• Dear forum reader,

To actively participate on the forum by joining discussions or starting your own threads or topics, you need a game account and to REGISTER HERE!

Question Amount of CCs needed n crafting

Mrietha

As the items in Crafting have been changing I seem to be more aware of the cost to craft items.
And it seems more CCs are needed per recipe.
I am not a numbers person. As a result I have not kept track of the actual cost to craft various items.
The items may have cost this much all along and I have not noticied. (Although I doubt it, because I am careful of the amount of CCs I use based on how many I have banked.)

I have twe questions:
1. Has the numbers of CCs required to craft any one item gone up?
2. Does this mean that they have given us Tinulag to help even out the increased costs in the Magic Academy?

Mrietha

While I like Tinlug, I would rather do without if that is the trade-off.
Small and average size cities will not be able to make up the increased costs by using Tinlug especially because he requires Pet Food and does not last the entire Tournament.

Lelanya

Tinlug is one of the super buildings - you know, great if you have one but what happens if you have 5, or 10? I know that the average player will have 1 or 2, but check the top 10 tourneyers in your live realms next month and you will see, why a rebalance was needed.

Mrietha

Yes, I can definitely see that. How they would get more than 2 I'm not sure about. I thought that only 2 were offered.

While it rebalances for those who can afford more, it's just making the game harder for the cities that may not have any, or have one Tinlug partially evolved.

I understand that alot of this is tied up.in Innos finances. They are a business and do need to make a profit. However they need to consider all.levels of players.
For instance they could offer prizes for the pit. Smaller cities may never get there, but the top cities would be willing to pay, in some way, for those prizes.
In the balancing here of prizes and costs, the smaller cities are not paying more to play at a basic level, which they are if you raise crafting prices for everyone just to keep the high achievers in balance.

Lovec Krys

@Lelanya You do realize, that getting to second Tinlung (300), means either extreme luck or paying? And to get 3+ no luck can help you (theoreticaly you can have that much luck (like winning huge amount of money in a lottery)).
And 20k score in tourney is not sustainable for every tournament - soon you would run out of time instants, supply windfalls and UUUs/Armorers. Most players are doing 20k scores in 9 week cycle (1 or 2 times per cycle (and even that might not be sustainable (personal experience with lowering stock of time instants))).
So for vast majority of players this just made crafting more expensive (nerfing mania says hello again).

Deleted User - 101740

More like, they gave us the Tinlug, so as balance is important, they increased costs for crafting.

Some folks on some servers will try to get several, you see.
I was thinking about this last night.

I think you're right in that the increased MA costs are to offset the tinlug advantage. The pinch point comes for those who don't have the space or desire to place this building yet still face increased MA costs.

slide

A 1 CC increase on pet food. So:
  • 1650 spell fragments is now 1650 SF and 1 CC
  • 2 CC and 5 relics is now 3 CC and 5 relics
I've not noticed anything else that has increased, but I do not maintain a complete list.
And is another perfect example of how Inno gives with one hand but takes a little bit more back with the other, "Look look at this lovely evolving building we've given you with which you can get free CC in the tournament!" - "well yes it does need feeding and yes, the pet food feeding won't last the entirety of the tournament, so yes, will need to feed more than one, BUT its still free CC, oh and yes you will find that CC costs in the MA have increased, but have you seen how many extra recipes we've added".

Deleted User - 101740

and now you have to spend more diamonds gambling in MA to get recipes you actually need...
My small cities on live server are noticing the difficulty getting battle buildings. All cities are having to cater more due to this.

Dhurrin

Tinlug is one of the super buildings - you know, great if you have one but what happens if you have 5, or 10? I know that the average player will have 1 or 2, but check the top 10 tourneyers in your live realms next month and you will see, why a rebalance was needed.
The problem is one cannot 'balance' a game just on the achievements of the top 100 players or so, or even the top 10%.
Having2 fully evolved Tinlugs (let alone more) is not achievable for most players. Making maximum use of them by having huge tourney scores each week even less so.
So even if one tries to 'balance' everything on the achievements it basically will mean the 90% of other players are being screwed over. Crafting is already pretty hard on smaller cities. Increasing the needed resources makes that worse.