• Dear forum reader,

To actively participate on the forum by joining discussions or starting your own threads or topics, you need a game account and to REGISTER HERE!

Discussion Autumn Zodiac

Potvorisko

After playing the event few days, I have to say, I like the new system. I dont need useless little garbage in my town and I am proceeding the event just fine on my big manufactories and workshops. There are some cooldowns, but since the amount of keys is constantly raising, I have enough event curency for my bear. I guess, I will have certanly one on 10 lvl, maybe the second as well...it depends. So, thank you for this event upgrade and new teleportation spell.

palmira

And toolboxes done, and again the bunchload of steel (and I am betting after that I get the Scout a province ..). It seems I am basically on 3 tasks, scout, toolboxes, produce a huge amount of steel, with some encounters to be done in between and nothing else. Are there other tasks?

Deleted User - 56274

@palmira yes, there are... gain 11 relics and solve 9 encounters or 45 tourney encounters :(

Seriously there needs to be a cooldown between the same quest. I just finished 9 encounters/45 tourney encounters (which is a ridiculous amount of tourney encounters to do in one go for chapter 6/7) and immediately have another solve 9 encounters/45 tourney encounters.

Please fix the quest rotation and cooldown to something that is reasonable.

lika1961

The ironic thing is while everyone is getting really frustrated by the inane repetition of the quests, the people who are supposed to be blocked by this system are not in fact blocked. It has been days now, surely there must be some change in the 3 of the same quest in a row cycle. We already had this in the previous event, why is it that people are still getting the same quest 3, 4, 5 times in a row? You are spoiling this event for a lot of people which is crazy as we already knew this was a problem. This is not about Beta testing, it is about spoiling the game for Beta players.

Deleted User - 56274

@lika1961 The truly frustrating part to me is that it doesn't seem to be acknowledged as an issue by moderators or devs for the repititious quests. It's one thing if the quest is something simple like give NH x3 or place/accept trades or even the production quests. But Gain relics, solve encounters, gain VV, gain spell fragments all use finite resources and potentially (in the case of gain relics and solve encounter/tourney encounter) rapidly denude a player of resources which makes recover and normal participation in tourneys or future events problematic.

Kersepitje

QA Moderator
Elvenar Team
About the quests being hard. When you are in the last part of the event. Every quest is supposed to be hard. Maybe some are easy for one player specifically but for other players that one might be very hard. And another quest might be very hard for you, while its very easy for others. For example the scout or research is a lot different for a chapter 2 account, versus and end tech account.

About getting the same quests in a row. I can tell you that we are working on this already, but i cannot make promises that this will make it into this event still. The key is to prevent repetition of the exact same quest condition, without making the quests too predicable again. So it needs some coding.

Lovec Krys

@palmira I got Vision vapor quest 2x today. After that I got produce huge amount of planks (basicaly 4x9h + 6x3h T1 production with using magical manufactoring spells needed for that), now 11 relics followed by 12x15min workshops production. And now 9x1h workshop (with 6 workshops it will be done tomorrow).

@Kersepitje Developers can just use some variation of the last event's last loop. What's the point of having unpredictable quests? With using only our main workshops & manufactories, we can't prepare for them anyway.

palmira

@palmira yes, there are... gain 11 relics and solve 9 encounters or 45 tourney encounters :(

Well, I finally got a new one, after the huge amount of steel, I got solve 5 encounters or 5 spire encounters, get 5 spells, get 11 relics ( I had these before of course) and now, for the first time, produce 6 baskets of groceries in your big workshops, yeay, not toolboxes again :)

Deleted User - 56274

@Kersepitje I am not commenting on difficulty, because none of the quests are 'difficult' some are more costly than others and anything that uses encounters or relics has a longer term impact. If at my mid-point in chapter 7 I have cleared the 30 provinces to open chapter 8 I am getting over-extended. If I am doing the nearly 12 encounter provinces that are required to completed the 45 tourney encounters I may have denuded goods and troops thus be unable to participate in anything other than rebuilding for a week. I may roll my eyes at getting two toolbox requiring quests in a row, but I am not overly bothered by it as it does not have a long term impact on my game.

