• Dear forum reader,

To actively participate on the forum by joining discussions or starting your own threads or topics, you need a game account and to REGISTER HERE!

City A way to reduce lag

DeletedUser1877

I'll preface this idea by saying it has been used by other large games to good effect.

The concept is simple, by storing the building images on the local (user's) drive, they do not need to be continually downloaded. It would likely need some work to implement it originally, but the long term benefits should pay off. The first time, a package of all current buildings is downloaded, this will take time. After that, only tiny placeholders are sent in the stream, the image is picked up from the local store.

New Chapters would need a new package of course, but shouldn't be overly large.

DeletedUser867

That's how it already works. If you clear your browser cache, or run Chrome in Incognito mode, loading a visited cites will take MUCH longer, because all of the building information has to be downloaded anew.

DeletedUser1877

The cache only stores the recent material, and that material gets removed as other items form your browser demand their own space.
My way means the material is always there, including images of buildings you have not yet seen.

DeletedUser1759

Hey guys,

I'm moving this idea to 'rejected'. Devs are always taking into account lag when making decisions, and creating lag is never intentionally. Regarding lag, the strategy chosen has it's reasons.

Note that lag also depends for a big part on your own internet connection and computer speed. :)