• Dear forum reader,

To actively participate on the forum by joining discussions or starting your own threads or topics, you need a game account and to REGISTER HERE!

Discussion A Gateway into the Past

Bor de Wolf 1965

@Dorfl the Clay All I hope for is that inno removes the daily lockout and give us a way to keep doing quests, just to get more coins.
The only limit they have to put up is: after collecting 280 ruby's you won't get any new building parts, only the normal prize stuff can be claimed.
That way they would solve some problems.
  1. people can get more coins to get more pieces for the set.
  2. even with extreme bad luck, players can get a full set.
  3. there won't be a posebillity for players to get up to 2 (or more) full sets.
That way, it is up to the players how far they would go to get a full set or even more.

ZodiBeta

Q: Besides the complaints above of it taking many more Dwarven chips than we're allowed to be able to advance plus the cost of chips per cup/item needed to match/upgrade, I'm seeing Gates of Dawn and Memorial of the Savior repeated in the prize list BEFORE the complete building set is offered. That will add to the number of players unable to obtain a full building set, and serves as another detraction. Add atop that the space required for a full building set (7x6) versus the productions and I'm wondering just how many players will complete the full set and actually build it. Where's the incentive? At this point, as with other event building sets, I will cherry pick from whatever buildings I do win and only place the ones with the productions I need or want. (Beta chapter 15) Although I can appreciate a newish event mechanic, I'd prefer something more straight-forward with much less chance and more strategy. I remember the early days when we could win the grand prize if we just finished the event.
Update: I'm at the locked quest lines and am affirming, with the luck I've been having (total: about 150 gems earned), I won't be able to complete the set. Although I kind of like the merging idea, the number of merges needed per chip, is not reasonable.
I offer some suggestions to make this event more appealing:
1. Reduce the number of merges to 3 to get a max of 4 levels (not 6)
2. Double the gems earned per order.
3. Reduce the number of chips used to buy from each cup to 1, especially if you don't change anything else.
4. Increase the amount of chips earned per day to 35.
5. Increase the amount of chips earned from quests by 20, starting at 30 (more in line with previous events).
6. Ensure any extra set buildings, from the gems grand prizes line, that show up before a complete set is gained, do not show up until after the complete set is offered.
7. Increase productions of buildings to at least a day's worth of productions from boosted manufactories.
8. Increase the odds of winning daily prizes.
Otherwise, you might as well add a disclaimer that players need to spend real money to complete the event.

Brummbaer

Hmpf, daily quest asking for relics, direct after the end of the tournament. If you have already collect the tournament rewards yesterday evening or do not have an other source, you are stuck till thuesday.

Dorfl the Clay

Hmpf, daily quest asking for relics, direct after the end of the tournament. If you have already collect the tournament rewards yesterday evening or do not have an other source, you are stuck till thuesday.
It may seem unreasonable to put such daily quest just after the weekly tournament. Maybe Inno does this on purpose thus stimulating players to always keep a few provinces uncompleted so that one always has a source for relics (the Magic Academy is another)...

Heymrdiedier

or you just craft the relics, get them from neighbourly help, etc...

Lelanya

But then, most of the offers in the Magic Academy are for boosted relics. I haven't needed those since, hmm, three to four months after I started each city. Out of what is left, I very rarely get relics that are actually useful. And, to be honest, I try to avoid crafting relics in a bid to teach the MA to offer less of those in the first place (seeing as this is useless).
I checked in for city litter drops just prior to tourney's end, lingered 4 minutes, went out to the research tree and back, and then stayed away for 4 hours. My quest was done and dusted shortly after spawning. Thanks again to @PrimroseSylvia's excellent guide. :)

Bor de Wolf 1965

I am wondering what they are doing now with the total required item level for the middle and bottom requests.
Is the total item level limited to about 12 or 13?
Bottom request has now only 2 items with an item level of 11 total.
Middle request has now 3 items with an item level of 12 total and before it was also 12.
The top request is also at item level 12 total.

This way would be nice but also means if you get a couple level 5 items in a row you can get stuck with them.

Karvest

There is no "total required item level", since 2 x 4lvl = 5lvl item cost-wise, but 8 is much more than 5 level-wise.
The most expensive offer from the bottom line require lvl6+lvl5+lvl4.
This way would be nice but also means if you get a couple level 5 items in a row you can get stuck with them.
There are 105 out of 234 different offers that require lvl6 item (35 of each type).
The best for grand prize/league ones are those giving 2 lucky draws with 20% chance. First one appears in middle slot and have 24 different combinations of items (21 of them require level 6 item), second appears in the bottom slot and have 10 different combinations (9 with lvl6 item).
You can always refuse an offer that you can't fulfill, and get better one.

