• Dear forum reader,

To actively participate on the forum by joining discussions or starting your own threads or topics, you need a game account and to REGISTER HERE!

amounts of granite and copper

DeletedUser762

I am all for being patient with this game, but I think the amount of granite and copper needed to unlock the tech is ridiculous. I mean come on - 75 thousand for main Hall? 28 K for dancers promotion? 25 for copper foundry? and plus you need to up-grade with the amounts of granite and copper and build with them. I think this is over-kill to be honest. I have 10 granite at level 2 and it is still painfully slow. It's just getting really boring now. Plus you are lucky if you sit at home and click on them all the time because they only have 6 hour production spun. well I don't have this option, so even longer for me.

DeletedUser1231

Hello mistique

I find on the contrary rather good this important granite demand.
It obliges us to think a little to put a lot of building(ship) according to our progress on the tech tree.
More it avoids us ending the tech tree in the 1 day as on foe for example.
I went(took) up little by little my granite buildings and I have now 12 of it at the level 4 what brings back to me 25 000 granite a day by connecting me 2 or 3 times a day.

With the patient and the perseverance you will arrive there, keeps hope.

DeletedUser762

mb you are right benroq. But I have never rushed the game. On the contrary i am very patient. But now it's like "row, row row your boat...". Obviously when I up-grade to level 4 would be easier, but it needs copper, which is another nightmare and yet more and more granite. so, can't research further. mb i should scrap the whole city just build granite plus copper.

DeletedUser1314

The game is all about the resources you create. If you dont have enough of one of them you need to redesign your city. :)

DeletedUser283

indeed yes :)
yesterday I was afraid I would not have enough granite in stock to activate the Ancient Grounds, so I simply stopped upgrading my 12 lvl 3 granite mines and my 5 lvl 2 & 3 copper foundries, and today behold ! I already have enough granite for this research and I am getting close to enough copper too, which means I will also be able to unlock an expansion and the sword dancer promotion in due time :D
... and keep upgrading everything;
I will be cool when the whole lot is lvl 4 ;)

DeletedUser

Before upgrading "too much" look at the cost in granite and copper, for the granite and copper mines, and se what your gain is for upgrading from lvl 3 to 4, then figure out how much time it would take you just to make that granite/copper again.
If you can empty your mines every 8 hours, or almost do that, then upgrading to lvl 4 would not be smart imo.
Your gain from upgrading a granite mine from lvl 3 to 4 is 12 granite an hour, but it cost 5.300 granite to do that (and some copper) to regain the 5.300 granite you need to run the granite mine for 441 hours, (compared to just keeping the lvl 3 mine)
just saying :)

DeletedUser762

so, the optimal level is level 3 for granite? (for now) and for copper? is it level 2? yes, i was thinking it too how long am i going to upgrading for? but tbh. guys, it is still an over-kill - 75K for main hall or like 9o k. dont get me wrong, i love the game, but it is getting a little tiresome, to watch them smashing the rock every day with a little progress. But remember, in previous levels, they also put too many goods for unlocking, then they reduced it in half. Mb they are testing our patience again, hehe, to see if we break down and a/ start buying diamonds, b/. leave the game. c/. start crying and banging our heads against the wall ;):eek::p

DeletedUser283

the way I envision this game, there is no"optimal level" for a building
this is an upgrade-based city-builder, so the best level is the top level, period

DeletedUser778

Since granite and copper are only temporary I think it more depends on how much space you can dedicate for the production.
I was going through the tech with 20 lvl 3 granite mines, 7 lvl 2 copper- and 4 lvl 1 copper foundrys and it worked quite fine.
Now I upgrade a handfull of both to produce resources for streets and sell the rest later ^^

DeletedUser

From the perspective of one who completed the Dwarven level some time ago in Arendyll:

If you ever spend any actual $ on the game, granite and copper are the one of the best uses, as they're relatively inexpensive for subsidizing the upgrades. There is a definite benefit to moving quickly through this section because:

1) you can build a Dwarven Wonder instead of an Elven/Human one. The benefits are much better!
2) you can get into a time of "double declinable" quests. The additional coin/supplies allow for easy scouting and military buildup.

The non-declinable quests come to an end after researching the Dwarven Wonders - even if there are 4+ tech items incomplete on the lower portion of the tree.