• Dear forum reader,

To actively participate on the forum by joining discussions or starting your own threads or topics, you need a game account and to REGISTER HERE!

Answered Armories Question

• Thread starter DeletedUser1877
  • Start date

DeletedUser1877

Is there any advantage to having many large armories, or will 1 or 2 suffice?

SoggyShorts

If you want to run your barracks 24/7, you just need enough to queue troops for the times you are offline. This number depends on your barracks/training grounds/merc camp level.
If you are in chapter 8+ and have no chapter 8+ orc nests, you need 2 at least.
Edit: I had 1 city with 2 at level 23 through orcs, and the other with 2 at L20. Both had plenty for running 4-7 rally points, but struggled and are lagging behind with workshop upgrades. Neither needed orcs for negotiating or catering as I'm still in the GZ.

Last edited:

Lissona

I'm in chapter 10 and for me(!) one armory is enough to have the orcs for catering provinces. I still produce more than I need for this purpose - so I have orcs left for upgrading my workshops. And yes, I have the wonder (and the event building in the inventory) which produces orcs, but I wouldn't need it at the moment.

SoggyShorts

Edited my original post.
@Lissona Did you have just the one armory through chapters 8-10? How many workshops do you run, and didn't you have a hard time with upgrades?

Lissona

Just had a look at my old city plans - I was running the orc chapter with 2 armories. But I only had 3 Rally Points. So there was enough left for upgrading the 15 workshops (which of course took some time, but mainly because of problems with gold, there were enough other buildings requiring my builders - same happens now in chapter 10). I think I had 2 armories in chapter 9, too. Just deleted the second one two or three weeks before.

Regarding workshops: with all the changes to the AWs recently, I think of tearing down a lot of my workshops and replacing them with the new wonders. If the wonders would have been that way in C8/C9, perhaps replacing and reducing the orcs required would have been an option for me in these chapters already.

SoggyShorts

I was running the orc chapter with 2 armories. ....... upgrading the 15 workshops
Just ran some quick numbers, and to make enough loot/dung/armaments you'd need about 23,000 orcs, and to upgrade 15 workshops is about 54,000 orcs.
A level 23 armory on 12h productions makes 720/day, so with 2 you'd need 54 days to make enough orcs for all techs and upgrades. Sounds about perfect to me.
For your workshops to go from 21 to 23 would be another 48 days, and for S&D 60 days.

So as far as I can tell, 2 level 23 armories should be perfect all the way from orcs to the end of S&D--especially if you have less than 15 workshops:D