• Dear forum reader,

To actively participate on the forum by joining discussions or starting your own threads or topics, you need a game account and to REGISTER HERE!

Amount of farms and field in Halfling

CrazyWizard

Can anybody help me fit in 15 fields in total? (I have 2 unplaced expansions)

If it's not possible without a complete city-makeover, I don't expect you to do that :)
Well, I dont except anything, just hoping for some help :)
(If I have too much mana, feel free to remove some of it)
http://www.elvenarchitect.com/city/planner/5576606162224227b17e054720a96593/

it aint pretty but there you go took me 1 min
http://www.elvenarchitect.com/city/planner/05e97d46fcc446e3a840b0380fdf6cc4/

edit: oh and I just copied pasted fields without looking what is what field and the ratio.

DeletedUser1677

Thank you for your help :D
I hope that others in same problem, might find it helpful too :D

SoggyShorts

the same? based on?
Sorry, I assumed everyone built the max in chapter 10
garbage.png

Last edited:

ophion

@SoggyShorts...seeing your spoiler for the Sorcerers and Dragons layout...I'm pretty sure the bottom row of 4 faculties is not going to work. The first faculty in the series of 4 has to be connected to the main campus by at least 1 square and your diagram isn't showing that it's connecting at all?

Deleted User - 60107

The entire bottom row needs to be moved to the right by one square and then everything will be connected. I believe this is just a minor oversight when making the example, as there's more than enough space for the move.

DeletedUser1767

Just want to thank @CrazyWizard, @shadowblack, @Jasper, @Ritsel, and @SoggyShorts (and also @MissLindell for asking the question). I was having trouble figuring out how to get more than twelve fields, but with your examples to go by I managed to figure out how to get seventeen! :eek:

(Admittedly more than half the battle was realising I was, for some inexplicable reason, trying to do it with ten farms rather than eight, but that little epiphany would still only have got me to fifteen farms.)

DeletedUser1901

On a semi-related note, what are people's thoughts on the tech tree order? Is it best to get the canals and farms going for fertilizer first, or best to get the trader upgraded to collect seeds? It's probably somewhat arbitrary as long as the trader is done before Agriculture tech, but i thought i'd see what people think about it.

Deleted User - 60107

I chose the Trader first because of how many Seeds we need.

I REALLY don't like how expensive (Mana-wise) the Magic Fertilizer is, and we need a LOT of it, since we need to build a lot of Fields, and then we need to upgrade some of them before we can start producing the bread and other things we need for the techs. It's quite obvious I will be tech locked for quite some time.

DeletedUser607

We calculated the farm vs field ratio and came to a schocking discovery
http://crazywizard.info/en/tnt_gr_factories.html

very interesting
so the only advantage of more farms is for those players, who have a job and are not able to log in for 8-10 hours. together with the sleeping time of a similar amount of time, they just can't run 4x 6h a day.

or was that already taken into account, that regular people can just run 2-3 6h productions per day?

Heymrdiedier

very interesting
so the only advantage of more farms is for those players, who have a job and are not able to log in for 8-10 hours. together with the sleeping time of a similar amount of time, they just can't run 4x 6h a day.

or was that already taken into account, that regular people can just run 2-3 6h productions per day?

A rectification of that page is coming soon :)

Im the one who sent my calculations to CW, and i did also find it strange that upgrades of farms were not really needed.
However i could not find my mistake, untill recently.
Upgrading a farm increases input and output, but the portalbonus and blooming traders guild only increases the output.
I accidently added those to the input as well.

So you do need to upgrade the farms a little :)

DeletedUser607

^^^^

so it's similar to the saussages, where the BTG and the campus increased the output, with the silly consequence that 35 (or so) apprentices turned into ~42 students? with the great outcome, that the drop out rate of that university is below zero ;) (maybe it was trump university?)