• Dear forum reader,

To actively participate on the forum by joining discussions or starting your own threads or topics, you need a game account and to REGISTER HERE!

New Game Features Artifact Fragments

Jackluyt

Artifact Fragments

I believe there is an unhappy defect in the current system of evolving buildings.
  • At present one can easily make six or seven of the artifacts required to evolve an event grand prize building; another two are usually offered in an FA following immediately after the event, so most players can evolve to level 9 or 10.
    This is not ideal, because it ties us into having more FA's per year than the four that many players would be comfortable with - and it offers artifacts as prizes in FA's which many players don't want because they are not going to place the building.
    This makes the FA less popular to many people who want special prizes that they can use
    :)

• Having artifacts as prizes in the Spire of Eternity also prevents the designers from offering other prizes that everyone would want.

• We all have dozens of artifacts cluttering our inventory, keeping them just in case the designers find some future use for them - like a conversion option to another kind of artifact - or perhaps even an 'universal artifact' one day.
    The designers are not keen to introduce Universal Artifacts because that makes fully-evolved prize buildings too 'cheap' - and that would upset the players who used real money to evolve theirs...

• At present, the designers offer as crafting recipes the rare, powerful vintage buildings from previous events, like the Phoenixes and the Bears.
    This allows newcomers to the game to collect these powerful buildings - but at present there is no easy way for them to evolve them fully.

Here is my suggestion - 'Artifact Fragments'

160294361_10218807498039152_2919091987264557482_n.jpg

I am hoping they will consider 'Artifact Fragments' in future - little things similar to Rune Shard Fragments, that once could collect in many places like tourny, Spire, FA and events, and perhaps birthday give-aways and log-in bonuses - and when you have enough, you could forge an Universal Artifact for any evolving building you chose.

I think 'Artifact Fragments' would really work well! You could also break up unwanted Artifacts in your store to declutter, and make them into fragments.

I do hope the designers consider my idea! They do not want Artifacts to be common or cheap - this way they could control how many fragments would make one artifact, preserving rarity value - and everyone would be happy. We would also not need as many FA's - because we would now have another source of Artifacts to complete our event buildings. And even if it took months to collect enough - as many as one or two hundred - everyone would eventually be able to fully evolve all their special buildings!!

Giving fragments in the Bonus Tournament Chests would make them more attractive - at present they only give1 Knowledge Point and 1 RR Spell - which makes them pretty ordinary. Giving a few fragments would make the bonus chest so much more attractive!
The same applies to Fellowship Adventures which are far from universally popular, with many players hating them. Give one fragment for every waypoint that a fellowship completes would do a lot, I believe, to make FA's more popular. And if we had fewer FA's because of the new system, the designers could bring back the crafting challenges with fragments as prizes, or some new more powerful mini-event between the big ones, alternating with FA's.

Artifact fragments would make Evolving Buildings a more popular option too - many players like myself seldom place these - which is a pity, given all the work the designers put into creating these!

I do hope this idea will be passed on to the designers for consideration!!
:):)

Last edited:

Brummbaer

I think it is NOT a good idea.
This "Bonus from tournament" gives again those additional advantage (Having (x times) Fire Phoenix or bears).

I will vote NO

Legman65

Artifact Fragments

I believe there is an unhappy defect in the current system of evolving buildings.
  • At present one can easily make six or seven of the artifacts required to evolve an event grand prize building; another two are usually offered in an FA following immediately after the event, so most players can evolve to level 9 or 10.
    This is not ideal, because it ties us into having more FA's per year than the four that many players would be comfortable with - and it offers artifacts as prizes in FA's which many players don't want because they are not going to place the building.
    This makes the FA less popular to many people who want special prizes that they can use

• Having artifacts as prizes in the Spire of Eternity also prevents the designers from offering other prizes that everyone would want.

• We all have dozens of artifacts cluttering our inventory, keeping them just in case the designers find some future use for them - like a conversion option to another kind of artifact - or perhaps even an 'universal artifact' one day.
    The designers are not keen to introduce Universal Artifacts because that makes fully-evolved prize buildings too 'cheap' - and that would upset the players who used real money to evolve theirs...

• At present, the designers offer as crafting recipes the rare, powerful vintage buildings from previous events, like the Phoenixes and the Bears.
    This allows newcomers to the game to collect these powerful buildings - but at present there is no easy way for them to evolve them fully.

Here is my suggestion - 'Artifact Fragments'

160294361_10218807498039152_2919091987264557482_n.jpg

I am hoping they will consider 'Artifact Fragments' in future - little things similar to Rune Shard Fragments, that once could collect in many places like tourny, Spire, FA and events, and perhaps birthday give-aways and log-in bonuses - and when you have enough, you could forge an Universal Artifact for any evolving building you chose.

I think 'Artifact Fragments' would really work well! You could also break up unwanted Artifacts in your store to declutter, and make them into fragments.

I do hope the designers consider my idea! They do not want Artifacts to be common or cheap - this way they could control how many fragments would make one artifact, preserving rarity value - and everyone would be happy. We would also not need as many FA's - because we would now have another source of Artifacts to complete our event buildings. And even if it took months to collect enough - as many as one or two hundred - everyone would eventually be able to fully evolve all their special buildings!!

Giving fragments in the Bonus Tournament Chests would make them more attractive - at present they only give1 Knowledge Point and 1 RR Spell - which makes them pretty ordinary. Giving a few fragments would make the bonus chest so much more attractive!
The same applies to Fellowship Adventures which are far from universally popular, with many players hating them. Give one fragment for every waypoint that a fellowship completes would do a lot, I believe, to make FA's more popular. And if we had fewer FA's because of the new system, the designers could bring back the crafting challenges with fragments as prizes, or some new more powerful mini-event between the big ones, alternating with FA's.

Artifact fragments would make Evolving Buildings a more popular option too - many players like myself seldom place these - which is a pity, given all the work the designers put into creating these!

I do hope this idea will be passed on to the designers for consideration!!
:):)
I agree and think they should let us make them in academy with scroll fragments only since most of us have 10000's of these that we could never use up with how many more we get in spire each week. For some of us don't have the lucky spoon like others that win building and other things but only win more scroll fragments which they really don't need.

SoggyShorts

For the FA:
The current FA gives 2 artifacts.
The FA has 54 regular spots, 18 tri-color spots, plus 3 starting flags.
  • 5 AF per tri-color
  • 2 AF per regular spot
  • 1 AF per flag
Gives you 201 Artifact Fragments
Doing just one path each stage would give 67 AF which is a lower reward, but
There would actually be a reason to do more than 1 path!

For the Spire:
The current spire gives ~5.5 artifacts per 6-week run
  • 1 AF per encounter
  • 2 AF per gate
  • 3 AF per boss
  • 2 AF per FS gate
Gives you 63 Artifact Fragments +24 from FS rewards for 5.22 Artifacts per 6-week run in a Gold Spire FS.

For the tournament:
  • 1 AF per chest?
  • 1 AF per Royal Restoration?
I don't really have an opinion on AF in the tournament as I feel it's pretty well balanced already

Last edited:

Jackluyt

I doubt if the developers are going to fall for the 100 AF = 1 Universal Artifact suggestion; that would mean with the figures that have been discussed above that one could craft one or two Universal Artifacts from a single FA.
Then my Artifact Fragment idea would become just another way for us to wangle ourselves Universal Artifacts - which the designers say they are strongly opposed to and will not consider!
That is why I suggested giving lots of them all over the place in all the side events; when you had collected several hundred (designers will decide the exchange rate) - then you can craft an artifact for your building of choice.
I think if it took you several months to collect enough, the designers might consider it. They are unlikely to allow 'instant artifact creation' - it will cheapen the evolving buildings that some players pay real money to evolve.

Earwen1

In events, like the Phoenix event that we're having right now, these Artefact Fragments could be added at random to reward chests. Just like rune fragments are added to rewards, sometimes.

SoggyShorts

I doubt if the developers are going to fall for the 100 AF = 1 Universal Artifact suggestion; that would mean with the figures that have been discussed above that one could craft one or two Universal Artifacts from a single FA.
I don't understand, right now the FA gives 2 full artifacts for doing just 1 path on each stage, how would giving 2 UA for 300% of the effort be too generous?
Perhaps it wasn't clear that the AF would be instead of regular artifacts in the FA?

Last edited:

SoggyShorts

If they consider UA 3x times more valuable - that's good equation. If more - it's generous.
Exactly, and if even at 300% of effort it's seen as too generous the
  • 5 AF per tri-color
  • 2 AF per regular spot
  • 1 AF per flag
Is super easy to adjust by either making it 3,2,1 or even putting non-AF prizes in some spots like a little timer or a few KP.
With a 100:1 ratio, the developers can make almost any amount of AF available that they want to instead of the current "one or nothing" option we have now.

Jaxom

I currently have 91 unused building artifacts.
I have 16 pages of non-placed buildings in my inventory,
And I have 226K in spell fragments.

Something needs to be done to let me use up these things. I simply have no way to utilize this stuff.

Any suggestion would be better than the current mess.

Jaxom

Even these devs could not find a 'bad' way to short my spell fragments. If I could burn/delete them I would. They will NOT stop coming in the Spire.

Lovec Krys

They will NOT stop coming in the Spire.
Are you so sure?
They might feel the urge to change them to 1 relic or something like that someday.
I can even imagine them to completely ruin Spire (imagine getting 1 barracks light melee squads/1 relic/1 broken shard, 1 diamond(from boss) and a nice avatar from final boss and similar FS rewards).