• Dear forum reader,

To actively participate on the forum by joining discussions or starting your own threads or topics, you need a game account and to REGISTER HERE!

New Game Features Artifact Fragments

CrazyWizard

Where is the poll to vote though?

A poll only makes sense if it's an idea the devs would be considering.
I think the idea got shot down like 100.000 times on many forums the past long time.

comming up with the same idea in 1000 variants doesn't change that ;)

Enevhar Aldarion

I think the idea got shot down like 100.000 times on many forums the past long time.

Especially since the folks at Inno keep saying they would not do anything like a universal or generic artifact, and probably nothing that directly resembles one either, like artifact fragments. If someone can come up with a system that does not take this route, maybe they would listen. Plus, with the Phoenix event, they have now shown they are willing to put a recipe in crafting to make artifacts that does not require other artifacts to craft. They are sort of showing us that the blueprint can be the "universal" element needed. Or for people with no blueprints, 900 diamonds at 300 per missing blueprint. This also may mean more diamond sales for them. Of course, with 14 different artifacts in the game now, and more coming, we do not want all those recipes crammed into the MA at one time. Maybe it is time for a level 6 for the MA, which opens a 6th slot that only has these 14+ artifacts recipes. That means more diamonds for Inno to upgrade the MA again and more diamonds for the recipes when someone does not have the blueprints. Inno could even make the Pet building artifacts need 5 blueprints and the other evolving buildings need 3, and most people would be happy with that.

CrazyWizard

Yeah that was my point,

This is "just another" universal artefact but packaged in a blue box instead of a yellow one.

Lovec Krys

They also said, that there would be no teleport.
And it doesn't matter if we vote or not - they don't care about our opinion anyway.
If they want a way to get artefacts besides Spire rotation the'll implement it in some way, otherwise not.

Enevhar Aldarion

They also said, that there would be no teleport.
And it doesn't matter if we vote or not - they don't care about our opinion anyway.
If they want a way to get artefacts besides Spire rotation the'll implement it in some way, otherwise not.

No, they said there would never be unlimited storage. The Teleport is a compromise between nothing and everything, and it is a fairly poor compromise if you have no luck in the Spire or you do not like the Spire and don't go into it much. And the recipe for 3 blueprints and fragments is their compromise. Making it temporary for the event may just be a test.

Enevhar Aldarion

Really? As I remember it one of the things that they said was that we wouldn't have what FoE has which as I understand it is exactly the teleport spell.

US forum - Ideas and Suggestions Forum Guide, from March 3, 2020:

• Storing Buildings - Players can utilize the Teleport Spell, available through the Spire, to gain the ability to store buildings. There will not be a feature outside of the spell to store buildings.

And before that, whenever players asked to be able to store there entire city to rearrange it, the devs kept saying there would never be any storage options at all.

SoggyShorts

Yup, that's how I remember it with a half dozen Q&A sessions too where they shot down the FoE teleports at least once iirc.
The point is that there's no contract and inno can and does change long-standing policies on a whim.

ekarat

I think you have to look at the reasons stated for their policy (whether or not you agree).

Any suggestion counter to that policy needs to address the stated reasons for the policy.

Very expensive / slow artifact fragments do prevent the devaluation of event effort.
The worst suggestions are the ones that allow someone to get the base and instantly get to level 10 without participating further.
So, the process does need to be slow and expensive.

How slow and how expensive? Not my call.

SoggyShorts

I think you have to look at the reasons stated for their policy
Exactly.
Inno has stated "no universal" because that's too easy/ powerful.
BUT
obviously 1/100th of a universal can't be considered too powerful.

So, this idea is not dead in the water, but rather just a question of balance: where (between 1 and 100) is appropriate according to inno.
Personally, I think that giving 20-30% fewer artifacts but making them universal is a reasonable trade-off. As is requiring a FS to complete the FA 100% instead of 33% to get 2 universals.
Note that the majority of artifacts would remain unchanged as they are won during events.

Enevhar Aldarion

So, this idea is not dead in the water, but rather just a question of balance: where (between 1 and 100) is appropriate according to inno.
Personally, I think that giving 20-30% fewer artifacts but making them universal is a reasonable trade-off. As is requiring a FS to complete the FA 100% instead of 33% to get 2 universals.
Note that the majority of artifacts would remain unchanged as they are won during events.

There are two things to work with. Inno says an artifact is worth 2000 normal spell fragments, and a recipe that does not require other artifacts to create uses 3 blueprints and 10,000 spell fragments, or the equivalent of 5 artifacts. Can we take those 2000 fragments and make them a new material you call artifact fragments instead. Then, would the easiest thing just be a separate slot in the MA, or a separate building, where you take your artifact fragments and blueprints, or diamonds if no blueprints, and craft artifacts you need. No universal stuff to screw with the code. No cheap artifacts to make it easy to max a new evolving building. Making the fragments something other than the normal spell fragments would also stop players who have hundreds of thousands of fragments and dozens of blueprints from cranking out a bunch of cheap artifacts too.

Arthus

Strange, we are obligated on live forums to make a poll for topic to even be considered.
Without poll topic is closed

Enevhar Aldarion

Strange, we are obligated on live forums to make a poll for topic to even be considered.
Without poll topic is closed

Not on the US forum. Only the mods and CM can add an official poll to a suggestion thread, and only after the poster has gotten enough comments to make the opening post as clear and focused as possible.

CrazyWizard

Not on the US forum. Only the mods and CM can add an official poll to a suggestion thread, and only after the poster has gotten enough comments to make the opening post as clear and focused as possible.
Same on all the forums I follow.
Otherwise it would make no sense, it would be riddled with ideas like,
  • I want X but with zero effort
  • I want everyting for free.
most ideas follow in the 2 categories above and are just pointless.
creating polls without the intention to even look at it would be extremely misleading.
Ideas that make sense are polled and if successfull forwarded, looked at and often enough implemented in some shape or form.
even ideas rejected here made it, because it got accepted on another forum and where forwarded there.

Arthus

I like the idea of artifact fragments, but i still think that it should be connected to the "spire shop" which should also offer time-limited 4th negotiation round in spire, like FOE. This was a VERY good idea that wasn't implemented with the Spire equivalent from FOE.

Also there are other problems:
- that some evolving buildings are just much better than others and artifacts are not equal.

- that 2nd base can't be crafted so if someone got 2nd one in event he's in advantage. Allowing to have 2nd building but not 3rd would equalize 99% of players, because there is very, very small ammount of evolution buildings that were allowed in higher quantity
(famous Sirens and Bears cases with 4-11 sirens and 6-24 bears in one event, which was not the fault of players of course).

Last edited:

Enevhar Aldarion

Can you expand on this?
  • is it a whole 4th floor?
  • How is it "time-limited" differently than the rest of the spire?
  • Is it negotiation only?

I think he means a fourth try at guessing the goods in an encounter without having to pay 25 diamonds. I have heard that FoE has ways to do this.

CrazyWizard

I think he means a fourth try at guessing the goods in an encounter without having to pay 25 diamonds. I have heard that FoE has ways to do this.
Doesn't FoE have way more types of goods to be used?

With 4 turns you get a near 100% correct rate even at 7/8 goods
It's very rare you do not have the answer in the 4th try and of those cases is't pretty much always a 50/50 with 1 good.

If we would get a 4th turn, I am pretty sure they add something else in the mix to counteract that 4th turn.