• Dear forum reader,

To actively participate on the forum by joining discussions or starting your own threads or topics, you need a game account and to REGISTER HERE!

Discussion A Gateway into the Past

Enevhar Aldarion

Done through quest 47 and at 105 of the red crystals, so 5 grand prizes completed. I also won 8 Lucky Draws today, and got the 75 chips 3 times and 25 chips 1 time, so that definitely helps get ahead. With as many 75 chip rewards as I have gotten from the Lucky Draws, I wonder if Inno upped the chance for that since @Karvest pulled the list from the data.

Enevhar Aldarion

My numbers are from current client files, but may be they are different serverside or you are extremely lucky.

It could be just luck, though 3 of 8 Lucky Draws for 75 chips in one city and 2 of 7 Lucky Draws for 75 chips in my other city definitely defy the odds.

Bor de Wolf 1965

I am wondering if this kind of event game is permitted in some countries?
The quest for game tokens is nothing wrong with.
But you need to use 5 game tokens for a random item you need to make a new item with for a random prize.
To me this sounds to much as gambling and I know that is not allowed in every country with out special permissions.
More so as you can put in real money.

Jackluyt

This is what I have so far.
Does anyone else have others?
If so, please send screenshots of request as well as avatar / number of coins.
Thanks!
291407447_10221201131158484_8291346689334695276_n.jpg

Last edited:

Enevhar Aldarion

One more update for tonight. I have gotten to the locked quests now, all chips have been spent, and I am at 131 red crystals. That definitely feels like a lot less than normal for reaching the locked quests in the first couple of days. Maybe as much as 30-40 less? I know some of that comes from learning a new system and making bad decisions with the pieces, but still lower than I expected.

palmira

One more update for tonight. I have gotten to the locked quests now, all chips have been spent, and I am at 131 red crystals. That definitely feels like a lot less than normal for reaching the locked quests in the first couple of days. Maybe as much as 30-40 less? I know some of that comes from learning a new system and making bad decisions with the pieces, but still lower than I expected.
I am on the locked quests also, all chips spent and I am at 143 red things so roughly half for the complete set. I only got chips twice, one for 20 chips and another for 75 I think but I got a few lvl5 and 6 items from the lucky draws.

guivou

44 points after 24 quest (bronze league) ... impossible to reach 260 at the end of 75 quest ...
update 81 points after 38 quest (half ) , far less than usual , i guess it will be a little better in the futur with improvement of the way to use pieces , but for this first event of that kind , we should get a big bonus of several hundreds coins for experimentation.

update 113 points (gold league) after 53 quests

Last edited:

Dorfl the Clay

Dwarven travelling merchant - traveling only has 1 L
These words are a common cause of confusion because some people spell them with one L while others use two. Traveling or travelling depends on where is your audience. Traveling is the preferred spelling in the U.S. Travelling is the preferred spelling in the UK or in the Commonwealth.

iDavis

The table of current rewards of Lucky Draw is ready to be found here (try to update with CTRL+F5 if the page would still appear to be locked).

There is also an updated list of trade rewards (now the images are properly displayed and some cost ranges have been updated too). The list contains values for all chapters, so do not forget to select your chapter in the right top corner of the website, so that you can see the proper values for your current in-game progress.

Lastly, there is also the pieces tab, which contains some more tables and calculations, such as the worst-case scenario costs or average costs for obtaining different levels.

Buttrflwr

OHHH, I really like the idea behind this event. SOOO tired of the others I rarely played them. This one is fun and entertaining, though I agree about the coin costs, a bit high when you have to trade up so often. But still fun. Thanks @InnoGames for something new. :) And thanks @Marindor for continuing to be here for us. :)

Moncsociusz

I really liked that in the lucky fin loops there were a lot of 36 loops for 2 points. So it was easier to progress even without winning extra currency. It felt like finally there is a nice balance. But now even the cheapest trade is worth 50 coins in the worst case scenario.

I like the game but now I feel a bit frustrated as I crave more ;D giving us more coins or easier trades would be nice!

little bee

I've done a bit of math:
Lets set B as the number of base items needed, so a lv. 1 item is worth 1B, a lv. 2 item is worth 2B ... and a lv 6 item is worth 32B.
Then 5 coins will give you an expected value of 3,82B. And a lucky draw is worth 23,485B, assuming that these draw chances are correct.
If I understand correctly - card can give you that things:
View attachment 10142
a=figure, b=tool , c=dice, number nearby = level

The quests I have seen so far, cost between 11B and 18B per ruby. That is a huge difference. And of course every single step in this game includes a lot of luck. So getting the full set will require a lot of math and/or a lot of luck. And possibly a lot of time resetting the quests.

Bor de Wolf 1965

Hmm, that is a little bit to complex on the calculation site.
I have now 57 ruby's and I have completed quest 38 + I pick up an average of 24 points a day on EC around my town
So I have collected 758 coins on quests
3x30 coins from the daily login = 90
50+150 coins from the quest line = 200
2,5 days running this event = 24x2,5 = 60
I got 2x lucky on the draw for 25 and 75 coins = 100
this means I have used up 1209 rounded down to 5 = 1205 coins for 57 ruby's = 21,14 coins per ruby

with what I expect to collect during this event on coins, I can expect to get 116/117 ruby's more for a total of 173/174 ruby's.
This means I expect to be 87 ruby's short on the end of the event for a full set.
OK this is data from 1 person but you can do the same calculations as I did and I believe you will get close to my number of coins per Ruby.
So my conclusion: we need a lot more coins per quest just to be close to a full set with a little bit of luck
The base quest reward should start at 34 or 35 and not on 10 like it is now.

little bee

Could we try to gather some data about the different quests and how many items they need? Because I am starting to suspect that picking the right quest might change cost per ruby by as much as a factor 2. And that would simply be unacceptably high.

Bor de Wolf 1965

@iDavis and @Jackluyt have already all the data displayed that you are requesting for but that data doesn't show the random items that would be requested by the dwarves.
So you can have 10x the same request with all different combo's of items.

little bee

No, that is not the data I want. What I am interested in is the number and quality of the items requested by the dwarves, the number of rubies earned and the chance of getting a Lucky draw. Here my current 3 quests and some calculations:

Quest1: a4+b5+c3(=28B) for 2 rubies (R) , 10% 1*Lucky Draw. This comes out as an average of 12,8 B/R or 16,8 coins per ruby.
Quest2: a6+b1+c1(=34B) for 3R, 10% 2*LD. This comes out as 9,8 B/R or 12,8 coins per ruby.
Quest3: a5+b6+c3(=52B) for 4R, 10% 1*LD. This comes out as 12,4 B/R or 16,2 coins per ruby.