• Dear forum reader,

To actively participate on the forum by joining discussions or starting your own threads or topics, you need a game account and to REGISTER HERE!

Advanced Steel, marble, planks?

DeletedUser

in the description it says "with this technology, you can expand your steel manufactories to produce steel at significantly faster".

Am I misunderstanding this, because i can only still produce 3 ,9,1 day, 2 days? I am not sure what the benefits of this tech is?

Thanks for any feedback
Murphy

DeletedUser

I would understand that, but in the wording doesn't it imply that I can produce it faster as opposed to more?

DeletedUser317

Same production in less time = faster, more production in same time = faster, even if i add the space factor, is still faster. :)

DeletedUser

well i must be misunderstanding it, not to seem facetious, but same production in less time = faster, more production in same time = more (faster would indicated a time frame not an amount)

DeletedUser326

Its a formula. And as any formula you can turn the factors as you want.

To produce more in the same time is the same Thing as producing the same in less time.

Time * productivity = Output
Output / time = productivity
time = Output / productivity

All the same only Looks different.

DeletedUser

just on a side note, i have completed the advanced steel...and i am not receiving any kind of boost from it? neither amount or time...? unless of course, you only get the boost for production on a daily basis? i use the 3 and 9 hour choices?

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser119

.and i am not receiving any kind of boost from it?
You don't receive anything from unlocking this research. It just mean that now, you can upgrade more your steel manufactory.
Before unlocking this research you could only upgrade your steel manufactory until level 4, now with this research you can upgrade it until level 8.

And each upgrade will give you more steel than the previous level, no matter which cycle (3h, 9h, 1day, 2 days) you choose.

DeletedUser

You don't receive anything from unlocking this research. It just mean that now, you can upgrade more your steel manufactory.
Before unlocking this research you could only upgrade your steel manufactory until level 4, now with this research you can upgrade it until level 8
ok, so this tech only allows the building to be leveled up further...ok thank you for the help

DeletedUser

in the description it says "with this technology, you can expand your steel manufactories to produce steel at significantly faster". ....
This statement relates to the possible updates of your manufacturing buildings to higher levels, hence, the higher the level, the more you produce in the same time (as you see it) which means also that you accumulate goods faster ....

DeletedUser

so it just the wording of the description...so i guess it just must be me..ha, I understand, now, it advances goods buildings to higher levels...
in reading it, I understand it as a faster production time...thank you all for the help , sorry for being stupid on it.. ha

thanks again

DeletedUser

not stupid at all, it is in the use of language and I have to agree... it should be accumulate, not produce.....

DeletedUser326

Hum the tooltip states "With this Technology, you can EXPAND your XYZ manufactory to produce XYZ significantly faster".

I'm no native english Person but for me the tooltip isn't misunderstandable.

Expand = upgrade

DeletedUser

ok Faster is the key word to me, sorry if i seem stupid, but I am not a scientist so as a laymen, Faster to me means time ..that was where the confusion sorry

DeletedUser170

An other perspective (not want to say that this could not be a problem for others) is that you go faster in your car, train etc. It obviously has things to do with time, but the first thing is: My speed will be increased. Then comes in physics - less time, more distance

DeletedUser

I am well versed in english and agree it is very misleading which is why I had to come to the forum to see if anyone else noticed.
It should clearly state "this technology unlocks level 5-8 on your buildings" nothing more.

DeletedUser867

An alternate way of being comfortable with the Faster concept, is to consider how much time is required to create each unit.

If you're creating 10 units per period, and an upgrade allows you to create 20 units per hour, each unit is produced twice as fast.

So, how fast can you produce units? English is pretty flexible about how you get there. Also, I'm pretty comfortable with quests that describe the purpose, rather than the means. Again, how you get there is of secondary importance.