• Dear forum reader,

To actively participate on the forum by joining discussions or starting your own threads or topics, you need a game account and to REGISTER HERE!

Quests An idea on how to remove quest from FA (ACTIVE buildings)

SoggyShorts

Summary:
Instead of making productions to complete quests to get badges, we could add new FA buildings that produce badges directly.

Description:
Add 2 new buildings to the game
The buildings are set just like a workshop or factory is now, but make badges instead.

FA WS.jpg
The building that makes workshop badges as in the picture above is 2x2, and the factory badge maker should be 2x4 to reflect a set of tier 1 buildings.

Pros:
  • Removes the quest system from the FA
  • Evens the playing field a bit between players with fewer normal factories/workshops and those that normally run many.
  • Leaves your normal factories available to produce however you like.
  • Opens up possibilities for the quest givers for daily quests, and/or an actual questline with things like "Gain XXXX coins" rewards Y badge.

Cons:
  • Not sure how to work the new spell badges into this(ideas are most welcome)
  • You can't use your existing buildings to make badges, so you must place new buildings to participate. This is a biggie, but but I figure almost everyone who is currently successful in the FA is already placing some extra buildings anyways.

Credit to @Dony from beta for the original concept

DeletedUser2326

Again, those who have no room for the extra buildings and can not even move forward due to lack of space, would be left out. :(

SoggyShorts

Again, those who have no room for the extra buildings and can not even move forward due to lack of space, would be left out. :(
I don't really believe there are any players that can't fit two 2x2 buildings if they wanted to. Absolute worst case scenario they have 100% diamond buildings they can't delete- even then they can delete roads and squish residences together for 6 days.
And how many players have 100% premium buildings? 10? Maybe 20 per server?

DeletedUser2326

I don't really believe there are any players that can't fit two 2x2 buildings if they wanted to. Absolute worst case scenario they have 100% diamond buildings they can't delete- even then they can delete roads and squish residences together for 6 days.
And how many players have 100% premium buildings? 10? Maybe 20 per server?

Take a look at Ryona in Winyandor. I don't remember which chapter she's on, but she has no room to move forward. See if you have suggestions for her.

SoggyShorts

Take a look at Ryona in Winyandor. I don't remember which chapter she's on, but she has no room to move forward. See if you have suggestions for her.
This is her current city:
http://www.elvenarchitect.com/city/planner/cef6f22001534e6687d167ceea8ff28b/
I can only guess at her playstyle, but since she has a level 6 needles, and the minimum number of expansions for her chapter, I assume she is fighting or fighting with catering, so she shouldn't need all of those factories.

At first glance I would say she should
  • Have her scout out 24/7
  • remove 2 or 3 planks
  • remove 2 silks and upgrade the rest
  • remove the wayfarers tavern
That would give her about 5 expansions of empty space, and drops her culture needs down so she can remove the pond of recreation, freeing up another entire expansion

Next I'd need to know what wonders she has runes for, and she should trade 1 workshop for each of the ToS, EE, and PT that she can.
Each one of those is better at making supplies than a workshop is, even at level 1. This will also allow her to remove 1 residence per workshop that is replaced, freeing up more space.

If she wants, I can redesign her city so that she can at least double her guest race space. If so, let me know in a message.

DeletedUser2326

This is her current city:
http://www.elvenarchitect.com/city/planner/cef6f22001534e6687d167ceea8ff28b/
I can only guess at her playstyle, but since she has a level 6 needles, and the minimum number of expansions for her chapter, I assume she is fighting or fighting with catering, so she shouldn't need all of those factories.

At first glance I would say she should
  • Have her scout out 24/7
  • remove 2 or 3 planks
  • remove 2 silks and upgrade the rest
  • remove the wayfarers tavern
That would give her about 5 expansions of empty space, and drops her culture needs down so she can remove the pond of recreation, freeing up another entire expansion

Next I'd need to know what wonders she has runes for, and she should trade 1 workshop for each of the ToS, EE, and PT that she can.
Each one of those is better at making supplies than a workshop is, even at level 1. This will also allow her to remove 1 residence per workshop that is replaced, freeing up more space.

If she wants, I can redesign her city so that she can at least double her guest race space. If so, let me know in a message.

I'll give her your message. If she doesn't take the offer, she's nuts.

@SoggyShorts I started a conversation on this, with you, of course. :)

Last edited by a moderator:

edeba

Seriously, if they could do two buildings and put the workshops and tier 1 badge collections tied to the buildings and leave the rest of the quests as they are the scrolling would be massively reduced and in the acceptable range. There would only be 6 other badges and they are far more limited in how many you make at once and I think I would find the current quest system fine for just these 6 badges.

You are thinking make these exclusive for badge collection and take our other buildings out of the equation and I am thinking keep the way the badges work the same, as in 50 beverage for a dwarven, but make the 2x2 building the interface for collection and let it collect and hold everything we collect and either the badges automatically appear for collection when we've collected enough, or make us open it manually and collect...

A workshop badge interface building and a manufactury badge interface building would be sweet.