• Dear forum reader,

To actively participate on the forum by joining discussions or starting your own threads or topics, you need a game account and to REGISTER HERE!

Discussion Autumn Zodiac

Marindor

@qaccy is right :) This is meant to be a heavier quest and this solution is indeed aimed especially at the players with very long scouting times and no more technologies to research, so I think it is a very reasonable alternative which is in line with either of the other tasks for this quest :)

Richord

Looks nice
BUT
it has three new buildings, BUT NO WAY TO GET EXPANSIONS TO PLACE THEM
I really hate that i get the scout-quest AGAIN

iDavis

@Marindor from me only positive feedback this time. I love to see all that effort players put here to push some sense in that quest got to the right place and to the right person. This 3rd option is definitely worth considering this as a meaningful change (instead of previous "or research a technology").

DeletedUser

I know I'm being really stubborn about not working on my map until I've finished my squad sizes, but since we don't know what will happen with provinces I don't open them. Can we please, please, please get a 3rd alternative to solve encounters or tournaments and add the spire. Then all 3 are covered. Because there isn't an alternative for anyone who is as stubborn as me and starting a new chapter.

It makes me sad that I'm still on quest 5 and again picking up the scraps of keys and broken mirrors left by my neighbors. :(

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser

I'd also like to suggest an alternative to the scouting quest/research quest.
To place 2 star cross trades and maybe make it specific to chapters.
Chapters 2-11 places cross trades of tier 2 for tier 1 or tier 3 for tier 1
and anyone over chapter 11 does the opposite they cross trade tier 1 for tier 2 or 3.

palmira

Hi guys,

Just a head's up: We wont be able to change this before the weekend anymore, but due to your feedback, the Scouting quest will get an extra alternative with OR Gain 15 Vision Vapor next week :)

Yeay, maybe now I can get my bear to lvl10 :) Thanx guys

Angeduciel

Oh well, I have give it a try to see if I would gain some motivation after a few days and I am still not convinced this type of event is worth it. My thoughts so far regarding this new type of quests :
  1. I dislike the fact that I have to build more high level buildings (manufactories & workshops) to do the quests in a reasonable amount of time. It is a waste of time and resources. I would rather build low level buildings and sell them after the event.:confused:
  2. I dislike the fact that I have to screw up my WS production to make toolboxes. :mad: :confused: This forces me to use instant or spell to compensate if I want to maintain my city production to the level I want in order to do tournaments and play the spire a little. More importantly, 24 hours production run does not encourage active gameplay at all so I am really surprise to see this type of quest.
  3. I like the option of using the spire in addition to the tournay or world map provinces to make some quests:)
  4. I highly dislike the quest asking for scouting or research.:( This does not encourage active gameplay when it takes more then 5 days to scout and you have no research to do. For advanced players this is a non sense and appreciate that you will add vision vapors collection as an option, even if I dislike to have to craft something I don't really need just to cut into the waiting time
  5. The randomness of the quest should not allow to get 2 or 3 times in a row the same quest... it is not fair to get too many easy quests in a row, and it is not fair to get the longer ones either (5x 24 h in workshop :eek:)
  6. It is a high demotivation factor when we see very little hope if getting only one of the 3 grand prizes to its maximum level. :confused:
  7. I love the graphics of the 3 bears :p
thanks for reading.

Heymrdiedier

I know I'm being really stubborn about not working on my map until I've finished my squad sizes, but since we don't know what will happen with provinces I don't open them. Can we please, please, please get a 3rd alternative to solve encounters or tournaments and add the spire. Then all 3 are covered. Because there isn't an alternative for anyone who is as stubborn as me and starting a new chapter.

It makes me sad that I'm still on quest 5 and again picking up the scraps of keys and broken mirrors left by my neighbors. :(

I'd also like to suggest an alternative to the scouting quest/research quest.
To place 2 star cross trades and maybe make it specific to chapters.
Chapters 2-11 places cross trades of tier 2 for tier 1 or tier 3 for tier 1
and anyone over chapter 11 does the opposite they cross trade tier 1 for tier 2 or 3.

omg i love you, your sarcasm is so sweet <3

DeletedUser

@Heymrdiedier back at you luv.
I'm suggesting the cross trades in place of vision vapor because you're relying on luck not getting a bunch of 1 vision vapor things to craft. I don't know if live is 6 hours now for the magic academy but if not, that's 8 hours to wait for new recipes.

But I'm amending it a little more.
Chapters 2-5 post 15-2 star cross trades of Tier 2 or Tier 3 for Tier 1
Chapters 6-11 post 30-2 star cross trades of Tier 2 for Tier 1 or Tier 3
and Chapters over 11 post 60-2 star cross trades of Tier 1 for Tier 2 or tier 3
Cross trades make sense to me more than same tier trades and maybe others will see that by adding this to the quest lines. Plus it's easy!