Deleted User - 101740

Both my beta cities are on quest 66 and after spending all chips I have 178 & 176 red stones.
My "strategy" is simply to build whatever is asked for in the third slot (which always gives 3 or 4 gems). My board is always nearly empty because I keep drawing & combining until I have the piece I need. I chose the third slot because the prizes are most helpful to me and 20% chance of daily is good.
The game mechanic is so heavily weighted for chance that I see no point in using complicated strategy.

Deleted User - 101740

But the reasoning "we don't want players ending up stuck with pieces you can't disassemble." is lame. You can't stuck up with items falling with 2% chance which are needed in almost half of all orders. The only way to be stuck up with them - is to merge mindlessly and don't use the results (and even then - not sure it's possible without buying additional event currency, at least not in the first week of event). Removing that 2% chance won't change anything in that regard.
This was my thinking exactly! What is the purpose of removing chances of getting the most expensive piece to make? Am I mistaken in thinking NONE of the pieces can be disassembled?

Deleted User - 101740

With the change in cost per piece from 5 chips to 4, the League for this event on Beta needs to be cancelled, otherwise any players who were saving up for the end of the event have been given a huge advantage over everyone who has already spent all their chips, testing the event as we are supposed to do on Beta. And if not, Inno owes everyone 1 chip back for every 5 previously spent.
I have never known Inno to compensate players even when blatantly unfair. Consider that 100 event currency costs 500 diamonds but the player could conceivably be left with a decent portion that cannot be used if the lowest chest is more than the remnants. I bought EC once and was left with a third unusable. I cannot save it nor ask for the equivalent in dias (150).

Lovec Krys

I have never known Inno to compensate players even when blatantly unfair.
We got magic residences when they changed the population on pop/cult hybrids (and many players got into negative pop).
But that was after 15+ page rage topics on every live server forum.
So no compensation on beta, but on live servers it is possible, when inno upsets their player base enough.

Deleted User - 101740

We got magic residences when they changed the population on pop/cult hybrids (and many players got into negative pop).
But that was after 15+ page rage topics on every live server forum.
So no compensation on beta, but on live servers it is possible, when inno upsets their player base enough.
I had heard the story about the Mr - peeps talk about it like an urban legend :)

Enevhar Aldarion

I have thought more about this event and I think most players are going about it the opposite of what Inno expected. I am sure everyone has seen the trashcan tray on the left of the playing field. I had to think about why anyone would ever need to discard a piece and I realized that Inno expected us to just pull as many pieces as we could from the 3 cups until the board was full and then, instead of combining pieces, we just delete unwanted combos and get a fresh batch every 30 minutes, only combining or discarding pieces when we get an offer we want, but don't have the exact pieces for. And now that the level 6 pieces only come from Lucky Draws, if you do not combine, having a full board before using any of them also means discarding or combining pieces to make room for any level 6 pieces you get. I am an impatient player when if comes to the events, but when this goes to Live, I am going to try and make as few combinations as possible, while filling the game board, and see how that works. Though with so many of the offers wanting level 6 pieces, and those no longer in the cups, I am not sure how well this method will work.

Karvest

I don't even try to combine items/pull them from cups until I get an offer I want to fulfill (or it would be hard to discard bad offers). Got full set when there were 10 days of event to go without spending a single dime.

Bor de Wolf 1965

With 8 days to go I would be extremely lucky if I get up to 200 points.
I am now at 179, so I don't believe in this event any more.
on my life server I would advice members to just ignore this event, just because how crappy it was thought trough.

Enevhar Aldarion

Yeah, the big range in luck is even worse with this event than the ones with the normal three chests. The gap between my two Beta cities keeps getting bigger, as my now chapter 7 city is being luckier than my chapter 17 city. Chapter 7 is now at 241 and chapter 17 is now at 201.

Hueanthar

Update: I'm at the locked quest lines and am affirming, with the luck I've been having (total: about 150 gems earned), I won't be able to complete the set. Although I kind of like the merging idea, the number of merges needed per chip, is not reasonable.
I offer some suggestions to make this event more appealing:
1. Reduce the number of merges to 3 to get a max of 4 levels (not 6)
2. Double the gems earned per order.
3. Reduce the number of chips used to buy from each cup to 1, especially if you don't change anything else.
4. Increase the amount of chips earned per day to 35.
5. Increase the amount of chips earned from quests by 20, starting at 30 (more in line with previous events).
6. Ensure any extra set buildings, from the gems grand prizes line, that show up before a complete set is gained, do not show up until after the complete set is offered.
7. Increase productions of buildings to at least a day's worth of productions from boosted manufactories.
8. Increase the odds of winning daily prizes.
Otherwise, you might as well add a disclaimer that players need to spend real money to complete the event.

I agree with @ZodiBeta's suggestions. Although I'm okay with the merging idea, it takes way too long and costs too much to get there (even after the update). This takes soooo much time, especially considering the rewards.