• Dear forum reader,

To actively participate on the forum by joining discussions or starting your own threads or topics, you need a game account and to REGISTER HERE!

Discussion Autumn Zodiac 2021

Enevhar Aldarion

now that the crafting of an "old" bear artifact is fixed i'm curious...
if you have used the crafting recipe successfully once has anyone seen it reappear in academy ?

i should think it natural that it wouldn't be offered as often, but there is a sneaking suspicion that it could be one time only which would ruin my strategy of evolving my polar bear in my younger village.

Random, just like all the other recipes. Remember back in the Ashen Phoenix event, or last year with the Moonbear or Coldfire Phoenix? Some people got the recipe all the time and others never got it enough times to convert all the artifacts they won. It will be the same with this one.

HappyRose

I’ve been busy with the FA on live .. so have only just looked at the Royal prizes
I am obviously missing something because it looks as if I want to .”win” a blueprint I have to get 160 stars AND pay 1500 diamonds.. how is this a prize ? when in normal play a blueprint cost 300 diamonds
Have I got this wrong ? Or is the prize for Inno getting 5 times as much

little bee

I’ve been busy with the FA on live .. so have only just looked at the Royal prizes
I am obviously missing something because it looks as if I want to .”win” a blueprint I have to get 160 stars AND pay 1500 diamonds.. how is this a prize ? when in normal play a blueprint cost 300 diamonds
I suspect the royal prizes are meant either for players, who want the red forrest (which is better than any of the daily prizes), or for players, who want to get a second fully evolved red panda. In the last case you need 25 grand prizes (+gold liga + FA) and thus the grand prizes would contain among others 2 petfood, 3 blueprints and 2 ferris weels in addition to the red forrest.

Enevhar Aldarion

You pay 1500 diamonds once and get all the premium grand prizes for the same stages you receive regular grand prizes. For someone who makes it to the 2nd base on the prize line, that means the exclusive Red Forest building, one blueprint, and a bunch of other stuff that may or may not be worth diamonds to a player. I am looking at it as 1200 diamonds for the building and 300 for a blueprint, and a bunch of other stuff tossed in, if I were to spend the 1500. Also, someone really lucky with winning currency and gets to the 17th grand prize, would get a 2nd blueprint from the Royal prizes, and make the 1500 more cost effective.

@little bee those are normal Ferris Wheels, not the Ferris Wheel Galore, so only pop/culture buildings and no production, making them pretty crappy.

SoggyShorts

I suspect the royal prizes are meant either for players, who want the red forrest (which is better than any of the daily prizes),
Really? It has a much lower pop/sq than the other 3x3 and extra culture hardly makes up for that IMO. Even today's 3x3 has way more culture, so some combination of this one and the other would probably come out ahead of the single red forest square for square.
I never really paid attention but 1500 diamonds would probably buy a much better building from the culture tab if that is an important stat for your city, no?
Also, I'm still loving that free Ranger building= a building that can do something which no other can is much more interesting than another pop-culture hybrid especially one where you can't get multiples.

Last edited:

Enevhar Aldarion

The Royal prizes, and the Red Forest, are there for the people with FOMO or Pokemon syndrome. Gotta catch/have them all. The mere existence of the Gravity Inn and its super exclusiveness has to drive these people crazy, knowing they have almost no chance to own one. Not being able to log in on past specific days and missing out on any of the one-time-only giveaways the game has done must bug them too.

edeba

Yup, it is crap, really bad crap. I have already warned my fellowship on live.

SoggyShorts

Yup, it is crap, really bad crap. I have already warned my fellowship on live.
That's because inno makes some _____ choices.
It's great that ~10 years later they are implementing some things that other games have, but they are so bad at it the miss the main draw which in those games are cosmetics.
One little 3x3 building doesn't cut it.
Other games would offer a unique skin you could apply to your mainhall. (then next event your barracks, then trader etc)

It's bizarre to me that someone would rip off a feature from another game and yet do it so poorly.

little bee

Really? It has a much lower pop/sq than the other 3x3 and extra culture hardly makes up for that IMO. Even today's 3x3 has way more culture, so some combination of this one and the other would probably come out ahead of the single red forest square for square.
I always calculate the worth of a hybrid as (2*pop+culture) per sqare. And with that the red forrest is around 15% better than the dailys.

HappyRose

Enevhar thank you it wasn’t obvious to me that the 1500 diamonds was for all prizes to the level you get... still looks expensive but better

SoggyShorts

I always calculate the worth of a hybrid as (2*pop+culture) per sqare. And with that the red forrest is around 15% better than the dailys.
Interesting. A purely subjective formula though, no more accurate than my personal one (pop*1 +culture*0) which makes that panda 15% worse.

little bee

Interesting. A purely subjective formula though, no more accurate than my personal one (pop*1 +culture*0) which makes that panda 15% worse.
No, my formula is definetively more accurate than yours. With it most culture+population prizes in an event get similar values. Your formula is clearly useless, because culture does have a value.

Lets compare some dailys from last years autum event, chapter 10 as an example for my formula a=(2*pop+cult) per square and yours b=pop per sqare:
Kite Outpost: 2700 cult on 6 sqares-> a=450, b=0
Harvest Travelers: 1400 cult on 3 sqares -> a=467, b=0
Hazeltown: 2300 cult+2300 pop on 16 squares -> a=431, b=144
Antient Pond Statue: 1240 cult+1440 pop on 9 sqares ->a=458, b=197
Squirrel Square: 1780 cult+1090 pop on 9 squares -> a=440, b=121

As you can see the values of a stay relatively close together with smaller builings usually having a higher value. Your value b on the other hand just fluctuates wildly. In fact, that is why I use this formula.

Arthus

Is there any chance for people who have a lot of artifacts but not 2nd base building to get it in future? Even for diamonds...

little bee

If a city has more than 170% culture with zero pure culture buildings in it (so no way to reduce culture in exchange for something else) then adding more culture has no value.
That's like saying that all seedbuildings are worthless because some cities get enough seeds from the trader.
My point is that my formula is based on actual mathematical observations and seems to come at least close to the developers own calculations. Yours is clearly isn't.