• Dear forum reader,

To actively participate on the forum by joining discussions or starting your own threads or topics, you need a game account and to REGISTER HERE!

Discussion A Gateway into the Past

Marindor

Dear Humans and Elves,

Please find the announcement for our latest event including some very new game mechanics here and let us know what you think about it!

Kind regards,
Your Elvenar Team

Alcaro

The story sounds like Jumanji.
Drought ... [...] ..the waters carried away the board. Maybe it should be added "floods came" - this would emphasize the long period of time when the game was lost and as well will make more sense. Where's drought and the continent died, the waters do not exist. Just saying :)

Very curious how this new type of event will work.

ayvinul

I think playing this game https://play2048.co/ might help you a bit. although i might be totally wrong and it just looks similar but it totally different afterall. (warning, that game is addictive in its simplicity)
I expect it's more likely to be one of the numerous merge games that show up on the play store from time to time, unfortunately (I used to be really good at 2048, went to 4096 several times on various versions)

eltina

In APP we have a gray box for the event
a picture Will be nice (I have Update the app today)
7455D7E7-39AF-444E-A09D-DB5D4592348B.jpg

ArwennorB

View attachment 10134
You are lucky, 24 hours to go and no time lock on my updated app. Also don't have a clue where to see if the info they need to report a flaw. Can't copy the version and way to much trouble to write down then type out on a mobile phone. :(

SyreArca

Ex-Team Member

You are lucky, 24 hours to go and no time lock on my updated app. Also don't have a clue where to see if the info they need to report a flaw. Can't copy the version and way to much trouble to write down then type out on a mobile phone. :(
Hey all!
Please try updating your app again today, to see the new count down. :)

Should you need assistance with reporting an issue, send us a ticket through Support and we would be happy to help!

Enevhar Aldarion

Just updated my app today (Android) and the box is gone and replaced with a proper lock for the event. I am now on version 1.155.1 for the main game and 1.156 for Beta. You can see your app version by tapping on the little cog and then switching to the gameplay options tab.

Bor de Wolf 1965

Looking at the idavis building list, the set could be nice depending on the chapter you are in.
Unfortunately The Lunar Factory gives the chapter important goods just 1 chapter to late.
You want the extra orcs in the orc chapter and the mana in the wood elven chapter.

Enevhar Aldarion

Looking at the idavis building list, the set could be nice depending on the chapter you are in.
Unfortunately The Lunar Factory gives the chapter important goods just 1 chapter to late.
You want the extra orcs in the orc chapter and the mana in the wood elven chapter.

The set buildings give goods in appropriate chapters, though.

Jackluyt

A few typos from the description, @Marindor:
  • Dwarven travelling merchant - traveling only has 1 L (a mistake I make often too! :) )
  • on its place only a big forest remained - should be 'in' not on
  • viting your city on a daily basis (What are dwarven chips section) - missing s

Bor de Wolf 1965

The Lunar factory is not a part of the set buildings but a stand alone one.
There for it is a shame if you get it in the orc or woodelves you mis on the resources they could provide.
But as a mana source in the higher chapters it is a very nice one

{edit}
Looking at the set buildings again but now adding the numbers I start getting my doubts.
At chapter 19 you get a total of:
1300+650+1300+1300 orcs 4550
900+405+765+1125 seeds 3195
2600+3380+3900 platinum 9880
1760+2640+3080 tree sap 7480
880+1408+1760 moon stone 4048

So if you are a platinum maker you get the maximum of your bonus goods, a little less on the tree sap and way less on the moon stone.
In this case you should get 9880 on your T4+2, 7480 on your T4+1 and 4048 on your T4.
That way it should have the same value for all players, no matter what their bonus good would be.

Last edited:

Uffauffa

Sorry to be rude, but sometimes to be honest is the best way.
The new game mechanic is absolutely too much randomized, frustrating.
Leaving back for the moment the feeling I got from the coin amount from the missions. Ridiculous.
Starting from 10? Are you sure? When 5 are needed to get one new “random thing”?
Where I am wrong?

Earwen1

I like this event!

And have a tip!
When you have a piece ready for the tasks, but need to save it, be careful not to merge it and loose it for that task. To save it, keep it at the side of the board so you will remember not to merge it until you can deliver it to the task. Like this:
elvenar Gateway 2022-07-07_114928.jpg