• Dear forum reader,

To actively participate on the forum by joining discussions or starting your own threads or topics, you need a game account and to REGISTER HERE!

Duplicate AI in combat, path finding / obstacle bug

DeletedUser

When you fight, the AI may from time to time stay locked in position either because he went forward instead of seeing the obstacle at the end of his path that is protecting range units, or because it want to be "intelligent" and not offer the first shot (big unit behind a single boulder, 2 movements (green ent) archer and sword dancer at 3 distancein a semi circle with the middle in a straight line with boulder and ent

Right now melee opponent, obstacle over the whole screen except the bottom tile, my archer flocked behind the obstacle, melee unit went to the other side of the obstacle and stopped (free tile at more than their movement range 53 movement, 4 needed to "see" the free path)

DeletedUser

ZxJNNZm.png

an example or an AI not moving

Last edited by a moderator:

Amy Steele

Forum/QA Moderator
Elvenar Team
Hello Delrusant, thank you for reporting this issue :)

Unfortunately I was unable to view your image, so it would be great if you could try to upload it again. However from your description it sounds like this bug HERE, which has already been reported to the developers. If your issue is not the same as the one in the report I linked, please do let us know, so we can investigate further :)

DeletedUser

I hope the image is not seen by others than me

it is not the same bug, it is not an obstacle blocking all the ways to go forward, it is just a "dumb" AI, either conflicting instruction or just plain missing ones

DeletedUser486

I have also noticed in one instance that the AI moved its unit into an obstacle and just stayed there. I eventually picked it off with my archer after several turns.

DeletedUser58

I think this happens when there is an obstacle between the enemy unit and the player units, and the enemy unit cannot reach the player units in one turn to attack them (due to their low movement --- for example in the screenshot that enemy can move only 3 hexes while the archers are 4 hexes away), but it doesn't move at all either as if it wants to move forward but it can't because of the obstacle. It does indeed help you pick off difficult enemies without any losses by using ranged units.

I know this is not FoE, but I thought it's worth pointing out that this happens with the AI there as well --- a unit would remain where it is because it can't reach the opponent but due to terrain it doesn't move forward either. Meaning it may just be how it's designed so I'm not sure it classifies as a bug (though indeed it does make the AI an easier opponent).

DeletedUser

To help this, the ennemy does move forward from behind an obstacle when there is a unit that is closer even if outside its range, it seems to bug when theres is equal risk to reach the opponents

DeletedUser

I also tend to think in this direction, although in your picture posted above there even is no equal risk...

DeletedUser

there are three archer at 4, 2 at 5,

The first fight where I noticed this was easier : spearman 2 movement, 2 archers at three, a one hex obstacle just in front of the spearman. The same situation without the obstacle, would have been easy for the spearman.

But I did not think to take a screen

Amy Steele

Forum/QA Moderator
Elvenar Team
I know this is not FoE, but I thought it's worth pointing out that this happens with the AI there as well --- a unit would remain where it is because it can't reach the opponent but due to terrain it doesn't move forward either. Meaning it may just be how it's designed so I'm not sure it classifies as a bug (though indeed it does make the AI an easier opponent).

Thanks ThePhantom, I will check this out. Although, as you say, this is not Forge of Empires, it may indeed be that this is not a bug, but intended behaviour :)

DeletedUser580

I had the same issue. I am not sure if another screen is helpful. The enemy wasnt moving at all since 2 rounds and I can easily shoot him down.

Attachments

• 5.jpg
    5.jpg
    807.7 KB · Views: 187

DeletedUser595

Does turning around cost a move for a ranged unit ? I get these weird situations where i move and then can't attack for some reason.

DeletedUser595

Nope. The cursor changes to the bow and when i click to attack the move changes to the next unit.

DeletedUser580

Better move your mouse from the path you where moving and from the target you wanted to shoot. Wait until every move/attack is done and then move the mouse again to the target and click. I had the same issue. Thats might be the only explanation for your problem Shatterhand. Try it. :)

Marindor

I've placed a link to this topic here, where it's also been reported. Please put any new experiences in the other topic. I'll lock this one as a duplicate now!