• Dear forum reader,

To actively participate on the forum by joining discussions or starting your own threads or topics, you need a game account and to REGISTER HERE!

City Ancient Wonder Points

DeletedUser

Wonders are currently the only building that you get the points, after it's been upgraded. Can this please be reversed to match all other building upgrades, with receiving the points when the upgrade starts?

Heymrdiedier

im pretty sure thats not possible, 'normal buildings' give you 1 rankingpoints per culture/population used. You loose that population and culture as soon as you start the upgrade, not when its finished.

In the case of wonders you dont use (loose) knowledgepoints when you upgrade, thats why they originally didnt give you any rankingpoints in the first place. After popular request they decide to give them rankingpoints, by giving each wonder a certain amount of ranking points at each level. They matched that amount of points to the amount of needed KP, but that could have been something else they chose, could as well have been 100 points per level. so they cant give you points untill the building finished upgrading becuasee you still have the wonder of the previous level in your city till its finished.
I think the other way around (normal buildings only giving points after its finished) is more plausable solution, but i dont think they want to put that much effort for changing the ranking points for each building by fixed ranking points on each level instead of calculating it on the fly on cult/pop used.

Also im pretty sure this question/suggestion has been made in the past....

DeletedUser

So it's reversed because you don't get the gain until it's completed and that it doesn't use pop and culture? Doesn't make a whole lot of sense to me because you don't get the gain of higher population from residences or higher factory goods until it's finished but you get the points.