• Dear forum reader,

To actively participate on the forum by joining discussions or starting your own threads or topics, you need a game account and to REGISTER HERE!

Answered about Firefox-64/waterfox r47.0 and flash

DeletedUser283

this morning, I stupidly upgraded waterfox/firefox-64 (they give identical results) to release 47.0
since this, the game does not load and an error message across the screen tells me that there is something wrong with 3D context and some unavailable resource;
I searched through mozilla help forums and came across this :
https://support.mozilla.org/en-US/questions/1115022
is seems the error comes from a conflict between r47.0 and flash plugin r22
the solution mozilla recommends is to uninstall flash plugin r22 and download flash plugin r18 (they give the link) and to try again...
I did not test this solution yet, and I am now playing on chrome, which is quite uncomfortable because I now have both FoE and Elvenar under chrome :(

I think that the time for flash-intensive games such as FoE and Elvenar is counted, everyone and Adobe try to get rid of flash because it is a proprietary product, while html 5 is a public standard and now widely available.
in case the game code tests the flash plugin release and finds it to be not high enough, it may refuse to load (we had the issue before on FoE)
trouble incoming ...

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser283

thanks @Jasper
I did not remember this thread when I had the issue and anyway, it is a bit lost in the "not a bug" archive section ;)
now the current workarounds are :
-uninstall flash and go to an earlier verison, or
-uninstall firefox 64 and go to firefox 32

the last one is not for me, I do not believe in running 32 bits apps on a 64 bit system for efficiency reasons; this is why I was using waterfox in the first place, even though it is not localized (I prefer using browsers in my native language ;) )
now I will try the first workaround if I can, knowing that it may cause other conflicts because the same plugin is now used by both firefox and chrome ...

DeletedUser

Chrome has its own build-in version of Flash, usually the latest one if you update Chrome regular so it wouldn't be affected.

I wouldn't install an older version of Flash because of all the security issues. Maybe you better download and reinstall the version of Firefox from just before the update and disable updates. Or you could try the nightly (beta) builds of Firefox, I thought I read somewhere that it didn't have this "bug".

BTW There are more sites which have problems with the 64-bit version of Firefox so installing the 32-bit version isn't really a shame. :p

Last edited by a moderator: