• Dear forum reader,

To actively participate on the forum by joining discussions or starting your own threads or topics, you need a game account and to REGISTER HERE!

New Game Features Archive use tweak for the spire (and the tournament?)

ayvinul

Let's face it, most of us are in it for the bronze/silver/gold rewards.
Admittedly, the tournament bigger reward is the magic plan.

One big issue with the archive for the spire is that, no matter how large you set it, it takes forever to fill. Let's talk numbers.

Let's say you have the spire perk and the tournament perk at comparable levels, that translates to 12500 capacity for the tournament and 300 for the spire.

Now, if we validate the 10th chest, we can fill the tournament archive by up to 10000 points, so 80%, in one go.

Compare the spire: laboratory is 520 points, next threshold at 690, so it's only 56% in one go.

That's actually a sizeable difference.

I would like a mechanism to adjust the archive use, possibly only available to the archmage. Specifically, get a choice of validating the next goal, or manually adding some points to the archive (possibly disable it for the "high prizes" like silver spire or 10 chest tournaments).

That way, you could secure the big goal (spire silver) AND fill the archive up to 100% (or at least 80% like the tournament) in one go.

I suspect that specific issue is even more dire for fellowships with higher perks.

This would be a boon for fellowship with sporadic participation over the summer holidays.

Karvest

300 points = 22.5% of full spire or 57.7% of silver, 12.5k points = 7.5% of full tourney or 31.25% of 10 chests.
Yes, you can fill tourney archive faster, but it gives less effect.
169 points you can save after reaching silver = 32.7% of that silver, 9999 points you can save after reaching 10 chests = 25% of that 10 chests.
So the difference actually favors spire archive.=)

Bor de Wolf 1965

I am on my life account in the spire only for the time boosters and the spell fragments.
Everything else is just a bonus to me.
I can live without the bronze, silver or gold rewards.
I have other ways to get what they deliver.

ayvinul

I disagree. Your conclusion is based on... ???
Gee, I don't know, most people I play with like getting diamonds and buying premium expansions with them.
I'm basic my conclusion on a random sample of roughly 70 people I play with regularly in 3 fellowships, who tend to agree with me for most of them.

Dorfl the Clay

Gee, I don't know,
Just a guess then... I just wanted to point out that even though (most of the players in) the group(s) around you think the same, that doesn't mean much and proves nothing.. Everybody has a tendency to choose people around themselves that think more or less the same way as they do. Not all players have the same preferences, goals and or ideas, nor do all great minds think alike ;) ;) ;)

Last edited:

Karvest

I climb the spire mostly for time boosters, DAs and crafting resources, but gold reward is a good bonus on top of them. (I don't like buying expansions, since their last tourney formula I'd better sell some. But I like to have a good stash of diamonds to be able to get something really neat from event when/if it will appear.)