• Dear forum reader,

To actively participate on the forum by joining discussions or starting your own threads or topics, you need a game account and to REGISTER HERE!

After 2 or 3 days it becomes a little bit boring, doesn't it?

ThaMartin

Then again i like when the communication between devs and testers is more open than here. As we really dont see much of a feedback about what is being worked on and if the issues reported by us are being worked on.

I'd like to hear about that as well! :D

DeletedUser

This is a game who is developed by innogames. The devs commuicate seldom with the users directly, but exeptions like devzet are possible. I don´t know the reasons, but it could be the permanent negative spirit in some other game forums. If I develope the games, I don´t like to read always the same bashing and negativ people ;).
I would like to read many positive thinks and less negativ thinks.

ThaMartin

I don't really feel there's a negative spirit around here... Only a lot of players who wish to contribute. I don't see a lot of complaining on this forum :)

DeletedUser

Yes it is nice here... I like it too.
One thing who I like is the real time ranking. It works instant, very nice :)

DeletedUser58

The main reason, I believe, is because they have to focus their time and work on the actual game features. There's only a handful of active players on this forum and there are already hundreds of topics to go through, imagine what it'd be like when there are even more beta keys sent out? If they're involved with the feedback here they'll have no time to actually work on any content. Instead they have the moderating staff do that work and pass along the ideas that are most requested and which are good.

That's another issue, if they were present on this forum people would be poking them for everything, not only good ideas but also duplicate and bad ideas (by bad ideas I mean ones that aren't fully formed or just change the whole direction of the game --- requesting flying laser monkeys wouldn't make sense for example). And if they tell you "that's a good idea, we like it", then the comments turn into "well when is it coming in the game?"

We're a small community and it's "just starting out", but as soon as the community grows and people spend some time without getting features they don't want they'll get angsty. Having the devs present for direct communication would be just a bad idea. I'd like it too, but in the long run it works much better for all parties the way it is now.

Deleted User - 1954

Hey Phantom, I couldn't have wrote my opinion in better words than you did. The devs should write for us and not with us ;).

DeletedUser118

A thing I dislike about PvP battles is that some gamers use them to polish their ego. They tend to terrorize their neighbors with an endless amount of attacks, making it impossible for them to grow so these players just leave. It can be a real pain if you have a neighbor like that.

I mean I don't mind fighting and I definitely wanna see interaction between players but as soon as attacks on other players are implemented you will see the same old problems as in every game where you have this. Some ppl will show up who's only goal is to make other players leave just for the fun of it. It can get really annoying.

DeletedUser

The concept of this online-multiplayer-game is pretty easy:

Dress your Barbie-Doll well, comb its hair, paint your little pink pony green, plant some tomatoes on your green little farm ... much more you cant do to earn some points and advance in ranking.

I dressed my Barbie-Doll well, combed its hair, painted my little pink pony green, planted some tomatoes on my green little farm - so I advanced within 6 days from position 2500 where I started on Monday evening, up to position 250 ...

It's only a question of collecting coins, relics, goods ... nothing you can do/change with strategy.

The 'standard answer' always is, that all must be patient, because it's an early 'beta'. Maybe, and patience is provided by all players I think, but progress/advance in game development within a whole week was zero (0), so it can be estimated that already in the year 2525 something would happen. Or not.

Sure, nobody is obligated to play a game he finds boring, and as for me, they asked me for play the beta to write a review ... so some day's more I wanna stay, but I say it clearly: dressing online dolls and painting ponies is not what I expect from an online-multiplayer-game of the year 2015.

As various players just pointed it out, missing communication between developers and players, so that players of the beta can get an idea what's goin' on, what's comin' next, doesn't make it easier and testing/playing nicer.

Best regards,
Extranjero

DeletedUser

Extranjero, your comment ".. but progress/advance in game development within a whole week was zero (0)" shows that you have absolutely zero appreciation of software development or game design.

Any software development takes time. Testing takes time. Balancing takes time.

Do you expect a team to all be working on the same item at the same time and to then trot it out as complete without seeing how it works Development doesn't work that way. I can understand your frustration with the lack of communication, but it is understandable for many reasons listed above. There have been many occasions when a Dev has mentioned a planned feature in a forum post and then when it didn't work out players revolted in outrage, and so the culture with many Devs is now silence about future plans.

I read the forums like everyone else hoping to see a list of planned features, but I can also appreciate why there is a lack of communication after being part of so many past beta's . and even ongoing games.

DeletedUser

Inque:
There is no need for 'appreciation of software development or game design' - all development or game design is done (if it's done ...) with the aim to get users/players buying with real money.

That's ok so, and every other aim would be stupid, but there is no need to sell us a 'Mother Teresa-Image', where business stands behind.

And what I'm saying is, that if 'development progress' and 'communication' proceed like the last week, some people like me (and I'm not the only 'game reviewer' playing this beta) will not try to 'sell' to their users that 'everything is alright'.

Best regards,
Extranjero

DeletedUser

Need to see :

1. Why should I level Up ?

Well the ranking system which is clearly borring, currently how do you get point here ? is just by being present as much as you can and upgrade buildings...mean the first arrive the first serve , unless you buy Diamond it's not challenging enough.

2. Why should I invite Friends ?

This part should be considerate quickly, I have 3 friends here on Elvenar , so Far we can't be in an Alliance or Guild, or interract in any ways...
Feel extremly lonely and not social.

3. What is this game orientation ?

Currently I have no idea the main spirit of the game, Where is the PvP ? does we rank just by leveling Buildings and expand our territory ?
If so the first arrived and pay diamonds will stay long on the top then it will be who have the biggest credit card competition....
I am a Diamond Pay User , but I need to be in competition with other who can and cannot pay.

What you need first is Guide players very simply about a clear goal, the scoring system is very obscur here...so it doesnt make you want to see further.
Make a Clear point system so we directly know from what exactly we can compete each others.

4. Good point is the forum, it's smooth and well design I love it !

5. The mail Box in FoE is quite complicate when it come to Remove- Add someone from a group conversation , hope in Elvenar this will be well design from the very beggining.

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser

A thing I dislike about PvP battles is that some gamers use them to polish their ego. They tend to terrorize their neighbors with an endless amount of attacks, making it impossible for them to grow so these players just leave. It can be a real pain if you have a neighbor like that.

The thing with FoE is that you can get one player in let's say High Middle Ages grouped in a neighborhood woth 1 player of Colonial or even higher. That's what needs to be worked on, in my opinion.