• Dear forum reader,

To actively participate on the forum by joining discussions or starting your own threads or topics, you need a game account and to REGISTER HERE!

World Map Aid-button on World Map

DeletedUser58

I would prefer THIS (clicky). Not because it's suggested by me, but I think just having quick access to the players is enough. I do not think it's anywhere similar to how FoE works in the neighbor helping aspect --- in Elvenar you can only help with a handful of buildings, you get a very good reward for every visit, and there is no loading lag when going from one city to another (the opposites are true for FoE).

The current issue with low help from neighbors is due to inactive players.

DeletedUser252

I think it would be great to have a friends list, people who you want to help that are near you. That way you can just have a list on the side bar, rather then scrolling over the world map. This might be a good compromise between ThaMartin's idea and Extranjero objections. I think the issue is how it gets rather time consuming to drag the view of the map and to make sure you have all your neighbors visited when you can see a bigger portion of the map. If, however, you have a favorites on the side bar, you would be able to quickly visit the city without having to find it.

I like your idea. I agree that in FoE I get more aid with the button than before, but i also agree, that it's convenient and not necessary if you have a "friend/neightbour list.
When I viste my neightbours through worldmap, I almost lose track of where I was and who is next. And I have only been playing just for a couple of days!

DeletedUser408

+1 similar to FOE, Aid button would generate more activity

DeletedUser

Good idea, and an additionnal thing : a window in your main hall, in which u can choose the aid you need in first, example :

1 - Main Hall
2 - Cultural
3 - Workers

DeletedUser43

http://beta.forum.elvenar.com/index.php?threads/automatic-aid-to-neighbors.699/

---------------

This idea has been forwarded with the comment that not all players agree on this button. It's been forwarded in a group with several other ideas related to giving neighbourly help more quickly: a list of discovered players, a "Next village" button and a mouseover with quick city options.

Here are the links to the other threads:
http://beta.forum.elvenar.com/index.php?threads/list-of-discovered-players-on-the-world-map.105/
http://beta.forum.elvenar.com/index.php?threads/neighbourly-help-faster.1069/
http://beta.forum.elvenar.com/index.php?threads/make-quick-neighborly-help-a-research.1888/

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser408

Super +1, i think on province map just around the players name an icon can be inserted right there, Devs can set it up to do culture 1st highest age and so on. But in conjunction with this is what i mentined in the a re-occuring quest suggestin, Either reduce teh amount or provideor better yet a pop out list for us players to select directly which re-occuring quest to go to next. anything to make player activity quicker the better intersted the players will be to on this game long term, make long and hard people will leave.
After taking 2 weeks from Aiding all my neighbours i just finished doing it again today took 35+ min becuase i need to cancel 30+ quest to get back to the 50K coin 1, So again this is frustrating and does not motivate me to visit or do anything
I think we see the point a system is needed

DeletedUser283

all in all, I am rather in favor of such a feature;
now with experience gathered on FoE, I am very doubtful about how it could come out :
what will happen when I press the Aid button ?
culture, builders, main hall ? (would seem logical)
builders, culture, main hall ? (suboptimal but why not)
builders, main hall, culture ? (will we ever see our culture building being helped ? main hall help looks like a bottomless pit to me : I could help inactive players main hall on a daily basis for weeks :confused: )

on FoE, decorations are polished before large cultural buildings of the same age ....
very bad choice, indeed, which explains my doubts on how developers would set it up; they seem to be totally unaware of how players play the game, and of how the game actually works to some extent ...