The way your currency is working, you already have a counter in place - each high cost quest could have a variable on when it appeared and a formula that basically says
Validate that QUEST x Counter +50 <= Event Currency Count then no Quest x available

A difficult quest would actually be a compound quest where I have to do several things such as Gain 1 relic, produce 1 3 hour workshop, produce 1 tier 2 3 hour and give 2 NH.

To me, mermaids and this event highlight three things

1) Quests currency awards need to be calibrated based on the cost/effort of the quest
2) Evolving buildings (or sets) need to be acquired as grand prizes a limited # of times unless the player does not have one in inventory/used
3) High cost/time quests need to have a limit on how often they can occur.

If you value the quests so that Give NH gives 5 event currency and gain 11 relics or solve 9 encounters give 100 currency, you should be able to have players obtain at least 1 fully evolved building with some effort. It also allows you to use the entire quest list rather than tier quests and have them repeat at a certain level. Once you hit a certain tier they are on repeat and become stale very quickly even without getting the same quest several times in a row or 3 out of 4 times etc.

Please understand, I am not merely trying to complain, I am trying to offer constructive feedback because I DO want events to be interesting and fun. This is why both on beta and the US forums I have tried to offer suggestions that would hopefully solve the most problematic issues connected to the random endless quest cycle.

DeletedUser3055

About the quests being hard. When you are in the last part of the event. Every quest is supposed to be hard. Maybe some are easy for one player specifically but for other players that one might be very hard. And another quest might be very hard for you, while its very easy for others. For example the scout or research is a lot different for a chapter 2 account, versus and end tech account.

About getting the same quests in a row. I can tell you that we are working on this already, but i cannot make promises that this will make it into this event still. The key is to prevent repetition of the exact same quest condition, without making the quests too predicable again. So it needs some coding.

it is easy to prevent same quest in a row, you just need to add a simple formula to the quest roll
you have for example at the beginning 20 quests (q1, q2, q3 .....q20) with 2,5% chance to get them.
If i get q9 as first quest in the next roll for quest q9 i should have 0% chance, you take the 2,5% divide it to 19 (result 0,13157) and add that to the chance of the other quests,
so after i complete q9, i have
0% chance to get q9 because i just finished the quest
and 2,5 + 0,13157 = 2,63157 % chance to get the other 19 quests

then if i get q14 as next, again you drop the chance to 0% for quest 14 and divide the 2,63157% to 19 and add them to the other quest
so i will have 0% chance to get q14,because i just finished the quest
0,13850% to get q9 (because q9 was 0) and
2,63157+0.13850 = 2,77007% chance to get the other 18
and so on,
this way after each quest you increase the chance of the quests i did not had and keep low the chance of the quest i already had

Karvest

Sounds good, but need some addition, as they don't like having equal probabilities for all quests. So there should be a matrix of probabilities they want for quests and each iteration the chance of current quest should be distributed between other quests using this matrix (distribute 100% at start).
Not sure if there would be some performance issues, tho. Now probabilities are integers 0..100 and don't require any floating point operations + no storage for them per player.

DeletedUser3055

Sounds good, but need some addition, as they don't like having equal probabilities for all quests. So there should be a matrix of probabilities they want for quests and each iteration the chance of current quest should be distributed between other quests using this matrix (distribute 100% at start).
Not sure if there would be some performance issues, tho. Now probabilities are integers 0..100 and don't require any floating point operations + no storage for them per player.
the 20 quest with 2.5% was only as an example, important is to get to 0% the previous quest, and also be able to lower the chance for the last 5-10 quests
you could round up values to get integers
dev team knows better how easy or not is to implement something like this before the events starts on life servers.

Maillie

It seems odd that the ones that get the scout quest get it repeated nonstop. I get the 3 toolbox quest again and again and again. Right now I'm waiting for my new quest to finish ... 3 toolboxes again. It appears that either the Random Number Generator has a very small list to choose from or the toolbox quest appears far too often on my list.

I don't believe I've ever complained so much about the quests in any prior event. Hopefully it won't come to the live cities in the same format, there is no way to prepare for this, and evolving the bears looked like so much fun.

DeletedUser2988

I've had a similar problem. In the last 6 quests I've had 3 get 4 vision vapor.

Dony

King of Bugs
only way i can think of and is easy to implement for devs is to make last segment divide into 2 or 3 smaller segments with guaranteed scout and/or toolboxes in between