• Dear forum reader,

To actively participate on the forum by joining discussions or starting your own threads or topics, you need a game account and to REGISTER HERE!

Trader Automatically settle 'conflicting' trades

DeletedUser

I saw the following trade offers simultaneously available:

100 A for 100 B (from player X)
100 B for 100 A (from player Y)

Wouldn't it be nice for everyone concerned if the game recognized this and settled both trades?

P.S. I realize it could be that none of players X and Y had discovered each other as a neighbor. Then a direct, no-fee trade between them would be imposssible. Of course this should be checked when settling trades. I'm sure that in my particular case one of them has already discovered the other.

DeletedUser651

I saw something like that earlier today. I just helped both players by doing the trade for them. I bought from player 1 and sold to player 2. Didn't cost me anything. I wouldn't like it if the game did it automatically, but I would love it if people would be nice and would help out each other.

DeletedUser205

hm, the more automatism the less possibilities for active playing (and there are so much waitingtimes you have nothing to do)

in my trader it is very seldom what you described. mostly all players there are needing the same goods and are offering the same.
and pages are 5 to 12(seldom) and it is really easy to find an offer you need.
do you have difficulties about that in your trader? than I think I'm getting jealous :cool:

DeletedUser

You must be feeling so proud for 'helping them out.'

If so, why not have the game help them out? Imagine yourself in the same situation. Wouldn't you love posting a trade offer and get it accepted immediately?

There are so many ways in which Elvenar could be made 'smarter' than it is right now, including socialization. This is just one of them.

DeletedUser

I saw something like that earlier today. I just helped both players by doing the trade for them. I bought from player 1 and sold to player 2. Didn't cost me anything. I wouldn't like it if the game did it automatically, but I would love it if people would be nice and would help out each other.
I agree with you, Bobbykitty .

DeletedUser1095

I agree that I wouldn't want the game to do that automatically - there are lots of variables in trading, and part of the point is often interaction among players.

DeletedUser651

You must be feeling so proud for 'helping them out.'

SirReal, I don't understand your snappiness. How does what I did make you upset? I would think it is a good thing that we help each other.

As Sorella said " the more automatism the less possibilities for active playing (and there are so much waiting times you have nothing to do)"
I couldn't agree more.

DeletedUser778

I see and accept these trades also every now and then.
And i definitly don't want the game to do it automatically. If i do it I know i help people in my neighbourhood and I'm stuck with my neighbourhood, so i'm glad if i can help my neighbours and maybe profit later from it then have the game do it automatically and maybe have these trades with one person in my neighbourhood and some other person far beyond my reach.
Maybe a little selfish, but since I'm stuck with my neighbours and not players 5 or more rings outside I'm ok with it.

DeletedUser

That's how we do things in my hood, it's a chain of people helping each other, which increases your trade range significantly. Automatic trades are impossible anyways, what i see in my list is different from what my neighbours see, simply because they have neighbours i haven't discovered yet. In this case, players X and Y might not even see each other at all, cause if they would, i'm pretty sure they would trade with each other instead of both putting the same trade in the market ^^

DeletedUser

I take it most players here would rather have the once-a-week opportunity to help each other, despite skewed good boosts across their neighborhoods and the market full of trades no one accepts... than have a trading system that actually works. OK. I rest my case.

DeletedUser31

Other thing that has not been mentioned:

What if i settle a trade in messages. We agree that I put out a trade for an other user. But it immediately gets accepted by an other user. So I can't trade with whom I wanted to.

But I see potential in this idea. What if when someone puts a trade to the trader, the system checks for exact (and only exact, without trader fee or anything), and asks if you want to accept this trade instead. It can help players who forget to check the trades or just miss the trade, but also, it lets you put out trades for other players.

DeletedUser205

what @Nosferatu reports from his hood I tried to establish in mine too. But it doesn't work.
And it is a lot of work, to mail to every single player to try to get him interested (as your tradingworld expands permanently, you can't build a group-adress).
There may be some players who can get away with that massive time for contacting and administer tradingchains but I don't think, that this is the world of most of the consumers, inno can expect.

We are putted off to future features and perhaps there will be an opportunity for contacting and communicating with tradingmates.

I'm upset, that we closed-beta-members are used in that way, that we have to think about how absolutly necessary mechanics can be established.
What are the devs doing??? Or is it the way to take ideas on no-cost-basis out of communities?
This game now is in a really unfinished state and I refuse to put any idea in for basic mechanics.

I take my "job" in trying out what is provided. And can say: there is a lot of work to do for the devs :oops:

DeletedUser867

Ah but the basic mechanics aren't really all that basic. We have a very experienced group of beta testers, who have a wealth of experience.

Think of it this way.
Let's suppose that there's a minority voice at InnoGames who shares your concerns, but who can't seem to get anybody to listen.
You've probably worked in a office - there's a HUGE amount of inertia.

But here comes a very SIMILAR idea that our minority voice can CHAMPION, and she may very well carry the day.
Outside ideas are invaluable when folks are going through the motions, rather than thinking,
and especially so when the awkwardness has been clearly expressed, and a feasible alternative has been proposed.

My motives are quite selfish. I take my fun seriously, and I want playing Elvenar to be a very satisfying experience.

DeletedUser205

@Katwijk you can do what ever you like.
And that is exact the hope: to get nocost input for the devs.

I like to think about special solutions and ideas,
but really not move 1 single braincell for AS I SEE IT basic mechanic things in a game to be.

DeletedUser

If there was a toggle to turn this on or off id have no problem with it, but i do not want my trades auto accepted myself.