• Dear forum reader,

To actively participate on the forum by joining discussions or starting your own threads or topics, you need a game account and to REGISTER HERE!

Answered All my scoutable provinces are "Hard"

DeletedUser2988

This has not happened to me before on my live city.
Currently in my city here all my scoutable provinces are labeled as hard.

How do I get them to be medium or easy would be even better?

Some things to know:
I am about 3/4 the way through Stage 4. Just finishing the last of the tier 1 superior Manufacturing researches.
Because I prefer to negotiate I have my Barracks at 5 and only 1 armory at 4.

Do either of these make a difference?
Can you scout too far?

Ashrem

This has not happened to me before on my live city.
Currently in my city here all my scoutable provinces are labeled as hard.

How do I get them to be medium or easy would be even better?

Some things to know:
I am about 3/4 the way through Stage 4. Just finishing the last of the tier 1 superior Manufacturing researches.
Because I prefer to negotiate I have my Barracks at 5 and only 1 armory at 4.

Do either of these make a difference?
Can you scout too far?
You might have missed it in your live city. Especially if it's been around a while, we didn't have the coloured easy-hard coding until last year. You might also have taken the optional squad size techs on live, while skipping them on beta?

To get enough provinces completed to get through the tech tree, everyone hits a point in chapters 3-5 where they have nothing but hard provinces for a while. As Dony said, the only thing that changes the difficulty coding is more Squad Size techs.

Sir Squirrel

The advanced scouts at the beginning of each chapter lessens the cost and difficulty of the provinces too. Although this won't help if your in the middle of a chapter. Over scouting is possible and happens to most of us in the early chapters as we want more expansions to build our cities and more neighbours to trade with. I tell my new recruits to try to stay within what they need to open the chest for the next chapter.
With events asking for more and more scout/complete province quests it is even harder now then it used to be to keep from over scouting in early chapters. Once you get to late game chapters this isn't much of a problem.
Researching squad size upgrades will make provinces easier, but will make tournaments more expensive and increase losses of troops there as well. This is why most will skip any squad size upgrade that is not required to continue in the tech tree.

Last edited:

DeletedUser2988

Thank you all. I have heard pieces of this before, but never quite understood it as a whole (except for advanced scouting, which I do get). With each of you presenting it from various perspectives, I think I understand.
In my live city I did complete every tech - thinking that was what you were supposed to do. I had read that not completing squad upgrades kept your negotiations lower , or that is what I understood. I decided to try that here in Beta. The only real change in my strategy other than not fighting at all.
I generally do well with my manufacturing and have great trading partners in my live city. As a result I don't worry about negotiation costs. Here it's been a little different, especially with all the different quests/adventures one after the other. They are much more challenging with a smaller city and it's hard to lower my expectations. Also trading is much more difficult here: not many trades available, most very large and lots of cross- trades.
But I'm wandering. Back to the tech tree!