• Dear forum reader,

To actively participate on the forum by joining discussions or starting your own threads or topics, you need a game account and to REGISTER HERE!

Events Add unlimited quests to League events.

SoggyShorts

Summary: After the initial 75 quests for the storyline add unlimited quests so that players can compete for top league spots.

Motive: Currently the only way to "break the tie" between thousands of players who have all completed the same 75 quests is to be luckier or to click "buy" which is objectively lame.

Details: To avoid stupid things like 5 bears or 50 piece sets simply remove those kinds of prizes from the pool after grand prize X

Possible downsides: Perhaps adjusting the pay-to-win-only system could reduce profits, but perhaps increasing the competition for prizes by adding more players to it could increase profits.

Last edited:

CrazyWizard

While I like the idea, I do not see them implement it.

Con: the reason to implement this feature (making money) as the only way to move up the ladder is spending money / diamonds. that incentive is changed to effort instead of money. So this change would be a very stupid buisness decision. the entire reason for creating it would be down the drain.

SoggyShorts

Con: the reason to implement this feature (making money) as the only way to move up the ladder is spending money / diamonds. that incentive is changed to effort instead of money. So this change would be a very stupid buisness decision. the entire reason for creating it would be down the drain.
Counter point: By adding a bunch of hardcore players to the competition the whales have to work(spend) harder, thus increasing profits.

Enevhar Aldarion

Counter point: By adding a bunch of hardcore players to the competition the whales have to work(spend) harder, thus increasing profits.

The real whales in free-to-play games spend money to avoid putting in the normal effort needed to win stuff. They spend money to have everything now and avoid having to work for it. Inno may as well say to them "give us $100 (or however much it may really cost) and here are three complete sets for you."

The more mid-level spenders are the ones your idea would probably benefit more, since the big spenders probably will have all three sets, minus the gold league pieces, many days before the end of the event.

Droopy

It's very easy to turn the extra quests into making money. Such as i suggested before, they could do something like the "bottomless pit" where you could buy off items with diamonds.

Rill

I wonder if a con for this would be that this benefits established players who have oodles of timers and spells and things and not so much newer players and thus would potentially discourage newer players who are not whales but might spend modest amounts to get in gold league? I don't have a strong opinion, just trying to explore different angles.

SoggyShorts

I wonder if a con for this would be that this benefits established players who have oodles of timers and spells and things and not so much newer players and thus would potentially discourage newer players who are not whales but might spend modest amounts to get in gold league? I don't have a strong opinion, just trying to explore different angles.
Conceivably, yes I think that's a good point.
Perhaps something that favors advanced players (and therefore gives a reason to advance) may be a good thing though.

Moncsociusz

There are plenty of options to solve this problem. They could make it that you have to pay a small amount of diamonds to unlock 100 new quest for example while they make them progressively harder and each new quest batch more expensive. To promote this, they could remove all the extra event currency from the chests. I wouldn't mind paying eg. 25 dimes to win more dailies or open more chests. Then 50, 100, 200... Etc. This is affordable to new players as well who are able to climb the spire.

Or another solution is to have more than 1 daily quest. They could lock in 10 quests daily which are only available those days. So if you don't log in each day these quests are not coming back. Except the one basic one. This could make the storyline quests more interesting as well. This option could open up new creative quests as well as there could be different paths, make the challenges more interactive eg. Each day you help X, if you help X you certainly got one daily prize after the 10 challenges, if you fail you still got some event currency. Or they could make parallel quest lines, so you could influence the story to work for different prizes (one artifact and the other is AW). Eg to fight do this, to run away do that. So they could make it a little bit more engaging by giving the illusion that you are in control... And after 18 artifacts they could remove the prize option.

There could be a market place solution where each NPC gives you different quests for prizes and event currency with different caps. Or each NPC has one daily quest... Such as for artifacts the cap is 18 and those quests are getting harder. A different NPC has 30 quests for AW prize, another for army instants. This could be again pretty nice storyline wise. Especially with the reoccurring themes such as zodiacs, harvest, phonixes, Halloween, carnival. The main quest line could stay how it is now for artifacts, but you could have side quests with other characters, like invest knowledge points for AWs, fights for the characters for army instants, give them gold for goods...etc. while getting event currency still.

So they could keep the luck factor with the chests and currencies, but still give more things to do and an option to get guaranteed prizes while avoiding to hoard Evo bases.

I think all of these are fairly easy to code as they could make it look like a FA badge panel the same logic, just progressively bigger amount of things.

