• Dear forum reader,

To actively participate on the forum by joining discussions or starting your own threads or topics, you need a game account and to REGISTER HERE!

After 2 or 3 days it becomes a little bit boring, doesn't it?

DeletedUser

First of all: thank you for the Beta-key, but after 2 or 3 days it becomes a little bit boring, doesn't it?

The first day yo enjoy discovering details of the aspect of the buildings, later on then first day you reach very soon your 'limits': costs of new provinces are un-payable, 'updates' of buildings reached prices of which you know, that the next building-update could be made in 17 hours ... but it's still playable: you rose up from number 2500 where you started to position 600 ... so you continue:

It's nice to produce goods ... but with the numbers of goods you are producing (although you've updated your fabric) you will be able to do something in 297 hours (or later) ...

And yes, it's nice to produce units for your army - but although you've updated your barracks, set up/updated the 'armory' etc., you know the next attack you can ride would be in 242 hours (or later) ...

And yes, you've updated the main-hall, your houses, you workshops, letting them produce at 200% because you've nice 'culture' in your town ... but you know the next thing you can do will be upgrade another house in 17 hours, so your earnings will increase by 4 coins per hour, which are nearly 35.000 coins per year more ...

You can write to your neighbors, can't you? And leave messages to all other players. So why not say 'Hello, here I am' to them? ... surely some not sleeping the Siesta will answer with: 'Me too, thank you for your message'. And here it stops: more is not possible regarding to interactivity / communication with other players.

No, stop: yes, you can 'trade' with them - let's say for example:

If you're producing 12 blanks a day, your neighbor 7 steel and you need 460 steel + 190 blanks do do the next step, and your your neighbor 380 blanks + 170 steel, you both can interchange what ever you want, but both never would be able to do the next step ...

It's a well known issue of 'simulation games' that all needs a lot of time ... but when already on the second day the next little step would be possible within a week or later, my opinion is:

It became a little bit boring, didn't it?

As for there is nothing to do, nobody to communicate with, one can log in fewer times (so he quietly dedicates himself to other games ...) until he doesn't log in anymore ... unbelievable that this is the idea of recently presented online-game - if there not happen significant changes, I think there are no chances to enter the our national list of 'recommended multiplayer online-games'.

Best regards,
Extranjero

DeletedUser

You have to remember that this is a beta, not a finished game. It's a good, solid base that will be built on judging by the other titles by this company. I'm not feeling the same way as you, and don't seem to have hit the same hard blocks and long wait times, but I have spent a little on diamonds to speed things up, which I'm happy to do if it keeps development going.

I'll admit that the quests don't keep on flowing as they do in some other games and there is a bugged build quest early on that does slow you down, but that's to be expected in a beta.

All I can say is stick with it. If you've played this type of game before then you know what to expect .. you just need to remember that it's a developing title not a finished one.

DeletedUser126

I agree with some of it, while it is slow at the beginning and it needs lower costs early on, or some boost. Its actually ok around my level now for a while.

Over 3h i make 600 (200% boost) Marbles, 60~ Crystals (not upgrades yet) 50000+ gold 12000 Tools and that dont include 2k gold per person (40 people explored atm) every 24h and Town hall bonus of 6.400.

Add to that any quests you will do and that gives you a nice boost.

I do agree about chat as the game feels kinda dead w/o it.

Other issue i have with the game is boring bland combat devoid of majority of features you would expect of hex turn based combat (look heroes series). Combat itself have good base and nice visuals but little to nothing was done to make it fun.

Dont get me wrong like the game but right now we only have like the bare bones of the game, lacking depth, decent combat and community interaction (no CHAT!)

DeletedUser

These are the first baby steps of Elvenar, and we know it's a closed beta, so basically we're test bunnies. Lots of things could use some improving, and alot of interesting suggestions have already been made here on the forum. Plenty of stuff the Devs can work with, but for now, we just have to work with what we've got.

DeletedUser126

True but we can still point it all out :p

There is no real info about what is being worked on so for all we know they might be doing something completely different :p

DeletedUser

That's what i meant with interesting suggestions ;)

I'm sure when something important is about to happen they'll let us know :)

DeletedUser126

I hope so, i can give lots of suggestions but i learned from experience (and 40-50 beta/alpha over last 20 years) its pointless to be to thorough about it till they actually ask for advice/opinion. Otherwise they will do what they want and ignore them anyway.

Of course there where exceptions, but only in small or old games where developers worked tightly with the community, and communicated with them daily. Today you have forum moderators that as helpful as they are, are limited about what they know and can do or influence game development.

