• Dear forum reader,

To actively participate on the forum by joining discussions or starting your own threads or topics, you need a game account and to REGISTER HERE!

Quests An idea on how to remove quests from the FA (PASSIVE buildings)

SoggyShorts

Summary:
Instead of making productions to complete quests to get badges, we could add new FA buildings that produce badges directly.

Description:
Add 10 new buildings to the game (it sounds like a lot, but a simple reskin/color of a workshop should be easy enough)
The buildings passively produce badges (like how a residence makes coins, but without the early collect option)

2x2 10s construction time
makes 1 Dwarven brew badge every 5 minutes, waits to be collected.
obviously the spots on the map would have to reflect that you now make this badge 50x faster

2x4 10s construction time
makes 1 necklace badge every 9h, waits to be collected.
obviously the spots on the map would have to reflect that you now make this badge 3x faster

Pros:
  • Removes the quest system from the FA
  • Removes the need to set productions
  • Adds a more cooperative element and organization to the FA as players can discuss and place those buildings that suit their activity.
  • Spots on the map would now look like 150 dwarven needed instead of 3 (but you make them 50x as fast), so players could more easily "split" the work of completing a spot.
  • Greatly reduces the risk of leaving a FS member behind since everyone is effectively making loads of badge pieces and is able to insert partial badges.
  • Evens the playing field a bit between players with fewer normal factories/workshops and those that normally run many.
  • Opens up possibilities for the quest givers for daily quests, and/or an actual questline with things like "Gain XXXX coins" rewards Y badge.

Cons:
  • Not sure how to work the new spell badges into this(ideas are most welcome)
  • You can't use your existing buildings to make badges, so you must place new buildings to participate. This is a biggie, but but I figure almost everyone who is currently successful in the FA is already placing some extra buildings anyways.

Credit to @Dony from beta for the original concept

DeletedUser1739

Although nice, this IS does it really have a chance to be raised or only accepted?
Do you really think the devs agree to make it easy for us?
Do we really agree that this should be simplified as well?
I do not think so.
Myself, I am rather mitigated vis-à-vis this proposal that simplifies too much adventures.

SoggyShorts

Although nice, this IS does it really have a chance to be raised or only accepted?
Like the other 2 ideas I posted, none of them will be implemented exactly as suggested.

The idea is to give the developers something to think about since supposedly they are working on a whole new quest system.

DeletedUser2326

Summary:
Instead of making productions to complete quests to get badges, we could add new FA buildings that produce badges directly.

Description:
Add 10 new buildings to the game (it sounds like a lot, but a simple reskin/color of a workshop should be easy enough)
The buildings passively produce badges (like how a residence makes coins, but without the early collect option)

2x2 10s construction time
makes 1 Dwarven brew badge every 5 minutes, waits to be collected.
obviously the spots on the map would have to reflect that you now make this badge 50x faster

2x4 10s construction time
makes 1 necklace badge every 9h, waits to be collected.
obviously the spots on the map would have to reflect that you now make this badge 3x faster

Pros:
  • Removes the quest system from the FA
  • Removes the need to set productions
  • Adds a more cooperative element and organization to the FA as players can discuss and place those buildings that suit their activity.
  • Spots on the map would now look like 150 dwarven needed instead of 3 (but you make them 50x as fast), so players could more easily "split" the work of completing a spot.
  • Greatly reduces the risk of leaving a FS member behind since everyone is effectively making loads of badge pieces and is able to insert partial badges.
  • Evens the playing field a bit between players with fewer normal factories/workshops and those that normally run many.
  • Opens up possibilities for the quest givers for daily quests, and/or an actual questline with things like "Gain XXXX coins" rewards Y badge.

Cons:
  • Not sure how to work the new spell badges into this(ideas are most welcome)
  • You can't use your existing buildings to make badges, so you must place new buildings to participate. This is a biggie, but but I figure almost everyone who is currently successful in the FA is already placing some extra buildings anyways.

Credit to @Dony from beta for the original concept

One more con - many players have no room for extra buildings. Some can't even update or add guest races for lack of space.

SoggyShorts

One more con - many players have no room for extra buildings. Some can't even update or add guest races for lack of space.
Are players with zero space successful in any event though? I mean zero. Can't fit a couple of 2x2 buildings for 6 days.
Unless your city is 100% diamond purchased buildings, you can always make some room by nuking 1 big culture building. Even then, you could delete some roads and bunch up a few residences off road together to fit a 2x2 building.

More to the point, if your city can't fit a couple of 2x2 buildings, what good is a prize you can't place anyways?;)

DeletedUser2326

Are players with zero space successful in any event though? I mean zero. Can't fit a couple of 2x2 buildings for 6 days.
Unless your city is 100% diamond purchased buildings, you can always make some room by nuking 1 big culture building. Even then, you could delete some roads and bunch up a few residences off road together to fit a 2x2 building.

More to the point, if your city can't fit a couple of 2x2 buildings, what good is a prize you can't place anyways?;)

Some of my cities still have prizes from previous events in inventory waiting to be put out. Yes, they can contribute to events. If nothing else, they do the workshop quests. These people don't want to have to sell things in order to make room. They are frustrated already. I don't want them to quit.

Why not put in a second option? Let them have a choice of the old way or the new way. Yes, I know it would be complicated as all get out. I used to do some programming. I just hate to see people get frustrated to the point of quitting. I have two grandsons with scores close to 200k that are about to quit because they can't find room for the sorcerers buildings.