• Dear forum reader,

To actively participate on the forum by joining discussions or starting your own threads or topics, you need a game account and to REGISTER HERE!

Discussion Autumn Zodiac 2021

Karvest

The point is that everybody have its own coefficients in such formulas. Even if you are not counting production they are at least different for different chapters. Awhile ago we were using numbers derived from max culture you can get from regular (not event) buildings and population from regular residences. But now such equations looks useless as we have so many event buildings that no one sane would use regular culture and residences if he is not a newbie. + we have many culture buildings that are placed in our cities due to things they produce and not for the culture they give, which make culture part of non-producing event buildings worthless.

SoggyShorts

The point is that everybody have its own coefficients in such formulas
Exactly. When running efficiency calculations for others I often use a Lava Codex as a base, but for myself and others with a similar advancement and efficient playstyle, additional culture really has no value. It's situational and subjective as stated.

Lovec Krys

because culture does have a value
Does it?
Build high level culture wonders and culture will have (almost) zero value. You can then focus on other parameters.

In the case of Red Panda Master, my opinion is, that this building is only about it's feeding effect.
If you like it, you build it, otherwise not.

@Karvest , @SoggyShorts Yes, we all have our own priorities depending on our play style (and that can even dynamicaly change over time). What is super usefull for one player, can be worthless for other player.

little bee

The point is that everybody have its own coefficients in such formulas.
Yes, everyone including the developers. And their coefficients will be the "correct" ones in the sense that the game is based around them. It may be impossible to compute how much population or culture one square is worth exactly, because it will vary to a certain degree depending on what building is used as a baseline. But, none the less, these values are neither arbitrary nor situational.

And while every player may need different things at different times that is hardly an argument for these things to be worthless. For example, when I first hit the woodelves, my evolving building were producing enough mana to get comfortably through the chapter. But that is no reason to argue that mana is "worthless" or that the burning fountain and the manta ray are bad buildings.

For any normal city culture is absolutly necessary. And by "normal" I mean any city that:
-is still progressing through research
-places guest race buildings
-is playing at least a few (magical) residences
-is playing factories
-does not have multiple fully leveled wonders yet
-is not plastered full with dozends of library sets, troop producing buildings or similar.

And if you don't think that those conditions constitute a "normal" city, we should probably petition the developers to start nerving again. Because then something has gone terribly wrong with the gamebalance.

FieryArien

Yes, everyone including the developers. And their coefficients will be the "correct" ones in the sense that the game is based around them. It may be impossible to compute how much population or culture one square is worth exactly, because it will vary to a certain degree depending on what building is used as a baseline. But, none the less, these values are neither arbitrary nor situational.

And while every player may need different things at different times that is hardly an argument for these things to be worthless. For example, when I first hit the woodelves, my evolving building were producing enough mana to get comfortably through the chapter. But that is no reason to argue that mana is "worthless" or that the burning fountain and the manta ray are bad buildings.

For any normal city culture is absolutly necessary. And by "normal" I mean any city that:
-is still progressing through research
-places guest race buildings
-is playing at least a few (magical) residences
-is playing factories
-does not have multiple fully leveled wonders yet
-is not plastered full with dozends of library sets, troop producing buildings or similar.

And if you don't think that those conditions constitute a "normal" city, we should probably petition the developers to start nerving again. Because then something has gone terribly wrong with the gamebalance.
My cities are totally “normal” based on your conditions and in spite of that I value culture in multi-purpose buildings as almost worthless. The thing is I’m far better off focusing purely on the other parameters (be it population or for example mana) and increase my culture (if needed) by placing a few pure culture buildings. Very conveniently (thanks to their high culture value) those few buildings will be kept polished and provide good bonus culture even if my city happens to be in less active neighborhood.

maxiqbert

after elves' chapter culture is of no direct value, since you can't really avoid having some culture from mana (then seeds) buildings. Not to mention useful sets/evolutive buildings.
I never had a shortage of culture after that, although I didn't value culture at all.
I don't even have the watchtower, and no building can give more culture that this one wonder = before I value any culture given by a building I would build the watchtower.

Bramblerose

The relics are slowly getting on my nerves. Where are they supposed to come from? Come up with something else. I have 2000 in my inventory and that for Sunday. :(

little bee

I like the fact that todays prize is 20 AW instead of 10. This way it is a nice prize even in the larger chests.

Last edited:

SoggyShorts

Yes, everyone including the developers. And their coefficients will be the "correct" ones in the sense that the game is based around them.
Sure, and the developers have shown again and again just how good they are at balance, right? :rolleyes:
Sorry, but just like the others are all posting, once you get to a certain point in the game you can easily achieve max culture as a by-product of evos, wonders, and other good buildings which means that more culture is indeed worthless. If you are placing such a high value on culture as you propose then your city has some serious inefficiencies (or you're in earlier chapers).

Arthus

I wonder if we will ever get different size evolving building than 4x4 and 3x3, or will we ever get something that is as powerful as first phoenixes/bears (nothing even close to that atm and nothing with military effect in 2 years), just seen leaks of October building's stats (2020 100% better) and i'm as disappointed as with Red Panda Master, who is martial arts bear and instead of being military focused gives us small ammounts of VV...

Heffernan

Okay, now you can complain. Collecting 20 relics on back to back days on the weekend, or 40 relics total, is too much, unless we just wait until Tuesday and get them in the tournament.
Inconvenient… unimaginative… yes
showstopper… no

i just do what i did yesterday and bake most of them in academy. Inconvenience for bigger players comes ofc from having to do something else that they would normally have done in academy.

for some players this could be real trouble but then again for those players being in the middle of tournament might not have helped that much either.

Enevhar Aldarion

I just do what i did yesterday and bake most of them in academy. Inconvenience for bigger players comes ofc from having to do something else that they would normally have done in academy.

Relics seem to be one of those things that only show up in my MA maybe once a day, if even that. So if I had not had enough provinces available, plus the three relics from the Pilgrim set, I would just be waiting until Tuesday.

Heffernan

Relics seem to be one of those things that only show up in my MA maybe once a day, if even that. So if I had not had enough provinces available, plus the three relics from the Pilgrim set, I would just be waiting until Tuesday.
Ok, fair enough - i did that in my baby acc which is in woodelves, could be a different story with Heff acc (don't have a relic option in academy now).