Till then i will just point out issues, bugs and features that are lacking and should be in any online game of this type.

Otherwise they will do what they want and ignore the suggestions anyway.

DeletedUser

True, they usually go their own way, but handing out suggestions is never a bad thing, and i'm sure when it's a very good one, that is supported by a large number of people, something will be done with it. I'm gonna stay positive here and assume we won't be ignored all the time.

DeletedUser126

Im positive as well, otherwise i would ignore forums ;) But im not naive, unless i will get a clear sign that they are interested. :)

And i dont mean here a simple suggestions but several pages long feature design projects. I used to do that in the past.

DeletedUser58

I was with Forge of Empires from an early stage when it was in open beta and it was actually not much different than Elvenar is when it comes to content. That is how most browser games I've followed from the beginning start, but I'm only listing FoE since we can only discuss Inno games. No one creates a full browser game with all its features ready and already implemented. That would mean the game is "complete" and would not longer have any addition, which means players have nothing to look forward to and once they try out and complete whatever features exist in the game, they get bored and quit. Not because the existing content is weak, it can be great, but you have nothing else to look forward to.

So that's why a large number of browser games start with mid-level content, where the game has enough features to be operational and at least include some gameplay. This is when you start beta testing, while still working on additional features. By the time your beta test concludes you see if players seem to like this type of game, whether they find the game appealing enough to spend a lot of hours on it, and whether the updates you're releasing are good enough for the players to stick around. That is when you decide if the game's going well and if it will be a survivor (as in if it's worth keeping it around or if it's better to shoot it down to save you future expenses).

No one starts a game already completely. That translates to using all your resources and using up your whole idea, so you'd be doing a ridiculously high risk release, especially since you would have nothing else to present to your players. Stick around, it may be a slow start but be sure it's the right path if you like the basics it has now. :)

DeletedUser

Without meaningful PvP, this is a fantasy version of Farmville and it will fail.

DeletedUser126

Farmvile actually made millions, so i would argue.

Only PvP that would work here would be some arena system for people that want to pvp but dont want to be grieved.

DeletedUser

I like the missing PvP part... because I like games without it. Here I can help other user and for me is this great. Usually I play games where it is possible to boost other players. Like a healer or something else, so I hope Elvenar goes into this area.

DeletedUser

Yes, that's what I'm saying:

It's like 'dress your Barbie and Ken online' or 'paint you little green pony in pink' - and I'm not speaking of 'meaningful PvP' or 'bloody wars between neighbors', what I mean and want to point out is, that it's not a 'multiplayer game', it's a (silly?) collecting of coins, supplies and relics, sometime interrupted by collecting some few coins from a neighbor (and there is no warranty that this neighbor exists or still is alive ...)

And let's be honest: you don't help nobody by clicking on 'help this neighbor' because what you earn are some few coins (every house on a nice level gives you more ...) and what the clicked neighbor (if he really exists, what might be doubt) earns, doesn't help him a lot: maybe also some coins, maybe once some seconds less construction time or maybe some 'culture', which doesn't help him, because he cannot base his culture level in something that might happen once a week ....

So don't make us believe it's a 'multiplayer game' ...

Best regards,
Extranjero

DeletedUser

Actually Elvenar is not really a multiplayer thing, that is true. But it is a early beta, so I hope the multiplayer part will grow. For a long time using this is one of the most imported thinks to make the game interessting. But it is only my opinion, I am interessted which way innogames will be gone.

I hope for many more features that allows to play together. I know that inno have the knowledge to implement those basic things, like a chat or a guilding system. Alternative PvP is possible too, look to the adventures in The-West. It works there, so it is "only" copy paste ;-)

DeletedUser126

I agree that the game have little to no multilayer interaction, and im pretty sure devs are aware of it.

Deleted User - 1954

Well, for me it's my first beta. I like usually games which are not so excessive of used time (about half an hour it's okay for me) and I am definitly not interested in games with strong part of combat. I want to see Elvenar grow and I am ready to be surprised whatever will be implemented.

DeletedUser

For some people it obviously got a bit boring fast, but i like playing a game from the very beginning, and it can only get better from here on.

DeletedUser126

Well i done hundreds of betas in my life, and always start game on release so im used to all this.

Then again i like when the communication between devs and testers is more open than here. As we really dont see much of a feedback about what is being worked on and if the issues reported by us are being worked on.

Still its early so i can give them some time before i will put a stamp on that statement :)

DeletedUser

Yep, let's give it some time. I'm sure they're working on many things right now, and regarding the issues we report, the mods always seem to answer them, and forward them to the bug team when the bug is confirmed.