For example they could rework the league system in a way that how many NPCs did you help. That you are the champion/knight/supporter/nurse of the phonixes...etc each could have different avatars. I don't think these would be hard coding wise, more like the creative team would have a bit more to do to make specific roles the NPCs. I would stick with something knowledge related for KP and AW, like a sorcerer or researcher, goods based for traders of unur or merchants, army based with the current figures are fine...

Lovec Krys

You mean endless repeating saint trio?
Encounters - VV - goods*
Encounters - VV - goods*
Encounters - VV - goods*
(everyone who played the original bears know what i'm writing about).

* or maybe it was supplies or 1 day WS in your main Workshops, i'm not sure anymore.

SoggyShorts

You mean endless repeating saint trio?
Encounters - VV - goods*
Encounters - VV - goods*
Encounters - VV - goods*
(everyone who played the original bears know what i'm writing about).

* or maybe it was supplies or 1 day WS in your main Workshops, i'm not sure anymore.
Nah, that's too boring IMO. more like the 50 bevs & 20 groceries old-school ones.
Or make em extra spicy like
"Produce 200 copper, 20 orc dung, and 100 fireflies"

It should be noted that this post was made when I thought leagues were going to make sense. Giving out artifacts to those who don't need them at all is... odd. Still, I'm flip-flopping on whether I want events to effectively end in 2-3 days (like now) or to have something to do during the other 19 days other than wait for the day with my prize of choice.

Arthus

They could add special questline that doesn't add much more currency (10 per quest or something) but adds additional points towards better league placement, because currently league placement is mainly decided by "who will have more luck in getting bonus currency from event chests".
League should be determined by activity, not by luck.

edeba

They could add special questline that doesn't add much more currency (10 per quest or something) but adds additional points towards better league placement, because currently league placement is mainly decided by "who will have more luck in getting bonus currency from event chests".
League should be determined by activity, not by luck.
That was my thoughts on events, kind of a horseshoe shape, increasing keys and then decreasing until it gets to something like 10 and setting up so that's what you would be collecting to finish an evolving building in the event. Some people would just decide to wait for the FA or just not able to get the building fully evolved if they set it up right, and super keeners might get 2 or 3 artifacts for a second building, but not the insane level of resources the way Inno set up unlimited when they tried it.

Enevhar Aldarion

Now that we have the Royal prizes, maybe buying that could unlock an extra set of daily quests that are a bit more difficult and award maybe an extra 20 or 25 currency each. That would be about 450-550 more currency, or about one more grand prize. That would get a lot more people to spend that 1500 diamonds.

Moncsociusz

Now that we have the Royal prizes, maybe buying that could unlock an extra set of daily quests that are a bit more difficult and award maybe an extra 20 or 25 currency each. That would be about 450-550 more currency, or about one more grand prize. That would get a lot more people to spend that 1500 diamonds.

That is what I thought exactly. I have an idea how to merge it with the FA layout. I will write a separate idea segment for it soon.

SoggyShorts

That is what I thought exactly. I have an idea how to merge it with the FA layout. I will write a separate idea segment for it soon.
I love the FA badge layout for any idea (except the FA: there it needs roll-over)
16 simultaneous quests is excellent. I wonder if diminishing returns could be incorporated? So the first time you make 50 beverages you get 25 currency then 24 then 23 etc.

Moncsociusz

I love the FA badge layout for any idea (except the FA: there it needs roll-over)
16 simultaneous quests is excellent. I wonder if diminishing returns could be incorporated? So the first time you make 50 beverages you get 25 currency then 24 then 23 etc.

I was thinking more like separate the current quests into 16 subgroups, and under the badges on the left side they could list 3 increasingly difficult quest in the same category. And if you are finished with those, you could restart the quest if you pay 50 diamonds. So there is a pro for Inno as well in it. Instead of the 50 bevs they could put the upgrade building quests, or the scouting ones. So the questline could stay the same as now, just grouped like the FA badges, listing 3 quests under each badge and it would just fasten up the process that simultaneously you could complete more quests and collect them as badges. I hope it make sense :D I'm going to type it up from my laptop in an hour with more details.
Screenshot_20210916-210646~2.png

Something like this. For the first quest 10 EC, second 20 EC and third 30 EC, (event currency). I would remove every EC from the chests and make them themed, like in one chest there are only army instants, in another only AW, so people could target for their needs better. I think this way we could solve the problem as well that people could gain enough dailies in any day they wish. Even on the first day. And I believe those 50 diamonds creep up to a nicer sum. Giving a better edge in the leagues. But I would limit the main quest line, so nobody could get more the 2 full sets in max. Afterward only the misc grands prizes.

