement, but that's probably as far as I'd go with any sort of grace period. Skipping would also be restricted either by a timer, or by a certain number of quest completions before it could be used again. In this way I think it'd be a useful tool for alleviating a string of bad luck with quests, without allowing the ability to simply skip every 'bad' quest that comes up.

Deleted User - 56274

@Buttrflwr You may be surprised at how far you get. I've been in the middle of a move :)
I currently have 9 evolutions. My quest currency award has topped out at 188 event currency per quest which is a huge amount.

One of the reasons I don't object to produce toolboxes (although I do object to the same quest 3 out of 4 times no matter what quest it is because that is quite simply tedious and boring) is that while I may get short on supplies it won't impede my progress long term and I can use the supply enchant or windfall to restore them.

I do use speedboosts for many things and do so to shorten the time on the toolbox quests because since I like the 85 chest, I do get a lot of 8 hour boosts. I don't usually use them outside of the event other than the 2 hour one that I do when I am short on troops.

Now, while I am perfectly content that I am on track to fully evolve 2 bears by the end of the event, I do still have issues with the valuation of the quests, because quests that are effectively free like spend KP and quests that are costly in goods or time such as buy KP, scouting, and the tool box quest should not reward the same amount of currency to me. It also means that if you get a toolbox quest and it awards 3x amount of currency as the 9 hour quest, most people probably won't be as frustrated with it.

@Drea It may be possible in the way it was in the mermaid that if you go through how many ever cycles on the grand prizes you got another mermaid. I'm not sure if you will in this one because you may have to acquire 27 bear artifacts first.

Lovec Krys

And Toolboxes again. Another quest free day. Just remove the workshop level requirement from the quest - problem with toolboxes solved.
Good that thanks to expired goods we don't have 24/48 hrs productions in our manufactories, otherwise, those quests would be very nasty.

Dony

King of Bugs
what about abusive gameplay, make new account, buy 20-50 magic workshops for 290 dia each and never level them, reach last chapter and have 50 magic workshops 2x2, exaclty same what you wanted to move from with normal workshops, this wasnt problem up until now, but if this mechanic will be the new norm, it makes a lot of sense now, even more if other features will implement it. Magic workshops shouldnt ignore chapter requirement

Heymrdiedier

what about abusive gameplay, make new account, buy 20-50 magic workshops for 290 dia each and never level them, reach last chapter and have 50 magic workshops 2x2, exaclty same what you wanted to move from with normal workshops, this wasnt problem up until now, but if this mechanic will be the new norm, it makes a lot of sense now, even more if other features will implement it. Magic workshops shouldnt ignore chapter requirement
it will take you a bit of time before your endtech with that new account tho. Personally i dont think they will worry about it, and will be very happy players make a new account and immediatly spend money on that by buying magic workshops

Dony

King of Bugs
its more like to start playing with this strategy on new servers they are opening, and it will be a problem in long term if a lot of smart ppl use it

lika1961

There are always people who will do anything (including spending diamonds) to get what they want. We have seen time and again that players find a way to abuse something and it will definitely happen again. It seems like a bad idea though to turn the events into something that drags on and doesn't engage the players like the old system did in order to avoid misuse of the system. And to have evolvable building upgrades that are quite difficult now for advanced players to get. Events are supposed to be fun and exciting and not do things like stop production in your main factories and workshops for days on end or force you to over-scout. And the first time any quest repeats immediately after finishing it, I am out. It seems then that my future participation in events will be very limited which is a pity as I really, really like events.

DeletedUser332

Magic workshops don't ignore the chapter requirements though, do they? They simply use a different numbering system for their levels since they don't upgrade the same way.

Buttrflwr

And, toolboxes again. Right on time. SMH, @Marindor could you please please please tell the devs or someone that random is not random for some. toolboxes every 3rd quest is just crippling. :( Even fast tracking them, if you get it again and again after just 2 or 3 in between...sigh.

Verde

Buy 20KP, three times out of the last 6 or 7 quests. Poor little level 3 city is just about bankrupt, coin or goods, even using coin instants :(
Never thought I'd be actually happy to be winning those :rolleyes:

DeletedUser332

they ignore requirement, lvl1 is enough for chapter14

Really? According to the Elven Gems website, a minimum level is required for magic workshops as well based on the chapter the owner is in. I understand that the website is an unofficial fansite, so would that mean their information is incorrect?

Marindor

Hi guys,

And, toolboxes again. Right on time. SMH, @Marindor could you please please please tell the devs or someone that random is not random for some. toolboxes every 3rd quest is just crippling. :( Even fast tracking them, if you get it again and again after just 2 or 3 in between...sigh.

This feedback has been passed on (multiple times actually) and it's being looked into for future improvement.

Really? According to the Elven Gems website, a minimum level is required for magic workshops as well based on the chapter the owner is in. I understand that the website is an unofficial fansite, so would that mean their information is incorrect?

In that case it seems like that, yes. @Dony is right :)