• Dear forum reader,

To actively participate on the forum by joining discussions or starting your own threads or topics, you need a game account and to REGISTER HERE!

City Allow us to choose which goods to boost

DeletedUser

One thing that I keep on seeing on the forums is the comment "there is no good x in my area, everyone is making the same as me". Why not let us decide which goods get boosted?

It'd add a new strategic element as you would be able to spot an opening in the market and fill it. Maybe have a limit of only allowing the boost to be changed once every 7 days to stop jumping between all.

DeletedUser126

I think thats good idea, and its not like anyone would be switching around anyway, as it costs to much.

DeletedUser

It would also mean i have to build factories for all goods which uses up alot of space, and i don't feel like tearing down a level 6/7 silk factory and replace it with a level 1 crystal factory for example. The market looks better for me now as more players reach tier 2 goods. Some players are simply faster than others.

DeletedUser

I think a automatic weekly switch is not a good idea. If this happend you need all 3 types with the same amount of manufactorys. If you do this, you will never need the help of a neighbour, exept in the first weeks. You produce in the one week the requirement for all three weeks and then the thing starts again.
If you can choose the "right" good, this is good if you have not so much active neighbours. Actually you need one in your area for each good. But it is possible to make deals with the rare neighbour.

DeletedUser

It wouldn't Nosferatu .. you'd just decide to concentrate on 1 good as we do now, but you'd decide which one. Both of the top 2 players are extremely close to me, all of us produce marble & crystal & nobody is selling silk. If I could choose which goods to boost then I'd simply swap over to planks and silk and replace my manufactories. It'd cost a lot of resources to do so, but it'd be better in the long run for me.

DeletedUser

That's what i said. I don't feel like tearing down a level 7 silk factory for a level 1 crystal factory because i'm not getting enough crystals fast enough. The real problem is lack of active neighbours at the moment. I was sitting on my mountain of silk for a long time, and everybody needs crystals in my neighbourhood. Fortunately for me, most of them have scrolls as boosted good, so recently i've been able to trade my silk for crystals. I have to offer twice the amount of silk to get them, but i get 500 of it per 3 hours so that's no problem. I now have more crystals than silk. It is possible to get what you want without swapping your boost. I just hope for you your silk neighbours become more active. Or maybe they should lower the price of the wholesaler so we can get the goods we need from there.

DeletedUser580

I dont like the idea of changeing the boostable goods. I think it was already said before. The problem is the inactive neighbarhood. Maybe we can change it like we had in FoE ... a change in the neighbarhood based on your points. So that T1 Players are in a T1 Players and so on.

DeletedUser205

One thing that I keep on seeing on the forums is the comment "there is no good x in my area, everyone is making the same as me". Why not let us decide which goods get boosted?

It'd add a new strategic element as you would be able to spot an opening in the market and fill it. Maybe have a limit of only allowing the boost to be changed once every 7 days to stop jumping between all.

+1
obviously some people don't like the idea to tear down their higher-level factorys, but if it would be on the basis of decision, nobody must do so, but somebody CAN.
In the researchtree could a "change boost" been provided, to limit the changings.
In the researchtree, the boosts shouldn't be defined to a special good, but as "skill to boost factorys by own selection"

DeletedUser

Maybe this is a good idea. For one thing I would rather have marble boost because the marble buildings look better and secodnly I have more marble relics.