SoggyShorts

I would remove every EC from the chests and make them themed, like in one chest there are only army instants, in another only AW, so people could target for their needs better.
I like that. Currently, I ignore absolutely everything in the chests. It either gives the most flags or dailies per EC and nothing else matters.
I'd actually prefer if all chests gave the same dailies per EC or flags per EC so that we could choose chests based on other stuff.

Moncsociusz

Okay, it took me longer than I expected but here we go. Let me know what do you think. By the way, I don't want to highjack the thread just reading these messages gave me the idea :) if you think I should post it separately let me know.

Summary: Parallel to the current 75 event questline add 3 daily quests grouped under the 16 FA style badges which could be restarted by 50 diamonds.

Motive: The current system is based on pure luck which is quite discouraging. It doesn't facilitate different playstyles and people get stuck on different quests which limits them to spend more EC (event currency) on desired dailies. The FA style badge board would give a much desired flexibility with a potential better diamond purchases and better use for the royal prizes as players could collect more points.

Details: Next to the usual 75 main questline, the additional daily 3x16 quests would give a much needed flexibility in the league system. Eliminating the luck factor. All the EC prizes should be removed from the chests and the artifacts would be limited to 2 full sets afterwards only misc grand prizes and people could get more value if they buy the royal pass. So all the points would reflect the players' hard work with the quests or the diamond expenditure on ECs. These 3 daily quests could be presented under the 16 badges similar to the FA. The 3 quests under the same badge would be progressively harder and gain a fairly higher amount of EC, Example collect 8 relics for 10 EC, then the next one is to collect 14 relics for 20 EC, then 20 relics for 30. You should complete the first quest to move to the next one, similar to collecting a badge. So you can't accumulate previous relics for the later quests. If you completed all the 3 dailies for a badge, then you could restart them with 50 diamonds. It is not expensive even for early players. So those who are more eager to go the extra mile for the higher leagues can.
The quest could be grouped as the current quests, some are close to the FA model such as relics, spells, vision vapor, army units. goods, gold, AWP, tourney/spire encounters. catalysts could stay under the same badges. But upgrade buildings, scouting, produce supplies, trades, neighbourly help, buy/spend KPs. This could make the implementation easy and the game play dynamic and more engaging. There would be a reason to come back daily, but with the 50 diamonds option it would be possible to catch up anytime basically provided unlimited quests for a reasonable payoff.

Screenshot_20210916-210646~2.pngScreenshot_20210916-205919~2.pngScreenshot_20210916-205818~2.png
In this case being in bronze would be already a great achievement deserving its own avatar to do better than half the servers players would actually mean something. So people would have more fun avatars from each league as well. The price of the chests would equal for their value, blue background stuff for low tier, mid to gold, and high only purple so people get the value out of their chests.

Low-tier Mid-tier High-tier
Background Blue Gold Purple
KP/AW 3-5 7-10 15-30
Army instants Barracks trading ground mercenary
Time instants 10-45 min 1-5 hours 8-20 hours
Daily chances <7% 8-15% 16-22%
Spells PowProw, Endow, Med, Fabric CC, Restorations?
Mics Shards, Runes Goods PP, Rainfalls

Possible downsides: I am maybe biased, but I don't see any drawbacks. It would be quite easy to implement to copy the FA board system almost totally. The 50 diamonds restart would encourage small spenders which could add up to a substantial sum. This system would remove the random inequalities with the EC prizes, would limit artifacts and would balance the chests rewards. It has more options, avoiding getting stuck and serve players with different sizes and playing strategies. People can get over the event quickly if they wish so or come back for daily challenges. Would make the royal pass more enticing, leave an options for big and small spenders as well. I am sure it has some downsides, so please let me know. But I believe it is definitely not as bitter as the current gatcha system.

Moncsociusz

I wanted to post like this but editing from mobile didn't let me :D so update for more clarity

Tierlowmidhigh
Backgroundbluegoldpurple
AW/KP3-710, 1520, 30
Army instantsbarrackstraining groundsmercenary
Spellspowprow, endowmeditation, fabricCC, Royal res
Dailies<7%8-15%16-22%
Time10-45 min1-5 h8-20 h
Miscshards, runesgoods, armyPP, rainfalls