• Dear forum reader,

To actively participate on the forum by joining discussions or starting your own threads or topics, you need a game account and to REGISTER HERE!

User Interface Add tick box to the "cancel production" dialog box

ayvinul

Reverse of what we have for initiating production on manufactures, workshops, settlement buildings (and armories on the mobile app).

When you select a producing building, you would be able to tick the box (not on by default) and cancel all the productions of the same type in one go.

Rationale: happens to me all the time that I'm going to quick-select the wrong production or change my mind (say, select 3 hours out of habit, and then realize I'm going to bed in one hour, so I need to select 9 hours.. locating all my workshops, cancelling the production, and starting it again takes forever. (or I do mix up sentient boosts and normal boosts).

It could be even more useful during adventures, where you often have 50+ workshops that you started on toolboxes right before your archmage tells you we no longer need toolboxes to complete the path...

Shereana

Sometimes during FA I have need to use workshops for different productions, e.g. 24h and 3h (e.g. just placed new workshops). How should it work in case of such mixed versions?

Karvest

cancel only the same production, of course.
But there can still be situations like you have 50 toolbox running for 20h already and just accidentally started another 50 - in that case you won't be able to cancel just fresh 50 ones.
May be some production time filter would help, like cancel only those productions that have same type and have +-15 minutes the same time to go.

Last edited:

ayvinul

well, if you could already cancel all productions of the same length in one go, that would be very useful.

Or just add a confirmation requester for productions that have already gone for >3h or over ½ their time. I think it would cover all bases.

Remember you would already have to tick the box to cancel several buildings !

Shereana

Well, that is the point. In my opinion, the only proper option is to cancel the ones that are started simultaneously (this is same running timer + type of production). Otherwise it starts to be "heavy": a lot of details to be taken care of (and I do believe that someone will manage to use it wrong way anyway, humans are talented in this :D ).

Karvest

There is no "same running timer", as even simultaneous start via checkbox is just start each of them one by one in a batch under the hood, and can be registered to be finished in +- second (or even more in case of server lags), so there should be some threshold anyway.

ayvinul

Well, that is the point. In my opinion, the only proper option is to cancel the ones that are started simultaneously (this is same running timer + type of production). Otherwise it starts to be "heavy": a lot of details to be taken care of (and I do believe that someone will manage to use it wrong way anyway, humans are talented in this :D ).
Also remember that we're talking about a new feature. If you don't use it, you won't get into trouble.

you must be this tall to tick that checkbox ;)

Shereana

Also remember that we're talking about a new feature. If you don't use it, you won't get into trouble.

you must be this tall to tick that checkbox ;)
Who knows, who knows... May be I'm Lilliput :p
Also such logic (don't use ticks) can be used for simultaneous production start: just-do-it-1-by-1-and-probably-you-will-realize-mistake-earlier. As anyone else, I would like the feature not to cause any damage to avoid frustration. I'm pointing out some drawbacks of it not to have them in case it will be implemented :)

So the next logical step will be to propose "cancel last production action on this type of buildings" button (if such proposal doesn't already exist)... To cancel both production and cancelling of production, with simultaneous start it will make nice trio ;)