DeletedUser332

But I'm amending it a little more.
Chapters 2-5 post 15-2 star cross trades of Tier 2 or Tier 3 for Tier 1
Chapters 6-11 post 30-2 star cross trades of Tier 2 for Tier 1 or Tier 3
and Chapters over 11 post 60-2 star cross trades of Tier 1 for Tier 2 or tier 3
Cross trades make sense to me more than same tier trades and maybe others will see that by adding this to the quest lines. Plus it's easy!

At least you're right in that it's easy. Post trades, complete quest, cancel trades. It's never been required that your trades actually get accepted in order to complete a quest, probably because that's something that explicitly requires another player to do something to you, which isn't really within your control.

DeletedUser

At least you're right in that it's easy. Post trades, complete quest, cancel trades. It's never been required that your trades actually get accepted in order to complete a quest, probably because that's something that explicitly requires another player to do something to you, which isn't really within your control.
Okay @qaccy you bring up a valid point, how about that it's a timed/duration type quest? Thinking out loud. That you have 10 minutes to post the trades and then to finish it, must wait x amount of hours to remove the trades?

DeletedUser2392

Enough of the bloody Buy KP, it's hugely unfair to smaller players and as it never resets I see it as a money making endeavour for Inno, it's not a coincidence that there are diamond options for buying them.
Stop this as a task NOW!!!!

Jaxom

Enough of the bloody Buy KP, it's hugely unfair to smaller players and as it never resets I see it as a money making endeavour for Inno, it's not a coincidence that there are diamond options for buying them.
Stop this as a task NOW!!!!
I see your point about this task being hard for early players. And tasks should not be painful for any level of player.
But believe me, for a late chapter player this is a great one. I always have far too many coins coming in and I am always buying KPs with the excess. At 2000K coins per KP it is still the best thing I can do with the coins.
Coins are precious for early players. Scouting time is horrible for late players. It sort of balances. Sort of. No, not really.

DeletedUser2406

I think that with the option of vapors instead of scouting, one of the most important issues with the event was removed. Thanks for listening and removing the big issue.

Still, I would like to make a couple a suggestions:
- put some quests about the trader. In my fellowship some players say that in some zone of the map the trade is very scarce, and if players could have some quest about taking offers or having own offers accepted, that could help in reinvigorating the trade. I know these would be very easy quests in "working" fellowhips, but still could help.
- about the random choice of the event, you could avoid the total randomness by modifying the chance of obtaining a specific quest depending on the times that the quest has already come out. It's absurd to hear of people who received so many times a single quest. By modifying the percentage with the occurrence of quests, you could level the final quest results for the different players (that is a nice thing, imo, on the whole length of the event the people would have faced more similar difficulties), and also allow the players to try to organize a little for the next quests (if I never had the toolboxes, I will prepare some because I know that the chance of having that quest will increase). Obviously the correction must be small...

Anyway, I must say that I really love the appearance of the bears, and one of the reason of the disappointment is that I really want all three of them in my city!!! :)

Yogi Dave

It is a high demotivation factor when we see very little hope if getting only one of the 3 grand prizes to its maximum level. :confused:
Given that you could get multiple mermaids fully evolved, yes it is a demotivator.

I love the graphics of the 3 bears :p
Very cute indeed. I'm tempted to place a 2nd one and not evolve it very far just to watch it frolic in my city. That would have to be my live city where I am chapter locked and have the space.

Lovec Krys

@Werepenguin To avoid getting the same quest several times in a row, all Inno devs needs to do, is to use quest rotation system from last loop of last event, or similar (with perhaps more than only a and b - that's up to devs). This would completely remove the getting the same quest several times in a row problem.

DeletedUser2771

This event is soo slow! I keep getting workshop quests that are 1 day or 9 hours. Leaves me not engaging! I agree with the above posters that the quest rotation system needs to be adjusted.

Deleted User - 56274

And now... Buy 15 KP... I completely, utterly loathe this quest. Please, please switch it to Gain KP so we have alternatives to complete it.

DeletedUser

And now... Buy 15 KP... I completely, utterly loathe this quest. Please, please switch it to Gain KP so we have alternatives to complete it.
15KP, that's part of segment V (quests #60-#89). Seems to me you don't have any problems going through the quests. Even for a chapter 1 account 15KP is easy. :rolleyes: I'm still only on #30, waiting for my 2nd scout to finish in ~3days. :(

DeletedUser264

Let's say that random quests are a big failure. Some people get 3-4 toolboxes or vision vapor one after another, some get scouts all the time white others get more random quests and are able to play more frequently without being excluded from the event for days. Completely unfair.