• Dear forum reader,

To actively participate on the forum by joining discussions or starting your own threads or topics, you need a game account and to REGISTER HERE!

User Interface Add notification for the use of archive points.

ayvinul

Just like we have a notification for FA, knowing whoever opened the chest and got us to next round,

I'm sure we could avoid some angst that way... we got a tournament going to 10 chest "early" and we can't figure out for sure whoever used the archive. Instead of suspicion all around, transparency would be best, like for FAs...

Bor de Wolf 1965

Only a mage or the archmage can use the tower/tournament perk.
So if your FS has only mage players you have some other problems as well.
Just give mage status o who ever needs it and is voted for by your own FS,

edeba

Just like we have a notification for FA, knowing whoever opened the chest and got us to next round,

I'm sure we could avoid some angst that way... we got a tournament going to 10 chest "early" and we can't figure out for sure whoever used the archive. Instead of suspicion all around, transparency would be best, like for FAs...
You have way better transparency if you actually do your best to use the archive early. Any points over a chest automatically get put back into the archive so the issue you are implying is a non-issue. The only time it would be an issue is if you don't make 10 chests are you are trying to accumulated extra tournament points from more than one week, so say you make it to chest 8 with extra points, and you end up with enough points to take chest 9, but your plan is to get 10 chests the following week. Well, then someone spent your archive in a way that it can't be used for that week because you got 9 chests instead of 8 and drained the archive instead of building it higher. But spending the archive early on the 10th chest doesn't cost you anything as points over will be added back to what's in the archive.

By spending the archive early, everyone can see what's needed for the next chest without having to do calculations, and you can see if you are close and encourage players to push for the next chest, or you are well within what you can save.

On live we had a difference in opinion on spending the archive and my position was that it makes it difficult for the FS members to know if they are close to the next chest or not. So we decided to wait on using it. I was busy that Saturday and was on only 10 minutes before the tournament was over and it looked like we still had about 10k to go, but with our hidden archive, it was less than 2500 points. My FS is pretty reliable to not let a chest go for 2500 points and there was no response in the chat. We got it to 600 left before the tournament ended and there is no question in my mind that the lack of transparency from not emptying the archive on our true status is why my FS did let a chest go for so few tournament points.

This seems more a misunderstanding that spending that archive cost you something when it didn't.

Karvest

There is another usecase of archive for FS that is aiming 19 chests. If archive is spent too early - players can fall into relax mode after hitting 19 chests and loose some points from archive that otherwise would be there for the next (harder) tourney.

edeba

There is another usecase of archive for FS that is aiming 19 chests. If archive is spent too early - players can fall into relax mode after hitting 19 chests and loose some points from archive that otherwise would be there for the next (harder) tourney.
I suppose there are a few specific examples where not spending it would be better.

Enevhar Aldarion

Besides that, a level 10 in tournament Perk means a max of 25,000 points can be stored. That is more than any one chest requires to complete. So really, a fellowship should not go past level 7 in this perk because that is still 17,500 and a guaranteed loss of points if it is full when used for any chest other than the 19th chest, which requires 18,000 points to complete.

Karvest

19 chest FS should go up to 10 level, as you can fill the whole 25k points on easy tournaments and spend them in between on hard ones.

ayvinul

let's not lose sight of my initial point: knowing what's going on will help (more or less) advanced fellowships making decisions without having to guess, so I strongly believe getting a notification whenever someone uses archive points will help.

edeba

let's not lose sight of my initial point: knowing what's going on will help (more or less) advanced fellowships making decisions without having to guess, so I strongly believe getting a notification whenever someone uses archive points will help.
I couldn't disagree more. I am in advanced FS.