• Dear forum reader,

To actively participate on the forum by joining discussions or starting your own threads or topics, you need a game account and to REGISTER HERE!

Discussion A Gateway into the Past

Bor de Wolf 1965

I have to admit, @Uffauffa is correct about the amount of coins you get in combination with the random items you need to buy with it.
If you are lucky you get 3x a level 1 itenm that you need for an order and spend 15 coins
If you are less lucky you get only level 1 items while you need 3x a level 3 item.
This will set you back 60 coins
2x lvl1 > 1 lvl 2, 4x lvl 1 > 1 level 3 = 20 coins
If you are very unlucky you need level 5 or 6 items and that will set you back for 480 coins maximum
8x lvl1 > 1 lvl 4, 16x lvl1 > 1 lvl5, 32x lvl1 > 1 lvl 6 = 160 coins

So this low amount of coins and the low chance on getting a lucky draw will make it extremely difficult in getting a full set building.

Medusa60

evento detestável!

Edit SyreArca: (translation) "hateful event!"
Please see community manager comment below.

Last edited by a moderator:

Jackluyt

290972981_10221192663346794_8412237943426369956_n.jpg

All the information you need, including Prizes, exclusives and the building set, is in this document: https://tinyurl.com/36ptuf4r
The file does not need any special program to open it.
You are welcome to share the link with friends and fellowship who do not play in Beta.
Note that the live version may not be exactly the same as the one we are recording in Beta.
I am particularly interested in any playing tips you have wrt. the event screen, which I am still figuring out.

Hazel Caballus

Though I‘ve been looking forward to the introduction of a new event type, I‘m a bit disappointed with this one.

I agree that the amount of event currency you get for completing a quest is way too low. As a result, progress on the path is very slow although I‘ve been spending quite a lot of coins already.
The merge game itself is too much depending on chance (i.e., which tiles you draw from the cups).

I had hoped for something which allows for more strategic play other than calculating probabilities. In all Elvenar events the only thing you can do to play strategically is to calculate probabilities, except for the misty forest type where you can learn how to best use your lamps/bulbs.. This new kind of event is not very new, in that it is also based on calculating probabilities, such as the others. I‘d very much appreciate something really new.

Avocado

I am happy about a new format and it is fun to play , so thanks for that. I came by here in the forum because I was puzzled about how slow the progress is in this game design, with the new items costing 5 coins and needing many to finish an order and getting very few for the quests. Maybe the lucky cards will change something about the amount of coins available and maybe later quests will give much more coins. I cannot really believe that the game designers made such an obvious and huge mistake, so I trust them and am hoping for late-game dwarven coin rain. Some members of our fellowship seem to be discouraged from playing it at all, because progress comes so slowly and it seems there is not even a remote chance to finish the set.

When reading what @Hazel Caballus wrote, I think his is a good idea. To create an event format, where something else than probability math or sheer luck hightens your chances of silver or even gold. More comparable to strategic thinking, like in the manual fighting of tournaments for example.

Marindor

evento detestável!

Hi @Medusa60 , welcome to Beta! Please note that it is English only here on the forum. Other than that, please take a moment to look at the other posts in this thread and learn from you fellow forum members how to phrase your feedback in such a way that our game designers can actually understand what you like or don't like about the mechanics. That gives us more info to improve things from here.

Thanks for all the first feedback so far guys!

Medusa60

Hi @Medusa60 , welcome to Beta! Please note that it is English only here on the forum. Other than that, please take a moment to look at the other posts in this thread and learn from you fellow forum members how to phrase your feedback in such a way that our game designers can actually understand what you like or don't like about the mechanics. That gives us more info to improve things from here.

Thanks for all the first feedback so far guys!
Sorry! My browser was automatically translating.
A detestable event because it is slow, abusively expensive and has an unreachable return.. Earn 10 coins to use twice and earn junk?
The best figurines will hardly appear.
I'm not going to waste my time starting this in BR.

Droopy

For now i like this new setup where you need to think a bit more, but.. ;-)

My feeling over de event so far is that the quests seem to be a bit more difficult (thats ok).
The event currency (dwarvenchips) is very low compared to where you need it for, this could be demotivating.

Enevhar Aldarion

I just got three of the Lucky Draws as a prize and then got 75 coins twice when I used them, so it looks like those are where you will need good luck to get further in the event.

Moncsociusz

First of, the game mechanics are interesting. I expected something else, like a card game battle, or yatzee, or so many other options. But the game itself is still great.

But the expenses are mismatched. To get even the easiest trades you need to spend around 40 coins to get 1 gem. This is highly inflated compared to all the previous events. Not to mention that to upgrade the pieces you need matching ones, so it is exponentially more expensive. I spent 200 coins and I'm at 3 gems, this way we never going to reach 260 :D so you either need to lower the price of the cups, to 1 or 2 coins if you want to leave it to chance. Or give more currency. Like give a x10 to the gaining opportunities, when I'm collecting around the city its 10, 20, 30, coins and the same goes for the quest rewards.

If you are super lucky then the cheapest combination is around 30 coins as I observed, as even the cheaper traders as for upgraded pieces. And to get one 3 gem one, you have to spend 3-5 hundreds if you are unlucky. And there is no option to change the probabilities as for example in the previous new mechanisms, that if you opened 17 boxes,.you got a doubler.

And the probabilities for decent prizes are extremely low compared to how much you need to work for one.

I believe the core idea is good, but the pricing is shockingly not well made, and the traders are too limiting.

Solutions could be giving more traders options, or extra features to give extra currency after 10 merger, or we could.downgrade for coins.
As what happens when I need a higher piece, but I can't merge it as I got different pieces, what happens if you run out of space? Can you trade random pieces for a different group equivalent level?

So the idea is great, don't get me wrong, but as this mechanism is way more complex than the previous ones, it needs more nuance and space to move as well to be enjoyable.

Hope these inputs help :)

ekarat

I'm curious what the designers had in mind for the expected gains from the event. Did they aim low (and it's sadly working as intended), or did they misjudge how much gains people will average?

DeletedUser2378

It took me 20 quests to get enough gems to win one main prize. Of course it also took a little bit to figure it all out once I logged in. At this rate, I'll only win around 4 or 5 main prizes if my luck stays the same... with trying to match the right choices. That will only give me a few set pieces total and not many daily exclusives.
There are not enough coins given per quest or pick up, as stated many times above.
I'm done playing this event for now. Hopefully the chances and coin amounts are changed to make things more engaging and worth it for us. The matching game is really fun. It just needs to be worth the effort in the end.

Angeduciel

I find it way too costly to get a level 4,5 or 6 item... the probability to draw them from the buckets are extremelly low, so I ended up having to merge way too many items to finally be able to get 1 gem :oops: Too soon to draw conclusion but I don't feel like making any progress towards the prizes/league. Kind of discouraging...

Enevhar Aldarion

I have two Beta cities, one in chapter 17 and one is chapter 6. Chapter 17 is way ahead of chapter 6 for completed quests, but chapter 6 is way ahead of chapter 17 for grand prize points because that is the one where I got 75 coins twice when using the Lucky Draws. I have almost completed the 2nd grand prize there, while I just completed the 1st grand prize in the bigger city.