• Dear forum reader,

To actively participate on the forum by joining discussions or starting your own threads or topics, you need a game account and to REGISTER HERE!

Discussion A Gateway into the Past

palmira

I really like this event, I was a bit lost in the beginning but it was easy to catch up :) And it is more stimulating then opening random chests. I did half of the quests already, finishing quest 39 tomorrow, and I have 101 of the red things so probably it is not that difficult to get the whole set at 260.

Enevhar Aldarion

Do people realize there is a tiny trash can symbol on each of the three combo choices, so it you do not want to do one of them, you can delete it and have a new one in 30 minutes? There is nothing forcing you to do one of the three available if you do not like any of them.

Jammin

I think the best strategy to get a lot of Red Rubies for the event currency is to fill the board with 3x 15 different items and to combine as few as necessary. Click away the quests that appear as uncompleted and after 30 minutes see if some of the new ones appear as completed and click away the uncompleted ones again. The board should always be kept as full and balanced as possible.

guivou

44 points after 24 quest (bronze league) ... impossible to reach 260 at the end of 75 quest ...

PrimroseSylvia

While I like the new mechanic, I have to agree that it's too aleatory and consequently too much expensive, and reduced event currecies from quests (daily login was 35 in Little Fin, here is 20, for example) doesn't help. Yes, I know there's the Lucky Draw that we never have before, but... we should get lucky enough to get it.

Lord Maz

I think the most important item for having at least a little chance to get the set complete is the Lucky Draw Card. Thats why I think it´s necessary, especially for the live servers, to make a list of all things that can be received by the Lucky Card.
For my first Lucky Card I got 25 Coins an for the next two a level 5 tool (smasher). @Enevhar Aldarion wrote that he got 75 coins twice, maybe it is also possible to get 50 coins. I´m very curious which figurines, dice and tools you can get from the Card.

Heffernan

in the announcement it says that you can finish the storyline quests straight away, after that you get one new quest per day. so, the faster you finish the storyline the more extra quests you get.
did i get it right ?

Moncsociusz

But getting a lucky card is quite unlikely. I tried to open almost only rare traders, I'm at 24 rubies and no lucky card so far, but got 2 dailies and some resources. So again if they change the features that every 17th cup opening or merger is counting towards a lucky draw as the spring and winter events then it's a different story.

Karvest

I´m very curious which figurines, dice and tools you can get from the Card.
If I understand correctly - card can give you that things:
1657275837669.png

a=figure, b=tool , c=dice, number nearby = level

guivou

got 4 lucky card and 2 level 5 and 2 level 6 item ... quite consistent with probability ... for extra event currency you must be very lucky (10% for having a card and the 20 % ... )

Jackluyt

291022068_10221197177339641_4924499805102156469_n.jpg

Trade Requests​

These are the ones I have so far.
I am presuming there will be nine, which appears to be the magic number for chests, hoops etc., in other events.
Can anyone confirm the number nine? And perhaps supply the necessary screenshots so I can build up the missing items - thanks!
:)
Each gives a different number of triumph gems to go towards winning the various prizes, and each gives different percentage possibilities of winning various prizes, including the Daily Exclusive

Which requests are best for Grand Prizes / League & Daily Exclusives?​

I am thinking this will be impossible to calculate, as there is a lot of luck involved in gaining the various components needed to finish the request.

Jaxom

OK, I get bored with the same old event mechanics too but this has little appeal.
Choose a cup - random result
Accept a trade - random result, always low odds of getting the daily
If I wanted to play a game of chance I could do a lot better than Elvenar

Production from set of buildings - seems to be not much more than a 3 hour production from my factories

Tasks - seem to be asking for far more coins, goods than recently. Am I wrong?

Thanks for trying to give us some variety but no thanks as far as working hard on this event.

pavlov

No interest ; the mechanics of the game could have been interesting if it had been a question of connecting two hammers (or other artefatcs) with lines that do not cross to get something, and therefore of making real tactic choices as puzzling games ; there, we only attend the draw of the one who has the luckiest !

I will recommend members of my 'live' guild to avoid this quest. and its complicated rules and poor interest, until substantial adjustments have been made.

We are now on holydays (most of us), and what we need is lots of gifts, and above all no hassle !

Last edited by a moderator: